#1 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -
#2 Edited by jNerd (2011 posts) -

Sorry to boil it down so simplistically:

My argument is..... 
We where born & geneticaly developed to eat meat. 
It's part of a healthy diet. 
Not eating animals doesn't help in anyway or impact the economy. 
I think it's just psychological.  
I get not wanitng to eat animals.... but they're so delicious.
#3 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

It's very dumb, you need meat and vedgetables, not just one of them. I mean eatting only meat isn't a good idea either.

#4 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

No because it's a personal choice, and it doesn't hurt anyone. 
 
If you want to make that choice I don't think you're dumb.

#5 Edited by jNerd (2011 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

It's very dumb, you need meat and vedgetables, not just one of them. I mean eatting only meat isn't a good idea either.

"
Agreed, why would we have omnivorous teeth if not to be omnivorous. Lol
#6 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@jNerd: @HitmanAgent47: 
 I had a wet dream about you last night .... 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I pissed myself laughing when you fell of a cliff!
#7 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

anti-cannibalism doesn't equal fun.
#8 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" No because it's a personal choice, and it doesn't hurt anyone.  If you want to make that choice I don't think you're dumb. "
Personal choices can be dumb. You just don't think it's dumb because you don't want to offend someone.
#9 Edited by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

These threads ALWAYS end well.

#10 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

Yes, meat rocks! 
 
/thread

#11 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3070 posts) -

Yes, it is dumb. It is a personal choice. In my eyes it's a stupid personal choice.
  

  
See, there's this thing called the food chain...
#12 Posted by Shirogane (3569 posts) -

It depends on your reasons. If you just don't like meat itself, then sure, perfectly fine. 
If it really bothers you that much that you're eating an animal, ok, that's how you feel and we can't change that, just like how i can't change the fact that spiders freak me the hell out. 
 
But some other reasons are just stupid. 
Oh yeah, not all animals are delicious...*shudder*
#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

A.) If you're going for the moral standpoint, then yes, because either option involves killing things.
B.) This:
 

 
#14 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

It's not dumb, i don't think it helps anything but if someone wants to then i dont care.  Now if they try to start giving me crap then i get upset.
#15 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I don't have a problem with people who choose to be vegetarians, but I don't agree with it. We're human beings and animals, it's in our nature to eat other species.  That's just how life is. 

#16 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I don't really care if someone is or not, but personally life would be 100 times more dull if I couldn't eat sweet hamburgers.

#17 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@jNerd said:
" @DanielJW said:
" No because it's a personal choice, and it doesn't hurt anyone.  If you want to make that choice I don't think you're dumb. "
Personal choices can be dumb. You just don't think it's dumb because you don't want to offend someone. "
Yes personal choices can be dumb, but this one isn't. How are you hurting anyone by not eating meat? Personal choices are only stupid if they harm yourself or others.  
 
I don't care if I offend anyone or not. I think Red Dead Redemption looks like ass. 
#18 Edited by ZanzibarBreeze (3070 posts) -
@DanielJW said:

I don't care if I offend anyone or not. I think Red Dead Redemption looks like ass.  "


If there was a king of fools you would wear the crown. :)
#19 Posted by bhhawks78 (1203 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" @jNerd said:
" @DanielJW said:
" No because it's a personal choice, and it doesn't hurt anyone.  If you want to make that choice I don't think you're dumb. "
Personal choices can be dumb. You just don't think it's dumb because you don't want to offend someone. "
Yes personal choices can be dumb, but this one isn't. How are you hurting anyone by not eating meat? Personal choices are only stupid if they harm yourself or others.  
 
I don't care if I offend anyone or not. I think Red Dead Redemption looks like ass.  "
I think RDR looks awesome but I'm all for offending people, I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter if you have one, that is also very offensive.
#20 Posted by Term (83 posts) -

I wouldn't call it dumb, but it's kind of a pointless gesture. A random individual not eating meat doesn't save the lives of the livestock that have already been slaughtered or even those who would be slaughtered in the near future, it just means someone else ate their share of meat or that it went to waste. This is from a developed world standpoint, though.
 
Overall it's just personal preference. If people don't like eating meat, they don't have to, and vice versa.

#21 Posted by Pox22 (342 posts) -

I see both sides of the argument.  Meat is certainly tasty and healthy in moderation (though most people do eat WAY too much of it)...but it does require the killing of animals for nutrients that can be obtained through other sources, and the morality of something isn't logically defined by convenience or taste.
 
I eat meat, but I think about it a lot.

#22 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

I don't think it's dumb unless you're one of them PETA weirdos. Being a vegetarian has its benefits, but it's not for everyone as you can see that the hamburger forum is crazy popular.

#23 Posted by weegieanawrench (1937 posts) -

I really don't care what someone else's personal choice is. I however, NEED meat. It's just too delicious to give up. I even had a big ass t-bone steak tonight. And yes, it was fantastic.

#24 Posted by yani (413 posts) -

Pro-veggie arguement

  • Poor cute little animals
  • Health reasons
Pro-meat argument
  • Bacon
#25 Posted by AuthenticM (3715 posts) -

Yes, moving on.

#26 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Some say eating meat is a choice... but GOD made me this way. I like to go to delis and meet other meat eaters then take them back to my place and serve briquette. Barbeque sauce all over the place.
 
I'm a carnivore trapped in an omnivore's body! So sick of seeing all these closeted carnivores afraid to show their true selves.

#27 Posted by Trilogy (2648 posts) -

As long as a vegetarian doesn't push his or her bullshit on me then it isn't dumb.
 
I'm definitely not a hippie so I can't vote B

#28 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

I'm against vegetarianism, but I have to say the poll is fairly biased. A leading question followed by opinionated poll choices. 

#29 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

I can't answer the poll.  There needs to be a "idontgiveafuck" option.  
 
I don't care if you're a vegetarian.  Just don't call me a dick if I like to eat animals.

#30 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

It just means more burgers and durgers for the rest of us.

#31 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

these fucking vegetarian threads again

#32 Posted by LiquidPrince (15909 posts) -

It's stupid. But it doesn't hurt anyone, so whoever wants to be a vegetarian can go and be one.

#33 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Whats the difference between killing an animal to eat it and killing a plant to eat it. They are both alive, they are both grown/raised by farmers, and finally they are both harvested so people can eat them. Why is one wrong/bad/unacceptable, but the other is perfectly fine? Being a vegetarian really makes no sense in the end.

#34 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

Read a book called "The China Study"

#35 Posted by Chyro (353 posts) -

Who gives a shit?

#36 Posted by Dysnomia (689 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
" I can't answer the poll.  There needs to be a "idontgiveafuck" option.    I don't care if you're a vegetarian.  Just don't call me a dick if I like to eat animals. "
Couldn't say it any better.
#37 Posted by hai2u (322 posts) -

very dumb

#38 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Another thread created to promote hate, yay!

#39 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" It's stupid. But it doesn't hurt anyone, so whoever wants to be a vegetarian can go and be one. "
Babies that die or have their brain growth stunted due to malnutrition from their parent's strict diets suffer from vegetarianism. 
 
For instance (vegan parents, but you get the idea). 
 
Reminds me of the children that die from their parents' belief in faith healing. Personal choices can easily affect others close to you, so even something as seemingly harmless as vegetarianism should be looked at with a critical eye. 
#40 Posted by gamefreak9 (2358 posts) -

Actually eating meat is healthier, Asian's are shorter and less evolved than others because they weren't eating meat for 2000 years. Oh and also i'm not sure if it was Natural to eat meat in the first days of human kind, but the stomach could have adapted, either way, NOW we are good for eating meat.  
 
I can understand not liking the taste, but i mean, lots of kids don't eat their food when they are little, eventually you gotta grow up and absorb everything.  Oh and as is apparent by this poll, society has a pretty negative outlook on vegetarians, a chick might be able to get away with it but a guy who is vegetarian is automatically labeled as the zero male :P, and all those guys can get is the hippy chick, and the chick with the complex. 

#41 Posted by hai2u (322 posts) -
@gamefreak9:  when i see a guy vegetarian, i cant help but think he might be gay.
#42 Posted by mominshahab (31 posts) -

If you are a vegetarian then you disrespect mother nature and her system. 

#43 Posted by LiquidPrince (15909 posts) -
@Geno: Well that's kind of a given. If you're pregnant, the doctor tells you how you're supposed to adjust your diet. You can't be a vegetarian, just like how you can't smoke. Also, parents shouldn't force their children to be vegetarians either.
#44 Posted by Term (83 posts) -
@Geno said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" It's stupid. But it doesn't hurt anyone, so whoever wants to be a vegetarian can go and be one. "
Babies that die or have their brain growth stunted due to malnutrition from their parent's strict diets suffer from vegetarianism. 
 
For instance (vegan parents, but you get the idea).  Reminds me of the children that die from their parents' belief in faith healing. Personal choices can easily affect others close to you, so even something as seemingly harmless as vegetarianism should be looked at with a critical eye.  "
That's not hurting someone because of a personal choice, that's hurting someone because they're forcing their personal choice upon someone else. This makes it no longer a personal choice.  I realize there are some weird implications since it's a parent and child in those examples, but the general idea stands.
#45 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

what a stupid topic and poll....

#46 Posted by Constable_Wiggum (103 posts) -

A persons choices, so long as not impacting, preached about, or forced on others, isn't dumb.  What's dumb is denying someone the ability to have a choice, or belittling their choice when you have nor frame of reference for that person or their reasons. 
 
NOW JOIN MY CULT!!!!

#47 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

no, i don't think it is dumb to be vegetarian. i don't' think will be a vegetarian i enjoy eating meat.

#48 Posted by labam89 (311 posts) -

Its a personal choice, their decision isn't harming you in any significant way. Take your biased poll and shove it.

#49 Edited by MisterMollusk (399 posts) -

The animal's dead by the time I buy it. Not eating it won't save anything. 
 
If it's good enough for nature it's good enough for me. Plus you need iron to be healthy. 

#50 Posted by schizogony (976 posts) -

When people don't eat meat because they don't condone killing animals, then I disagree with it; animals are just things for humans to use.
 
If you don't wanna eat meat because you don't like meat, that's okay, I guess.