• 85 results
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im pretty stoked for this movie.  Im glad its coming out earlier than the summer.  

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#52  Edited By ZombiePie

I think Ben Kingsley's voice sounds really off and it was bugging me the entire trailer! Looks like it will take some getting use to, just like Bane from The Dark Knight Rises.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@NTM: I get the Transformers movies mixed up it was either the 2nd or 3rd when at the final battle they open portals to the villians world and the come through the portals and wreck havoc even a giant flying worm comes through. I think it was the 3rd one, Avengers is by far the better movie no doubt, but when I was watching the final battle I couldn't help but feel De Ja Vu to a certain Transformers battle.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By RockyRaccoon37

I'm clearly in the minority but outside of Captain America, nearly all of the Marvel movies have been stupendously boring and safe popcorn action movies.

Captain America though, that movie was NUTS. And so much fun.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By monkeyking1969

We don't know enough to judge the movie...we can only judge the trailer. I think they want a bit dark for the trailer to add some pathos to it, but given the writer and director as well as Robert Downy Jr l I can easily see the snark and humor is probably there but not being shown. Recall that after the first five minutes of the first movie the story went dark for 30 minutes while Stark was beat down. I think this movie is just bringing Stark down again because after Iron Man 2 and Avengers he was looking pretty unbeatable. They are showing us the dark and self doubt bit, but that won't be the movie.

I think this movie will be fine. The problem is what is next? Do we REALLY want to see five, six, or ight of these movies Iron Man movies, plus three or more Avengers movies? Unlike comics you can reboot movies forever....probably. And I cannot imagine a better group of actors then what they have assembled as this first group. I hope to god after this first round of movies they just drop it for a decade. What they have done so far even if not every movie has been perfect is HUGE...impossible even...I doubt they will ever get it "this right" again.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By NTM

@Bourbon_Warrior: That's understandable. And yes, it was the third Transformers movie. That movie was crap.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By NTM

Also, I didn't like Guy Pearce's voice here. "Some people call me a terrerist [sic]".

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Trailer was kinda underwhelming, but I know for a fact I'm still going to see this movie the day it comes out. I absolutely loved 1 & 2, Avengers, Hulk, and Thor (I still haven't seen Captain America...). I wouldn't call any of them perfect, but they were good, fun action flicks and that's all I care about. Marvel/Disney really hasn't let me down personally so, until then, I'll keep going to the movies.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By apathylad

I liked the first Iron Man, but couldn't stand the second one. I'm hoping I'll enjoy Iron Man 3, though.

@NTM said:

Also, I didn't like Guy Pearce's voice here. "Some people call me a terrerist [sic]".

I'm pretty sure that was Ben Kingsley, but yeah, I don't know what kind of accent that was.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By NTM

@Apathylad said:

I liked the first Iron Man, but couldn't stand the second one. I'm hoping I'll enjoy Iron Man 3, though.

@NTM said:

I'm pretty sure that was Ben Kingsley, but yeah, I don't know what kind of accent that was.

It sounded like Pearce to me. Kingsley talks at 0:48, but stops right at 0:50, then just after it's Pearce. Actually, I don't know now, but I think it's Pearce.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#61  Edited By StarvingGamer

I wonder how Asian they're going to get with Kingsley. I'm all for new interpretations but Avengers was basically 5 white dudes, a white chick, and Fury. Then again I guess the villains have been German, Russian, and Alien so evil doesn't seem to be hurting for diversity.

But fuck man, he's the Mandarin! I hope there's gonna be some Fing Fang Foom.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Two things

1. I thought Thor was getting the first sequel? Why is there already a trailer for Iron Man?

2. Why don't the other Avengers help Tony Stark? Didn't Bruce Banner and him leave to work together? Now the Hulk is absent? =/

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ozzdog12

@Colourful_Hippie: They mention at the very beginning about how nothing has been the same since New York....my guess talking about The Avengers

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I think it was smart of hiring a new director for the flick. Big fan of Shane Black's previous work Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and can only think we will see the best from Robert Downey Jr, in this movie. I could not imagine replacing him with anyone except for maybe Burt Reynolds. FYI Burt Reynolds is Awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarvingGamer: making me want a good Power-Man movie.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#66  Edited By musubi

I still think he should have died in the Avengers. Would have made that entire movie better for it.

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By LastNinja

Loving the intensity of Kingsley and his voice. It's like a really subdued Chinese or Asian accent. Trailer looks super awesome.

And for the guy pleading for us to watch The Raid, seriously? That movie made me fall asleep about halfway through. Dredd is where it's at.

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FlarePhoenix

I think this is a trailer. It has probably shown us a few moments, taken out of context, accompanied by epic-sounding music to make scenes and pieces of dialogue sound more impressive than they will in the actual movie. I don't know if the movie will be good or bad; I just know to take trailers with a grain of salt.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By Hizang

@LastNinja said:

Loving the intensity of Kingsley and his voice. It's like a really subdued Chinese or Asian accent. Trailer looks super awesome.

And for the guy pleading for us to watch The Raid, seriously? That movie made me fall asleep about halfway through. Dredd is where it's at.

Judge Dredd is a fantastic movie, one of the best movies I have seen this year.

It's right up there with Cobra.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOW WITH MORE EMOTION

Would it be weird if I thought the first Iron Man was the worst movie ever?

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LastNinja

@Hizang said:

@LastNinja said:

Judge Dredd is a fantastic movie, one of the best movies I have seen this year.

It's right up there with Cobra.

Hoping for some of that Cobra magic with Bullet to the Head

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FlarePhoenix

When he says "Some people call me a terrorist" my mind immediately went to the song Space Cowboy (at least, I think that is what it is called).

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#73  Edited By bobafettjm

Well I have loved all of the Marvel movies that lead into the Avengers, and then Avengers as well so I am super pumped for this movie.

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Wesker411

@Mr_Misery said:

NOW WITH MORE EMOTION

No, it was pretty bad.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Mr_Misery

NOW WITH MORE EMOTION

It would mean you've seen no bad movies.
Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Rainbowkisses

Am I the only one who hears him say "teacherer" ?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By veektarius

I think Iron Man 1 was the pinnacle of the 90s-00s style superhero movie, an action movie with a light tone. I liked it better than subsequent marvel releases, though I generally find them entertaining.

But if you show me Iron Man, and then you show me Guy Pearce, and then you show me Ben Kingsley... well, someone did some focus testing on my clone.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#78  Edited By Hizang
@Veektarius

I think Iron Man 1 was the pinnacle of the 90s-00s style superhero movie, an action movie with a light tone. I liked it better than subsequent marvel releases, though I generally find them entertaining.

But if you show me Iron Man, and then you show me Guy Pearce, and then you show me Ben Kingsley... well, someone did some focus testing on my clone.

I think I enjoyed X-Men First Class more than the avengers or any of the start up movies. That totally had a 90's vibe to it.
mickymouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mickymouse

i cant wait for this movie man...waiting :D

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@NTM said:

Out of all of the Marvel movies, I'd say I really only (very much to my surprise) liked The Avengers. That was a great movie. I didn't really like any of the other Marvel movies. Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were the best, but not great, then Captain America, that was fair, and Thor, that was meh. Iron Man 2 was extremely forgettable. All I have for this is hope that it's good, and after The Avengers, I'm excited to see where these individual movies are headed, but because of not liking the other individual films, I'm not that excited.

Did the entire story of The Avengers pretty much feel like a rip off of Transformers (2006)

It was kind of a direct rip off of Transformers 3. Sky portal, aliens flooding in, last third of the movie action sequence. But I totally enjoyed the hell out of it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#81  Edited By Icemael

@Shaka999 said:

@MideonNViscera: lol, if only. To clarify, I meant that I hated all of the cheesy one-liners that's evident in recent disney action movies (See: Tron Legacy)

I thought it was perfectly appropriate. Cheesy one-liners (and just cheesy dialogue in general) have always been an essential part of Marvel comics. If anything the movie really toned the cheese down.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82  Edited By veektarius

@Hizang said:

I think I enjoyed X-Men First Class more than the avengers or any of the start up movies. That totally had a 90's vibe to it.

I agree that it falls into that category, but I wasn't that impressed with First Class. It's probably at the bottom of my list of recent releases... well, above Captain America, but that's it. I didn't see the new Spiderman.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#83  Edited By yevinorion

So that suit with the patriotic look, think that's War Machine? Or just Iron Man?

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jack268
@yevinorion: It's that Rhodes guy. They painted the suit he stole in 2. You can see his name is written on the left side of it.
fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By fetchfox

I like the dark path the movie seem to be going for. Tonys self reflection, nightmares. Love Roberts Tony, definitely looking forward to what is done with the character in the third installation (extremis and all).