#2452 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (722 posts) -

This threads called introduce yourself because obviously

Were going to be fucken! introducing ourselves!

Tell us a little bit about you & what you like to do

Tell us what you like & what you think

Doesn't matter if its about videogames or anything els!

#2453 Posted by HermanBloom (94 posts) -

I've been signed up for ages, but only now starting to look into the forums. From the UK, I like JRPGs but now I'm all adult-like with a house etc I barely have time for Pacman DX, let alone Ni no Kuni. Which makes me sad.

I like Ice Hockey as well. Despite being in a country where to watch the NHL I basically have to be awake from 1am to 5am. Don't judge me.

#2454 Posted by J_00700 (11 posts) -

Hello. I'm J_00700. There is one and only one thing you must know about me....

What, did you think I would tell you? Not a chance bud.

#2455 Posted by MondyofAus (27 posts) -

G'day guys. I'm Mondy. I'm a NeoGAF exile. Be nice, I'm not like them >.>

#2456 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -
Staff
#2457 Posted by HermanBloom (94 posts) -

Thanks Rorie!

#2458 Posted by edgework (90 posts) -

Hello everyone. I'm a new Staff member / Developer here at Giant Bomb. See the cool green icon in the corner? (Sooo cool). I show it to anyone I can because I'm so stoked to be here. I definitely am going to be super active beyond just making things work. In my blog here I'm doing a behind the scenes kind of thing getting into what's behind all the magnificent content you see here. There's a little bit of self-indulgent ranting thrown in now and then too. Check it out! I'll be contributing to the forums too once I get settled in there. I'll of course be watching the bug reporting forum so there's no need to send me bugs directly unless you really want ME to fix them because you REALLY like the way I fix bugs.

Staff
#2459 Posted by mindgarden418 (59 posts) -

G'day everyone. New to the forums and such. I'm 26, Australian and I've owned each of the major platforms from Sega/Nintendo/Sony (except a Vita) and both MS platforms but throughout my entire life I have always enjoyed gaming on PC the most (still happy to play on consoles and handhelds though!) and feel most at home there.

I'm a fairly seasoned drunk, have an awesome cat and have to quit smoking. Some of my favorite games are Baldurs Gate series, Civ, Master of Orion 2, STALKER, 3D Mario titles, shmups like Ketsui, Battle Garrega, Armed Police Batrider and many other stuffs.

#2460 Posted by JakeMoore1106 (51 posts) -

Hello i'm Jake, work as an IT Support at a work place called Midland Chilled Foods.

Like playing Games,

Love my girlfriend

Love going to the gym

Sorry that's all i can think about lol

#2461 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -
Staff
#2462 Posted by Kr7stof (74 posts) -

Hi everyone,

My name is kristof. I am 29

I like playing games on the pc and i also own a wii u..

My favorites games are the stalker series.

I also really like seeing movies.

I am looking forward talking to you all.

Kristof.

#2463 Posted by Roman_K (2 posts) -

Hello,

My name is Roman, 28 years old. I've been playing mostly PC games since 1992 or so, with some mobile/tablet games added into the mix recently. Though I do like some of the older console games, and I probably have my old SEGA console lying around somewhere, dusty and non-functional as it may be.

I'm an RPG and fantasy/sci-fi geek, of sorts, hence my rather predictable appreciation of tabletop roleplaying, RPG and adventure games, and quite a lot of books from certain genres.

#2464 Posted by Vermisean (154 posts) -

Hey everyone, my name's Sean.

Been a while since I've been on a forum but I thought I should probably partake as I loves me some Giant Bomb.

I'm kind of all over when it comes to favorite game genres, but RPGs are high up on my list for sure (Horror would be top if it wasn't dying so hard these days).

I work at a steel mill where I don't belong at all, but hey, gotta make money for all DEM GAMEZ.

I... Uhhh... I... I own a Wii U.

#2465 Posted by billymagnum (834 posts) -

hey everyone! billy here. long time fan since the gamespot glory days, first time premium member.

i no longer watch television, i just watch giant bomb. its about time i became a paid member...

lets see,

ill be 30 this xmas (YIKES)

i work at Mars (yes the candy makers)

im the Mod at the artist Kimbra's official forum

avid game player but i think i love watching games even more haha. quick looks are the best LP's ever...

i love making/playing music. guitar/bass/piano/production/etc. any genre but rap or country or death metal will do

very much a huge Kimbra and Regina Spektor fan right now but i listen to everything from Chopin to Pantera really.

#2466 Posted by SycoMantis91 (30 posts) -

Well, I'm James and i'm typically horrid at talking about myself. I've been on and off of this site for a bit now, mostly using the info pages and list feature... I like lists... Anyway, I've recently started posting in the forums, and I'm pretty bored, so I figured this is a decent way to meet like-minded people.

Now that the boring intro/justification is out of the way: I'm a sarcastic prick, I joke often (horrible puns taking up a large portion of those), I'm a nice guy, usually too nice for my own good, I often walk around in jeans and a band t-shirt, I'm socially awkward and introverted but if I trust you I can be myself and am typically far more open on the internets.

As far as more this site-related stuff goes, I've been gaming literally as long as I can remember, so probably about 2 or 3. Among my first games were Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Street Fighter II, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Iron Man and X-O Manowar in Heavy metal (I know, that's an obscure one), and the like. One of my favorite memories is getting a Game Boy Color and Pokemon Blue on my 7th Christmas. I have a large and ever-expanding (both through recalling and playing games), but a few favorites are: pretty much anything Bioware, most anything Squaresoft (including most of their RPG's and games like Bushido Blade, Rad Racer, Tobal No. 1 and Parasite Eve), Pokemon, most pre-Microsoft Rareware games, old LucasArts/Sierra adventure games, Elder Scrolls III and V (Oblivion was terrible), Mega Man (especially the X series), Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario World in all its iterations as well as Galaxy, most things Atlus makes or publishes, Devil May Cry, Legacy of Kain, Zelda, I could go on forever and likely missed some big ones. I love me some RPG's but I enjoy something in just about any genre.

I'm also big into some TV shows (especially 90's cartoons and sci-fi/fantasy) as well as being a bit of a movie buff, at least for my age. I'm really into comics but unfortunately haven't had the chance to read a whole lot of them. There are books I like, but I'm more of an audiobook guy, I like to be able to be somewhat productive while I'm "reading". I also like sports, which I know is likely uncommon here, and I have a music obsession. Anyway, feel free to message me or something if you want to talk, I'm friendly and junk.

#2467 Posted by ASIAN_LAWYER (2 posts) -

greetings,

the names ASIAN_LAWYER. i am neither asian, nor lawyer.

#2468 Edited by PastelTichan (3 posts) -

Tiffany here, under the name Pastel Tichan

WHoop

23, Female Australian.

Favourite game? Lufia II

Or Mystical Ninja, fighting with a pipe, glorious!

I live in SA and run Australia's Largest Video Game and Anime convention along with a Committee team, although I'm stepping down this year to concentrate on my second job with the Convention: Guest Liaison - in charge of bringing down the special guests to our little chunk of land. Too bad it's all volunteer work, dream job right there.

Let's see

Admittedly, joined this site just to get in contact with a certain person but am now lurking and checking it out here and there.

Have also been asked to, and am being aided in creating a professional studio YouTube Channel where I get to do all sorts of awesome things to do with anime games and pop culture.
Whoo.

#2469 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -
Staff
#2470 Edited by billymagnum (834 posts) -

thanks @rorie ! ive been lurking too long haha
question: its probably staring me right in the face but i dont know where all the info is around here yet.

what is the fan mail address for the mailbag and what are the guidelines if any?

#2471 Posted by yourbuddyjeff (27 posts) -

howdy! my name is Jeff I just recently discovered the site after listening to the podcast for a few weeks. As far as me I love any game with a mech I'm your huckleberry. I have been playing video games since the NES and will try any game at least once.

#2472 Edited by billymagnum (834 posts) -

thanks

@rorie

! ive been lurking too long haha

question: its probably staring me right in the face but i dont know where all the info is around here yet.

what is the fan mail address for the mailbag and what are the guidelines if any?

also...where's the forum control panel/settings??

#2473 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -

@billymagnum: You can send us anything you like here:

Giant Bomb c/o CBS Interactive
235 Second Street
SF, CA 94105

If you want to access your personal settings, you have to mouse over your avatar in the upper right corner of the screen and hit the "Settings" button. That should let you make a bunch of changes. If you have any other questions about it, let me know!

Staff
#2474 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -
Staff
#2475 Posted by Littleg (68 posts) -

@rorie said:

@roman_k: @vermisean: @billymagnum: @sycomantis91: @pasteltichan: @asian_lawyer: @kr7stof:Keep in mind that there's a five post per day limit until you hit 25 posts, purely as an anti-spam measure.

Huh, I hadn't noticed that. Well, I'll use one of my posts to do an intro...

I'm Greg (rather short. Little g, see? Just like the Dr Seuss ABC book!), just turned 36, father of one, very soon to be two, from Epsom in the UK.

For the last few years, I've been a Mod over at a forum based around the no-longer-running gaming podcast Noobtoob. That place has been down for a few months with technical issues and I've been sadly looking for a new online home for a couple of weeks. GB seems a natural place as I found it back in 2009 through a recommendation from one of the other mods who said there was this video series of a pair of guys playing through a JRPG that I might enjoy...

Gaming-wise, I generally have at least one console driving sim that I play obsessively (currently Forza, formerly GT) but in the last few years I've been trying to branch out a little and try as many gaming genres as possible. Outside of gaming it's all family and work stuff, but I do play drums in a band to stave off complete middle-aged collapse. I also follow football and Formula 1 (see the ginormous post in Drew's F1 thread...).

Looking forward to interacting more with the GB community, on first exposure it looks like a nice place to hang out!

#2476 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -

@littleg: Nice, welcome aboard! I know Drew's been getting driving-crazy lately, so hopefully you can help him explore this exciting new side of himself. And thanks for being a subscriber, too; we really appreciate it!

Staff
#2477 Posted by Littleg (68 posts) -

@rorie: Well you helped out when I was having technical issues with the original payment, so thank you. I'm sure we'll all help Drew out, becoming a motorsports fan is a difficult transition in any young man's life and he's sure to have a lot of questions...

#2478 Posted by billymagnum (834 posts) -
@rorie said:

....I know Drew's been getting driving-crazy lately, so hopefully you can help him explore this exciting new side of himself.

thanks @rorie i thought there would be a separate forum cp but i was wrong.

that live race he did on unpro-fridays...i felt terrible for him but i could not stop laughing. losing control and hitting other players was one thing but i almost died when he rolled it!

#2479 Edited by Kr7stof (74 posts) -
#2480 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -

@billymagnum: Yeah, the Alexis part at the end of that stream was fantastic too.

Staff
#2481 Posted by Vermisean (154 posts) -

@kr7stof: Same here! So glad to be part of the community I have enjoyed for so long!

*stands in the middle of the road* I'M NOT AFRAID ANYMORE! *gets hit by car*

#2482 Edited by hans_maulwurf (124 posts) -

Hi all. Excited to finally be making the step from lurker to (hopefully) semi-active participant of this awesome site and community.

#2483 Posted by Kr7stof (74 posts) -

@kr7stof: Same here! So glad to be part of the community I have enjoyed for so long!

*stands in the middle of the road* I'M NOT AFRAID ANYMORE! *gets hit by car*

Haha.. yep, that's the feeling..

#2484 Edited by OhmanIloveOman (6 posts) -

Hi I am a gatecrasher from gamespot, I signed up back when this site started and forgot my password. Welcome aboard, pleased to have me.

#2485 Posted by Lotus1225 (2 posts) -

hey everyone! billy here. long time fan since the gamespot glory days, first time premium member.

i no longer watch television, i just watch giant bomb. its about time i became a paid member...

lets see,

ill be 30 this xmas (YIKES)

i work at Mars (yes the candy makers)

im the Mod at the artist Kimbra's official forum

avid game player but i think i love watching games even more haha. quick looks are the best LP's ever...

i love making/playing music. guitar/bass/piano/production/etc. any genre but rap or country or death metal will do

very much a huge Kimbra and Regina Spektor fan right now but i listen to everything from Chopin to Pantera really.

Hi Billy! you'll be 30 this xmas... you mean Dec 25th?!? :D

My bday's this xmas too, that's why I am called Joy. But I'll be 10 years older than you.

Still, I love playing PC games, especially the ones with zombies in it: The walking dead, left 4 dead, even plants vs. zombies ...

Also like watching vampire & zombie movies. Most recent one was Warm Bodies.

I play the piano and violin, make dresses, and crochet. My crochet minion hats are selling like pancakes, especially now that xmas is coming. :)

#2486 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -
Staff
#2487 Edited by astromea (1 posts) -

Hiya! (: Name's Karen and I have been creeping GiantBomb for quite some time now until finally growing some balls and introducing myself. I reside in Ontario, Canada and am still going to university and paying for something I don't even like anymore. That aside, I've played video games most of my life and have recently become somewhat unhealthily (is that a word?) obsessed this past summer; not good for my social life. Currently play PS3 and PC games, but do own a PS2, GC, PSP and have owned N64, PS. Nice to meet y'all!

#2488 Edited by DarthCaine (14 posts) -

I like pie!

#2489 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -

@darthcaine: @astromea: Welcome to the site, both of you! Feel free to ping me if you have any questions with anything.

Staff
#2490 Edited by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

@rorie:

Can someone send this man a fancy doorman outfit? At least just a hat of some sort? And if so video mailbag that shit!

#2491 Edited by Noblenerf (323 posts) -

Hello, Giant Bomb community!

My username is Noblenerf - as evidenced by this post. I made an account about seven hours ago, and only stumbled upon this thread just now. I'm a big fan of Giant Bomb and video games in general. I like all sorts of video games, though I find sports games to be boring. My favourite genre of games would probably be turn-based RPGs and their subgenres.

I look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with the Giant Bomb community.

#2492 Edited by Paskill (7 posts) -

Hi guys, new guy here.

Been lurking for about a week or two, a friend by the name of Panacamanana introduced to Giant Bomb a while ago, BIG fan of the podcast. Hope to make your acquaintance!

#2494 Posted by matt_jennings (2 posts) -

Hello have been a premium member for a while now yet have not really interacted with the community. A bit about me... I have played games most of my 19 years. My first game memory I think was getting a Game Boy Colour for Christmas and playing The Jungle Book on it (which I hope still holds up as I have fond memories of it). From that point I was probably hooked and have been consuming games and games media ever since. Just wanted to say hey and get more into the community of a site I truly admire.

Hope I will be contributing more to these forums in the future - Matt from Australia.

#2496 Edited by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Its been a while guys. Ive been with the site since launch, i used to be very involved with the forums but ive fallen off for the past few years due to school and fraternity stuff...also because of my girlfriend. I plan on re investing a portion of my time into giantbomb because the community is what makes this place great. LETS DO THIS SHIT YALL

#2499 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Hi. I'm sure you've seen me around, posting here and there. I like videogames. I'm 26. I've been playing videogames for maybe 25 of those years. Uh, I'm married, but husband doesn't play as much as I do. I have a cat named Philbert. That's all I can think of at the moment. So in conclusion, hi.

#2500 Edited by Kirito_kun (2 posts) -

Hi,I am kirito_kun.

I am new here.I am from Myanmar.

I have a pc and psp.

And my favourite game is Prototype.

I like RPG and watch some anime.