Ipod touch 1rst gen vs 2nd gen

Bishop113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bishop113

I'm about to take the plunge and I'm just curious what the difference between first and second generation Ipod touch.

I was looking about on Amazon at the two different models and 2nd gen they show images of gaming on the ipod but not on the 2nd gen; so I'm just curious if there's any differences between the two generations.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By DJ_Lae

The second gen model has physical volume buttons, supports microphone input, has a built-in speaker, a faster processor, and also does the Nike running thing. The volume buttons are extremely useful (no swiping the stupid thing on to play with the volume) and the faster processor does show up in some of the apps, plus the general speediness of the OS stuff.

Bishop113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bishop113

Cool, It looks like the 2nd gen is actually cheaper than the first gen anyways on Amazon. Just as long as they didn't like get rid of any features from the first gen.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mrfizzy

not at all. i love my second gen! iv been finding it a bitch to jailbreak tho. 

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

The 2nd gen also has speakers so you don't need headphones

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Also after update 3.0 the iPod Touch 2nd Gen will support A2DP stereo bluetooth, as far as I know the original Touch never will be able to do that.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By maxszy

I've actually been thinking of taking the plunge soon myself. Actually checked out the ITouch in the Apple store yesterday, it really is very sexy. A very nice device indeed.