• 72 results
#1 Posted by PercyChuggs (1087 posts) -

So I took my crap car in to get an oil change, and the grease monkeys found a small crack in some sort of thing, can't remember, but it didn't look good. Anyways, long story short, I've been looking to get a better car for a while now, and a local place has a 2002 Black PT Cruiser for 6K. My question to the community is, is the PT Cruiser considered a girls car? I'm a large man (6'5), so it seems like it would be big enough for me to fit behind, but would I be thought of as a girly man or even worse, a "gay", if I were to drive it? That "gay" remark was a joke by the way, so settle down homos (also a joke).

#2 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Sounds like the perfect car for you, Percy.

#3 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

If you have to ask, I imagine you'll never be completely comfortable with it so I'd advise against buying it.

#4 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

There is no such thing as a girl's car.

#5 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

sounds more like an old british couple car rather than a girls car

#6 Posted by Sarumarine (2181 posts) -

I had to take my driver's test in a PT Cruiser. The only thing I didn't like about it was the jacked up rear end. It makes backing up and navigating in reverse a pain in the ass. Especially if you have to go down a hill. If you had a problem with anything, that would be it. As for the question of masculinity, I would say it doesn't exist. The only thing I've heard surrounding the PT Cruiser is how trendy it was when it first came out. That's about it.

#7 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
@Binman88 said:
" If you have to ask, I imagine you'll never be completely comfortable with it so I'd advise against buying it. "

#8 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -

Its more like a Middle age womans car.

#9 Posted by tekmojo (2299 posts) -

PT Crapper was my nickname. For no real reason other than to piss off a friend.

#10 Posted by zolika (110 posts) -

No, it's just an ugly car :D

#11 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Wouldn't say so, but if you have any doubts in your own mind about its physical appearance it would be best not to buy it. Something that will last you for a few good years. Not a fan of the PT Cruisers looks personally but it ain't a Miata so don't really think its a girls car :p

#12 Posted by monkey523 (177 posts) -
Binman88 said:
" If you have to ask, I imagine you'll never be completely comfortable with it so I'd advise against buying it. "
this
#13 Posted by Euge (108 posts) -

It's not a girls car in the slightest, it is, however, a very love it or hate it car and most people hate it. A salesman at a company I worked for drove one and he was heterosexual. So much so he was bald.

#14 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -
@zolika said:
" No, it's just an ugly car :D "
This guy beat me to it.
#15 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

I wouldn't want to buy a PT Cruiser. So no, it isn't a girls car. 

#16 Posted by ChopperDave47 (78 posts) -
@PercyChuggs:

no, it's just a crap car in general. it doesn't matter who drives it.
#17 Posted by ChopperDave47 (78 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" There is no such thing as a girl's car. "
uh.. HELLO?

FORD MUSTANG?
LEXUS CONVERTIBLE THINGY?
ESCALADE? (nowadays)
every jeep ever?

and dude, the miata is in no way a girl's car. that thing is freaking hard core awesome. i have honestly never seen a girl driving one either.
#18 Posted by PeregrimFalcon (28 posts) -

PT Cruisers look like shit. I would rather drive a Gremlin.

#19 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Never buy a PT Cruiser...ever.

#20 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

A PT Cruiser is not a girl's car.

It's just a car that nobody in their right minds would ever drive. No offense if the design appeals to you; it's just stupid (in my opinion, obviously). If you like it go for it, but you could not pay me to drive a PT Cruiser (actually, you could >.>).
#21 Posted by Dethfish (3629 posts) -

I hope it's not a girls car because that's what I drive.

I agree with Sarumarine though. That jacked up back end makes going in reverse a pain in the ass. Trying to parallel park in that thing during my driving test was so nerve racking.

#22 Posted by Agnogenic_delete (1034 posts) -

They aren't very reliable. I wouldn't recommend one.

#23 Posted by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -

Every aspect about the PT Cruiser has been said already so what I'll say to you Percy is that you can find a much better car for 6 grand.

#24 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Girl's car, what a load. If it gets you from point A to point B, go for it. I mean, that is the point right?

#25 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

Meh not really, don't see the point of it though, there are better cars out there for similar cash.

#26 Posted by Nasar7 (2606 posts) -

Nobody, regardless of gender, should drive that pos.

#27 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

PT Cruisers are pretty cool looking, if and only if they are black.

#28 Posted by Akeldama (4238 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Never buy a PT Cruiser...ever. "
this 
#29 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

That is a car only fat people drive. I know. I SAW IT ALL! It was terrible... Don't get it unless your big/fat... I mean uh... Well I don't know if your fat so... Yeah. (Honestly I only see like Moms and Fat white people driving it.)

#30 Posted by Sabata (823 posts) -

Nah, PT Cruisers are just ugly cars. Now a VW Bug, THAT's a girl's car.

#31 Edited by Commando (1878 posts) -

Get a Dodge or a Jeep. Jeep Wranglers are cheaper than dirt right now.

Even Dodge Rams are cheap as hell.

They're cheap for the same reasons PT Cruisers are cheap: They're owned by Chrysler

#32 Posted by MrRedwine (429 posts) -

The PT cruiser gets crap gas mileage.  It can be girly, but you can butch it up with some bullet hole decals.

#33 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

Yes there is such a thing as a girl car.  For one, most white cars are girls cars.  Never buy a white convertible. Second, the only way that the car is not gay is if it is the one with the wooden panels.  If I were you, a tall guy, get a mid size sedan, for fusion, or go for an older For Escape, Honda CRV.  But no, dont get a PT cruiser.

#34 Posted by jakob187 (21644 posts) -

THIS...

...is a girl car.

PT Cruiser is perfectly acceptable.
#35 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3700 posts) -
@ChopperDave47 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
uh.. HELLO?FORD MUSTANG?LEXUS CONVERTIBLE THINGY?ESCALADE? (nowadays)every jeep ever?and dude, the miata is in no way a girl's car. that thing is freaking hard core awesome. i have honestly never seen a girl driving one either. "
Every Jeep ever is a girls car?
So back in WWII men were not allowed to drive the vehicle of choice?
#36 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -
@Binman88 said:
"If you have to ask, I imagine you'll never be completely comfortable with it so I'd advise against buying it."

#37 Posted by Robo_Zuul (43 posts) -

It's just a crappy car.

#38 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

Lol, I hate that car, but its not a girls car. I remember in like 4th grade we had this kid who loved that car, we used to call him "pt loser"

#39 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

Well there so such thing as a girl car...but I could see you getting ALOT of crap for driving it. I have a friend that does, and we all give him shit. So if you can take the crap, then get it. Its a quality car for a cheap price. 

#40 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

I never liked the PT Cruiser, I always hated it.
I currently have a C4 and a Toyota Hylux (I think in the US its called Tacoma)

#41 Posted by natetodamax (19176 posts) -

Yes

#42 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

It's a middle-aged woman car, don't let anyone tell you different. 

#43 Posted by DirtyFuture (73 posts) -

The PT Cruiser isn't a girl's car, its just a badly designed/ugly car. Get a Toyota if you want something that's well built and generally nice lookig

#44 Posted by PercyChuggs (1087 posts) -

Wow, 44 responses already.

#45 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -
@PercyChuggs said:
" Wow, 44 responses already. "
We know what we hate here at GB.
#46 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -

Hey, a car's a car (Unless you buy American). I mean, I own a Smart Car, and it's been working great for me every since.

#47 Posted by RoyaleWifCheese (546 posts) -

I would advise against buying anything Chrysler-branded at all. Reliability sucks and with the several thousand dealerships closing down, good luck getting it serviced.

#48 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -
@RoyaleWifCheese said:
" I would advise against buying anything Chrysler-branded at all. Reliability sucks and with the several thousand dealerships closing down, good luck getting it serviced. "
That's the same reason I'm looking to buy a Wrangler. I can do the maintenance myself. And they're cheap as dirt.
Reliability is not bad at all if it's before 2006. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram right now. 
I was mudding, rolled it off a cliff. It started right up after all that. Dodges and Jeeps are built like tanks. The worst problem it had before or after that, was the tires got dry-rot on them, and that has nothing to do with it being a Chrysler branded car. It has 175,000 miles on it now, and still no problems. They run forever.

#49 Posted by Nat3TheGreat13 (260 posts) -

No, A white Miata is a girls car

#50 Posted by ChopperDave47 (78 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" @ChopperDave47 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
uh.. HELLO?FORD MUSTANG?LEXUS CONVERTIBLE THINGY?ESCALADE? (nowadays)every jeep ever?and dude, the miata is in no way a girl's car. that thing is freaking hard core awesome. i have honestly never seen a girl driving one either. "
Every Jeep ever is a girls car?So back in WWII men were not allowed to drive the vehicle of choice? "
oh come on dude you know what i mean...