• 52 results
#1 Posted by VideoGameBacon (47 posts) -

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10340 posts) -

Ink. Anything else is un-American!

#3 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

Gel pens are for SISSIES!

#4 Edited by VideoGameBacon (47 posts) -

Well, this is embarrassing, that was going to say ball point not ink. Failure..

Whatever, Lets just pretend there is a thing called gel that isn't made of ink.

#5 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

When I was like 9/10 in school, for whatever reason, people started collecting the scented gel pens and just general weird ones. This was shortly after Pokemon was banned I think... makes sense...

#6 Posted by PinkSoda (88 posts) -

Gel pens because they piss teacher's off, especially if they're pastel colors!

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5133 posts) -

Last time I saw someone use a gel pen was in 7th grade.

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

Ink

#9 Posted by natetodamax (19164 posts) -

Blood

#10 Posted by Pie (7034 posts) -

Who uses gel pens?

#11 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

Ink. What the fuck is a gel pen?

#12 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

Pilot G2 gel ink pens ALL DAY

#13 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

Not gonna lie, scented gel pens were pretty dope when the were popular at school for a little while. Wouldn't surprise me if I got better marks because my essays smelled like blue berries. I mean, marking work must be pretty dull normally.

#14 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

I'm more of an Ink pen user than a Gel pen user.

#15 Posted by Veektarius (4539 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Ink

I also favor the Uniball Jetstream, so excellent choice. However, this preference does not lead to a clear choice between ballpoint and gel. "Jetstream Ballpoint Pen features an innovative ink system that unites the smoothness of a gel and quick-drying of a ballpoint for high-speed writing performance. Quick-drying ink helps resist smearing and prevent check washing. Ink is fade-resistant and water-resistant."

#16 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

ink. good times when every girl had a gel.

#17 Posted by VideoGameBacon (47 posts) -

The Gel pens are smoother when you write with them.

#18 Posted by SSully (4117 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

When I was like 9/10 in school, for whatever reason, people started collecting the scented gel pens and just general weird ones. This was shortly after Pokemon was banned I think... makes sense...

Yeah I remember kids doing that. Easily one of the dumbest trends ever.

#19 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

Pokemon was... banned? Huh?

Anyway, I remember the gel fad. It died off once people realised that they didn't bloody work.

#20 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1899 posts) -

Gel ink is horrific, it's way too thick and leaves ugly blotchy marks all over the page. Regular old ink is the only way to go.

#21 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@MysteriousBob said:

@Hitchenson said:

Anyway, I remember the gel fad. It died off once people realised that they didn't bloody work.

People kept stealing other peoples cards and stuff.

#22 Posted by 71Ranchero (2669 posts) -

No clue what gel pens are, dont much care. I just use whatever isnt dried up.

#23 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (325 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Ink

This is probably my preferred pen normally. The smoothness is really great!

#24 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Hitchenson said:

Pokémon cards were banned at my school too. It was a shame too, was like a childhood dream come true when everyone was in the playground trading Pokémanz.

#25 Posted by Beforet (2911 posts) -

Not entirely sure what gel pens are. I use G-2 Pilot pens, are they gel?

#26 Posted by NickBOTT (481 posts) -

Ink.

#27 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

Gel pens feel a lot better to write with imo!

#28 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Hitchenson said:

Oh the cards. I thought you meant Pokemon in general. Yeah the cards were looked down upon at my school too.

#29 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

Ink, definitely. 

I'm left-handed so writing with a gel pen is out of the question. As my hand moves across the page with my writing the work I've done becomes illegible. I use a Parker Vector pen for all of my writing, and it's probably the best pen I've ever used. It's a good quality, refillable biro. The only issue I have is that I managed to damage the original spring in it, so it's using a different spring now, and the little button to push the actual point out is stiffer now with the unplanned spring.

#30 Posted by Sliced_Bread (147 posts) -

Gel. I have to fill out forms in sub-zero temperatures for half the year, and ink freezes way too fast.

#31 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

Whatever is closer.

#32 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (711 posts) -

ink pens are the best. i hate using gel pens. they have a tendency to smear.

#33 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
Blood
#34 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1347 posts) -

you cant beat a really good ink pen

#35 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@Pie said:
Who uses gel pens?
Pussies
#36 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (433 posts) -

@Hitchenson said:

Oh man... I remember those days :)

#37 Posted by thebatmobile (979 posts) -

I read the title as "penis" and didn't dare enter this thread until now. And I realize my mistake.

#38 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

glink... man glink.

#39 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

@Newten said:

@Hitchenson said:

@MysteriousBob said:

@Hitchenson said:

Pokémon cards were banned at my school too. It was a shame too, was like a childhood dream come true when everyone was in the playground trading Pokémanz.

I remember when Pokemon cards and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards were banned from my elementary school too (they were also robbing people of those cards). It was fun while it lasted. I also recently got this type of nostalgia when I noticed some of the people back at my college campus play the current Pokemon card versions (Which was nice).

#40 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -

@TheVeteran13 said:

Pilot G2 gel ink pens ALL DAY

Seriously. The G2 is the best mainstream, affordable pen available.

#41 Posted by nickb64 (214 posts) -

Whatever I have at the time.

I like those G2 pens in black and blue, but lately I've been using the pens my school gives out for free, which are basically bic ball point pens, because I'm cheap and don't have money.

#42 Posted by super2j (1650 posts) -

@VideoGameBacon: Well the choice is obvious... but the true question is is mm is the best. Right now im liking 0.7mm, but 0.5mm or even 0.3mm might be good. But god damn 1.0mm pens... toooo fat.

#43 Posted by AmatureIdiot (1061 posts) -

Unless you love smudges its got to be ink.

#44 Posted by cursormonkey (28 posts) -

Depends, my mood can change, but right now good old ink ball point.

#45 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Gel for easymode.
Ink for loveletters.

#46 Posted by pk241191 (1 posts) -

Well its always ink pens which prevails as the ink is always crystal clear ..

#47 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (723 posts) -

Holy necro, batman!

Also, fountain pens.

#48 Edited by Fattony12000 (6950 posts) -

#49 Posted by Marcsman (3090 posts) -

Gotta go with ink

#50 Posted by Veektarius (4539 posts) -

That feeling when you come ready to wade into a conversation and find out your opinion hasn't changed in two years