#1 Edited by Geralt (316 posts) -

Anyone experiencing much slower download speed after the site launched?

I think I heard something about they are switching video hosting provider or something. Is that the case? Anyone?

#2 Edited by Kidavenger (3512 posts) -

Video's have been mostly unwatchable since the relaunch, every single video I've tried to watch completely stops 4 seconds into the video and I have to mess with the video options to get it going again, then it's all herky jerky 5 seconds on / 5 seconds buffering until I shut it down or switch over to Youtube.

Netflix and Youtube are both working perfectly fine.

Never had any problems before.

#3 Posted by Geralt (316 posts) -

Video's have been mostly unwatchable since the relaunch, every single video I've tried to watch completely stops 4 seconds into the video and I have to mess with the video options to get it going again, then it's all herky jerky 5 seconds on / 5 seconds buffering until I shut it down or switch over to Youtube.

Netflix and Youtube are both working perfectly fine.

Never had any problems before.

Thank you for the response. I felt so alone and insecure.

Youtube is fine for me as well but there're no subscriber videos on there.

#4 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I've been having some slow speeds as well. Even on low quality, I have to stop the video and let it load.

#5 Posted by Sinusoidal (1301 posts) -

Same story here. I haven't managed to watch a video on the site since the switch. I got one working, but the quality at which it was streaming was so incredibly terrible I didn't bother to watch. Most of the time it's either buffering every five seconds or not even managing to load at all. Completely intolerable.

Also, I'm in Korea: the land of fast Internet!