• 90 results
#1 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
#2 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Apple has finally acquired the rights to have the Beatles on iTunes. I personally have all the Beatles music I want through CDs, and have no need to download it. Thoughts?

#3 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6305 posts) -

Nope.

#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Was this seriously their big announcement that would make us "never forget" this day? Pffft.

#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Also, as a side note, the other bands/artists Apple don't have the rights to are AC/DC and "The most authentic man in Rock 'n Roll."

#6 Posted by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -

What is this "buying music" thing you speak of?

#7 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

No. I thought they were selling them already, actually.

#8 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Buy? Music? As in, for a reason other than supporting the artist (The Beatles don't need any more support)?
Give money to Apple?
Spend money on something that is not a service, but which I cannot physicaly hold? 

Hell
Fucking
No.

#9 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I hate the god damned beatles.

#10 Posted by zombie2011 (4989 posts) -

Not a big fan of The Beatles, so no.

#11 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I've never paid for music in my life. Don't see why I'll start now.

#12 Edited by Brontes_Muse (187 posts) -
@Jack268 said:

" Was this seriously their big announcement that would make us "never forget" this day? Pffft. "

It is actually a lyric from a paul mcartney song.  It was more or less a clue.  "Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget."  Is true about all tomorrows it's the beauty of the line.  

OT I will buy some, I lost my copy of the white album 4 years ago, and also wanted to always get help.  
#13 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@zombie2011 said:
" Not a big fan of The Beatles, so no. "
Me too, I was always more of a Stones guy. What little I like of the Beatles I was able to get off their "One" CD that my mom bought.
#14 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" What is this "buying music" thing you speak of? "
#15 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Nope, don't like The Beatles.

#16 Posted by Burzmali (452 posts) -

The only person I know that likes the Beatles enough to buy their music has already bought their CDs. And I showed her how to rip them, so she has no need to buy through iTunes. I can't imagine a true Beatles fan somehow not already owning most of their work.

#17 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

so is this the big announcement that they said today? umm i don't think it was that big. i don't have itunes so i won't. parents have their CD's so no point in buying them again.

#18 Posted by Lab392 (286 posts) -

They're already on Amazon, right? Who cares.

#19 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

No.

#20 Posted by The_Boots (86 posts) -

I don't hate many kinds of music. 
... But I hate the Beatles. A few of their songs are pretty good, but theres so much garbage they made that people seem to love.  
You know, I really think that's it: I probably would think they were *okay*, but the reverence people show them gets under my skin. I would never have *liked* the Beatles, but I wouldn't have despised them either.

#21 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -

I already have a heap of Beatles CDs, but to be honest I also never use iTunes. 

#22 Posted by MisterMouse (3560 posts) -

unfortunately I dont think this is the demographic that is really going to buy the Beatles on iTunes...

#23 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

I don't hate the Beatles, but I think they're overrated.  And I don't listen to their music by choice.

#24 Posted by SSully (4240 posts) -

Hell no. I already own all of their CDs, some of their records, and even rebought the remastered CDs. So i dont think its very nessercary. 

#25 Posted by nick_verissimo (1391 posts) -

I already own all of the Beatles music that I like, so nope.

#26 Posted by DougQuaid (1275 posts) -

Is there anyone that was clamoring to buy their music on iTunes?  Apple seriously needs to rethink what's 'news' and get over themselves.

#27 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1873 posts) -

I already have (had) my beatles music, so i don't need any more (although, since my external hard drive crashed, i'm gonna have to get Abbey Road back somehow...
#28 Posted by Little_Socrates (5684 posts) -

I'm a ridiculous Beatles fan, to the point where I feel that anyone who doesn't like The Beatles has only heard their most popular stuff and has missed out on their deeper material. Yes, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds has survived better than A Day In The Life in the public's consciousness (probably thanks to its appearance in Yellow Submarine,) but ADITL is a WAY better song.

#29 Posted by artofwar420 (6296 posts) -

I already have them. So no.

#30 Posted by Warchief (658 posts) -

nope because i care about sound quality 

#31 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Hahahaha -  

#32 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

I don't buy music.

#33 Posted by BrickRoad (704 posts) -

I think The Beatles are great. If I didn't already have their stuff on CD, I'd certainly go and buy it on CD and not itunes. Yeah.

#34 Posted by SuperSambo (2879 posts) -

Bought one of the songs so far, but I am really contemplating buying the £125 pack.

#35 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I have all the ones I want
#36 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

I don't even bother with iTunes, really, I'd just buy their huge album collection at Wal-mart or Best Buy or something.

#37 Posted by excido (200 posts) -

yea first I don't buy anything apple related or from apple/itunes, second while there is a small number of beatles songs I like I don't ever buy their music. I have been to a  paul mccartney concert at MSG and it was great but it's not really my kind of music.

#38 Posted by BeachThunder (12117 posts) -
@melcene said:
" I don't hate the Beatles, but I think they're overrated.  And I don't listen to their music by choice. "
Pretty much this =/
#39 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

Anyone who likes the Beatles (like me) already has all of their music. So no.

#40 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -

Bought the mono box set a long time ago (as well as the loose stereo albums that weren't included). No need for this.

#41 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I don't buy music off iTunes anymore. It's either the physical CD or Amazon MP3 (or downloading...you know what) for me.

#42 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5323 posts) -

Sure.

#43 Posted by OldGuy (1567 posts) -

Have the LPs. Got the first CDs. Upgraded to the Stereo and Mono box sets (and donated the older CDs) which have been ripped lossless to my library. So... no.

#44 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" What is this "buying music" thing you speak of? "
so true 
TC who says that he has all his music from CD's is probly just lying 
unless its only the beatles which is more plausible that he would have all their CD's
#45 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

Kinda wonder if they're too late at this point with selling this music that's been around for like 40 years.  Who was waiting for "the iTunes release" to get this music?

Also, as far as the significance of this, obviously it's not quite what Apple's hyperbole was suggesting.  At the same time, it's certainly worth noting given the history between Apple Records and Apple Computer.

#46 Posted by hunkaburningluv (568 posts) -

nope, already got the full anthology.

#47 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1738 posts) -

Nope. Anyone who cares about Beatles already have some form of media with the Beatles that they're comfortable with.

#48 Posted by FlipperDesert (2098 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" "The most authentic man in Rock 'n Roll." "
You mean Kid Rock? I just checked, they have Kid Rock on there. I think you meant Kid Rock, I've heard nobody's more authentic than him.

I already have just about all the Beatles' stuff on CD, but I think I might see if they have Day Tripper.
#49 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -
@Little_Socrates said:
" I'm a ridiculous Beatles fan, to the point where I feel that anyone who doesn't like The Beatles has only heard their most popular stuff and has missed out on their deeper material. Yes, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds has survived better than A Day In The Life in the public's consciousness (probably thanks to its appearance in Yellow Submarine,) but ADITL is a WAY better song. "
That would be true If I didn't used to wake up every sunday to Breakfast with The Beatles. It was a show that would air on a talk radio station that I used to fall asleep to. I just really think they are overrated. They play alright music but, then again, I am a huge blues fan so that might have something to do with it.
#50 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

I just don't like their music.