• 21 results
#1 Posted by warwicklax24 (11 posts) -

I'm in 11th grade and i am popular at my school. i play lacrosse, football and snowboard. My parents have made me stay in scouting ever since i was a little kid, and not very many of the people at school know this. Is being in boy scouts a good thing or should i get out before its too late?

#2 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -

Yes.

#3 Posted by Professor_Moon (18 posts) -

Stay in if you enjoy it, it doesn't matter what people think of you, but it won't help you get laid anytime soon.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

#5 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Boy Scouts is obviously for winners.

#6 Edited by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

FUCK NO!!!  Real men are Boy Scouts!!!  You learn how to use a knife, survive in the wilderness, build fires in effective ways...  I can't think of anything more manly than being a Boy Scout, let alone an EAGLE Scout!!! 

With that said, I was never in Boy Scouts...which sucks. 

@Professor_Moon said:

"it won't help you get laid anytime soon. "
BULLSHIT!  Chicks dig survivors!
#7 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -
@jakob187: Who doesn't know how to use a knife? You just point and shoot right?
#8 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @jakob187: Who doesn't know how to use a knife? You just point and shoot right? "
First you aim down the iron sights, dummy
#9 Posted by Gabriel (4061 posts) -

Dude on my football team was a scout, he started varsity on O-Line, great guy. 

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21643 posts) -

Losers of WEIGHT! HELL yep.

#11 Posted by Andrela (621 posts) -

You play lacrosse, you're manhood is already in question

#12 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@Andrela said:
" You play lacrosse, you're manhood is already in question "
Jim Brown played lacrosse.  Tell him what you just said here.

#13 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

Boy Scouts was a lot of fun when I got to hang out with friends, camp outside, etc. However, when we started having weekly meetings that amounted to nothing other than sitting around inside for a couple hours. Also, the further you get into it the more book work you have to complete, making it more and more uninteresting and boring. 

I left a couple years ago.

#14 Posted by Andrela (621 posts) -
@CitizenKane said: Okay then, Jim brown, you play a silly game with a french sounding name that is like hurling but really boring
#15 Posted by Spoonman671 (4636 posts) -

Stick with it if you enjoy it.  If somebody makes fun of you for then kidnap them and drop them off in the middle of the woods to fend for themselves.  Hopefully they'll pick up on the irony.

#16 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
@warwicklax24 said:
"and i am popular at my school."
Doubtful.
#17 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

Goddamn i miss Boy Scouts, (Eagle Scout) I miss all the fun and fucked up shit we used to do, (Snipe hunting with the new kids, blowing shit up with just bug spray and lighters, rocket campouts, caving, rafting, survival) now you got me all nostalgic! 

#18 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" @Andrela said:
" You play lacrosse, you're manhood is already in question "
Jim Brown played lacrosse.  Tell him what you just said here.

"
Jim Brown, you have jizz on the right side of your face.
#19 Posted by Daveyo520 (6756 posts) -

#20 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

No, but Lacross is for losers.

#21 Posted by Amilmitt (237 posts) -

up here in canada its just scouts, but then we have ventures for when your older then rovers for 18+. 
Stay in it, i have friends all over BC just from scouting. also from where i come from older rovers have setup camps for ventures called social camps. the biggest happenend right in
my town, over 600 people in one place, there was a different theme you could dress up for each year.
then they had otional activitys like a giant slip and slide, jello wrestling and a bunch of shenanigans. 
People might not understand, but scouting is the best thing to particitpate in ever, Plus all those years look GREAT on your resume. 
Trust me alot of employers were scouts once.

#22 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

If you've been in boy scouts since you were a kid, and don't know if it's for losers or not ... I don't know what to tell you, man. Who knows better than you? 

Also you're in grade 11. High School won't mean shit in a few short years. Do what you love. I can't tell you if what you love is being a scout or being popular.

#23 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

After age 11, yes.

#24 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

Meh, do whatever you want in life. 

#25 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -
#26 Posted by i69edUrGpa (586 posts) -

Do what you want in life but uuuh...don't be a gay hating fuck    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

#27 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@warwicklax24: being in the boyscouts may not be something to brag about, but if you are the kind of person to go on hikes and camping, etc. your group would love you for it. 
#28 Posted by warwicklax24 (11 posts) -
Vinchenzo do you have anything better to do then comment on everything i do? Why don't you just go jack off the that Asian girl you have a fetish for?
#29 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

it's meh, it depends on who you are i guess. i think eagle scouts is stupid thing to do. i only finished cub scouts it got uninteresting after that.

#30 Posted by Jemenez (274 posts) -

No, most grown men who said that they were in boy scouts for a long time were most of the time a nicer person, plus arrows and guns are cool

#31 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I don't know... but you sound like a tool, telling us how popular you are.

#32 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" After age 11, yes. "
#33 Posted by Cramsy (1168 posts) -

Yeah, I'd get out now. But if you enjoy it I can't stop ya 

#34 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

In the eleventh grade your parents really shouldn't be able to make you stay in boy scouts... If so that's just sad.

Anyway, the Boy Scouts hate gay people, which is sad.

#35 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

yes.

#36 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Stay in it if you are having fun, drop it if you aren't.

#37 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

Don't you get to become an eagle scout once you turn 18? That sounds so much more bad ass than wimpy boy scout. 

Either way if you are happy with what you are doing, then fuck the haters and be proud of it. That's what chicks really like.

#38 Edited by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I was in the Boy Scouts until I was 10 then I switched to the Army Cadet's. I prefer the Army Cadets.

Edit: Preferred the Cadets, I don't even do that any more.

#39 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" FUCK NO!!!  Real men are Boy Scouts!!!  You learn how to use a knife, survive in the wilderness, build fires in effective ways...  I can't think of anything more manly than being a Boy Scout, let alone an EAGLE Scout!!! 

With that said, I was never in Boy Scouts...which sucks. 

@Professor_Moon said:
"it won't help you get laid anytime soon. "
BULLSHIT!  Chicks dig survivors! "
i can think of something more manly. a man scout
#40 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I earned the rank of Eagle Scout. Boy Scouts really gives you a lot of opportunities for high adventure. Mountain climbing, rafting, canoeing, scuba diving etc.. I've had a chance to do it all thanks to Scouting.

People that make fun of Boy Scouts are lame.

#41 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

I was in it for a while as a kid, I hated it and quit.

#42 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

I'm a boy scout but I'm a loser but I'm a loser because I am one it has nothing to do with scouts.
#43 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

not in and of it self...untill you realize certain people in your troop are favored by others, including den mothers whom get them badages when they've done nothing.
Which was the story of my time in cut scouts then boyscouts...I would go to every meeting, all the trips do all the stuff..yet I noticed a few other people in my troop were getting badges faster then me and badges I wasn't getting even though I was doing the exact same activities as them.

I think about the time me and my dad were taking part in a log cutting contest at one of the meetings, they did not have the foresight to secure the peices of wood down, so me and dad did our best trying to cut a peice of wood that was constantly moving...then we both noticed the majority of people were over at the other table holding the fucking peice of wood down for the other father and son...
Oh and then there was the time I had to build a little basal wood boat, and I clearly and obviously won the race..yet didn't get the prize...I lost all interest at boyscouts at that point.

So  yes boyscouts is a very very bad organization filled with pedophiles and it teaches kids one inable fact...people will often get preferential treatment over you for reasons you often cannot discern.

#44 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" I earned the rank of Eagle Scout. Boy Scouts really gives you a lot of opportunities for high adventure. Mountain climbing, rafting, canoeing, scuba diving etc.. I've had a chance to do it all thanks to Scouting.  People that make fun of Boy Scouts are lame. "
if you have the money, just wanted to add that note, nearly every activity after boy scouts once you get into eagle scouts cost loads of money, that's another reason I stopped doing it once  I got my arrow of light and the next step was eagle scouts the majority of activities involved going on trips...and they wanted 1000's of dollars for said trips.
#46 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

Stick with it. Being committed to stuff like this for a long period of time looks great on a college application. After high school you'll be done with it.

#47 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

Fuck you.

#48 Edited by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

If you are say over 15, then yes, being a boy scout is straight up nerdy.  It seems like a cool thing to do when you are younger, but I have a feeling most of them sit in back yards and go camping once a year.   

#49 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
" I earned the rank of Eagle Scout. Boy Scouts really gives you a lot of opportunities for high adventure. Mountain climbing, rafting, canoeing, scuba diving etc.. I've had a chance to do it all thanks to Scouting.  People that make fun of Boy Scouts are lame. "
if you have the money, just wanted to add that note, nearly every activity after boy scouts once you get into eagle scouts cost loads of money, that's another reason I stopped doing it once  I got my arrow of light and the next step was eagle scouts the majority of activities involved going on trips...and they wanted 1000's of dollars for said trips. "
My troop offered a lot of services for fund raising. I raised enough money for trips that I could give other Scouts money for their part that needed it. 
#50 Posted by me3639 (1759 posts) -

Who cares what people on a web site thinks, the only people that will matter are those checking your resume for your future slave life. Get the Eagle and you will be rewarded.