Is anyone else still watching Fringe? *Spoilers*

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By FreakAche

I'm thinking that the blueniverse is going to go down in flames. I wouldn't put anything past the Fringe writers at this point, no matter how crazy. I could easily see them killing off several of the main characters for the season finale. It makes sense when you consider how much they've been trying to make the characters in the red universe more and more likable.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

I stopped around season one or two. Shortly after that one dude dies. I just didn't like where the story was going, and I hate parallel time line stories.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FreakAche
@crusader8463 said:

" I stopped around season one or two. Shortly after that one dude dies. I just didn't like where the story was going, and I hate parallel time line stories. "

Interesting. I know most people, myself included, hold the opposite opinion: that the show got considerably better as it introduced the parallel universe and started to establish it's own mythology, rather than just staying in it's original "X-Files clone" territory. I'm curious about your opinion now. Which aspects of season one did you prefer over what they're doing with the show now?
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By crusader8463
@FreakAche: The show never really took off for me to be honest. The first few episodes did make it feel as if it was going to be an X-Files clone, but set in a world where crazy science stuff was possible, and that's what I wanted from the show. When it became learning about how their time line fit in with the alternate universe and the old guy slowly remembering things he did from his past life I just kind of lost interest because I wanted that monster of the week style show. I grew up watching stuff like X-files, The Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal and I was hoping that this would be a new one of those.

Even though the first few episodes kind of set it up to be something like that, I kept watching it for a handful of episodes after that just to give it a chance, but I never found myself caring for any of the characters. I found the old guys character interesting, but they kind of kept re-using him in the same way over and over again and it got old for me. His son started to grow on me some over time, but when they revealed the secret about him I just lost all interest in the character. No idea why, but I have always dislike characters with ties to alternate realities like that.

For me, the final straw with the show was when it started being all about those Bald guys, and how that company was tied with the alternate universe stuff. I just didn't find any of that interesting, and I think it was because I didn't care about any of the characters so I never really felt like learning about them was entertaining.

All of that said, I have been wanting to go back and give it a try again to see where it has all gone, but I just couldn't be bothered to do it yet. I simply keep finding other stuff to watch/play. I will probably wait until the series is over and just marathon watch it over some week or two.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Demyx

One of my favorite shows. And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. I feel like it won't be a simple as just one universe stop existing. Something else is gonna happen.

Avatar image for michaelfossbakk
michaelfossbakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By michaelfossbakk

This is my favorite show on TV right now. Season 3 has been dramatically better than the first two. I agree that people will most likely die. I could see either Peter or Olivia getting the axe, but it will most likely be Peter because there's a lot to Olivia (cortexiphan related, mostly) that needs to be told, but that guy from the blimp in the episode, "LSD," is supposedly going to kill her.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By KillyDarko

Every single week, never missed an episode!
It's a great show-- season one was actually the worst, as you could tell the series were still feeling the terrain and were not too focused on the main storyline yet :)

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By zidd
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By melcene
@crusader8463 said:
" The first few episodes did make it feel as if it was going to be an X-Files clone, but set in a world where crazy science stuff was possible, and that's what I wanted from the show. 
"
That's how my husband feels about the show too.  My daughter has become my Fringe buddy at home.

Anyway, this season has been incredibly exciting.  I also like that they have been humanizing the cast from Over There.  Two episodes left.  AAHHHH.
Watching Agent Broyles all tweaked out in the episode "LSD" was a trip.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By mjk1
Fringe has been renewed for another season so I don't think we will see an universe ending season finale. The whole Observer and First People story is still pretty vague so maybe that's the main plot for next season if we do have a apocalyptic type season finale. 
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Belonpopo

I stopped about half way through season one, after the time travel thing.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I watch it. Its been going in a direction I've not really liked this season but I'll going to see it though and hope for the best.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FreakAche
@Belonpopo said:
" I stopped about half way through season one, after the time travel thing. "
Wait, refresh my memory. When did they do time travel in the first season? I know there was definitely some time travel in season 2.
cheebaking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By cheebaking

For me its one of those shows I check up on every once and a while. After my 55 year old father told me last week that he downloaded fringe and saw bubbles from the wire in it, its certainly made me think I should check it up again. It also surprised me that my fathers discovered downloading torrents and the wire all on his own.
They grow up so fast.

Law313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Law313
Ive watched all the eps until season 3(which is why I refrained from reading comments) And yea, the show is easily the best network TV show. The mood, music, drama, cool(and in Walters case, lovable) characters.
HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By HydraHam

I was really into it but got bored through out this season i will probably wait till it's out on blu-ray and watch it over a weekend, i heard about some animated episode they did which is pretty ballsy and badass.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FreakAche
@Styl3s: Yep! The animated episode was great!
Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eaxis

I love Fringe. I also watch Supernatural.
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FreakAche

Peter is back! Huzzah!

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dany

Love the show. It is the only good sci-fi show that is on but that is not saying alot. It constantly goes between monster of the week to series arch storyline all the time, which is annoying. Just skip over the monster of the week or at least make it the B story to the A 'where is peter' storyline

This recent episode was really great. Loved it.

hesse555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

FRINGE had one thing x files and the rest didn't. Walter, family, and HEART!! I am now on my third viewing of all the seasons, and am still finding things. A truly remarkable series.