ipod price change coming?

mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mussbus999

Does anyone know of the ipod price dropping anytime soon?

I'm taking a trip on Spring Break this year to the Gulf Shores and I thought a brand new ipod touch would accompany me nicely on the drive =]

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine

No I doubt a change in price is coming but I don't think you should get and iPod. Get a Zune :)

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Don't buy a touch, complete waste of your money. You wont regret buying a nano bro.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolverine

Yeah I had a original nano and I loved it. Not a bad choice.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I doubt it.

And also, a touch is good if you plan on using it for apps and things, but if you just want an MP3 player, a classic is probably best.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By JudgeDread

no price change, maybe new products but never a price change

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By penguindust

Well, it's been about a year since they last cut the price, so I think one might be not far in the future.   Plus, they just held a conference in which they had new iMacs & Macminis with lower prices.  However, upon a quick google, there doesn't seem to be any hot rumors of a price drop making the rounds on all the usual sites (Macrumors, Appleinsider, Cnet, Endgaget, etc...)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike
Wolverine said:
"No I doubt a change in price is coming but I don't think you should get and iPod. Get a Zune :)"

I owned a Zune 30 for two years, and now I have a 2nd Gen iPod Touch.  I'm sorry to break this to you, but the Zune isn't even in the same class of device as the Touch.  It isn't even close.

The Zune is a fine choice if you're looking for a standard MP3 player, but that's as far as the comparisons go.  It's the same way when comparing the Touch to the iPod Classics...you really can't, they are drastically different devices.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Out_On_Bail

MB is right, the iPod touch/iPhone is in an entirely different zone of portable music devices.   There is WAY more to the iPod Touch than ANY other standard mp3 player.  

I just got one this past weekend, and so far I love it. It's actually making me think I will get an iphone in a year once my contract is up with verizon.

As for a price drop, most likely because I just bought one there will be a price drop within the next few days.  At least that's how it always seems to work with any other big purchase I do.