Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was a boyscout throughout most of my childhood / teens, but yea i was a total loser too so take that for what you will.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@warwicklax24: Being an eagle scout can look good on a resume for anything involving military or security jobs.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Being an Eagle Scout is something to be proud of, keep working on it and fuck the haters.

@andrela said:

You play lacrosse, you're manhood is already in question

Yea, he should be more worried about turning into a lax bro.

Avatar image for prince_of_space
Prince_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, the Polish Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts engaged in guerrilla warfare against the Nazis, that's pretty badass right?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By zeforgotten

So here we are, two years later.
Are you still a boyscout? that is the real question-

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@warwicklax24:

I was a boy scout from 11 to 18. I got picked on and made fun of just like every other 15 to 18 year old that chooses to stay in scouting against all of society telling him how much of a loser he is for doing so. I'm now 24, and I'm going to be an eagle scout for the rest of life. I've gotten job interviews, job offers, letters of recommendation from US Senators, and I can network with every eagle scout in the world (pro tip: There are many hugely successful people that are eagle scouts). Trust me, it's definitely worth it.

Here's the big question. Are you willing to let go of your 17 year old self image and get your eagle? Why have all the time you've already put in be wasted because of people you'll never speak to again in 18 months?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I love it when random 2-year-old threads get bumped by new users who clearly had to seek out the topic in question.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Boy Scouts would have been more fun if it weren't for the fact that my local troop was populated mostly by assholes.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

yes it is for losers it fucking sucks you dont do anything fun that is supervised by them and then when you try to have fun by goofing off they yella t you ive almost punched the leader and have practically ran away from the meetings once i get outside it fucking sucked so bad. oh yea and they dont give a shit about you my friend was home sick on a camp out and the leaders wouldnt call his parents to pick him up so yes it is for losers

Seems like punctuation is also for losers.

Why the fuck do people seek these things out and bump them?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why the fuck do people seek these things out and bump them?

It was for a merit badge.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are in a troop with a good group of friends it can be a blast. Also It's fun to make firebombs out of paintcans, or my personal favorite, attaching a lighter to the end of a 5 foot commercial grade bug fumigater and shooting flames 20ft.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

We should make necrobumping a bannable offence.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@hidys said:

We should make necrobumping a bannable offence.

We should stop complaining about it.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I love it when random 2-year-old threads get bumped by new users who clearly had to seek out the topic in question.

*cough*

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#68  Edited By MormonWarrior

I'm an Eagle Scout and there were some cool experiences with that, but in Utah it's mostly tied to church activities for Mormon youth too so it's hard to avoid in that sense. I worked my butt off to finish that award but it hasn't done a lot for me. I dunno man, you'll be 18 soon so you'll be out anyway. If you enjoy it at all stick with it.

EDIT: Holy crap this is an old pointless thread. Oops. Who bumped this?

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course not.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By ajamafalous

yes

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@damian said:

Also you're in grade 11. High School won't mean shit in a few short years.

This is important for high school kids to understand.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e816891732d
deactivated-63e816891732d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sentiment that all Boy Scouts are anti-gay is a totally unfounded one. A lot of people within the organization supported, and continue to support the policy changes making it possible to bring this experience to anyone willing to partake in it.

As an Eagle Scout, I would have never been able to become as well-rounded as I am now through Scouting. Sure, the organization has issues, and there are micro-level problems in most troops (mine is mostly full of self-entitled kids with no restraint and the guys my age have all gotten too busy with other things to teach them a lesson,) but it still shows you how to and how not to act in the real world. I can definitely say I have learned a lot more about life in Scouting than I have learned at school. Also, staffing is a great thing to do if you want to take part in high adventure activities and get paid for it. I'm planning on applying for a job at Philmont or Northern Tier next summer, simply because I loved them so much.

Scouting is what you make of it, however. You have to really push yourself to enjoy the myriad of activities involved, rather than just getting the required merit badges and tasks for Eagle. I do agree that it may not mesh well with other activities, however. I didn't really start to love Scouting until I started high adventure stuff, which made me realize that for all its faults, Scouting is a program that brings great experiences to people around the globe.

I'm going to sound ultra cheesy when I say this, but what else that you've done when you were 16 can you put on your resume when you're 30?

Also, shameless plug for Scouts for Equality, an organization whose mission is to oppose the exclusive membership policies Scouting has adopted in the past. We still have to get adult leaders to be totally inclusive!

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone come over and teach me how to start a campfire with rocks.