#51 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@ck1nd "People seem to think that just because they support added rights that they are automatically justified in treating other people like shit"

I'm on my phone and can't properly quote that part, but what the hell does that even mean? Added rights? Basic human rights are not "added rights." and if somebody speaks out against ALL people having the same fucking rights in the year 2012 they deserve to get shit on.
#52 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

No, it is not that great. I would rank it above KFC for chicken, but it is far below Popeyes, which I consider the pinnacle of all fast food.

#53 Posted by phuzzybunny (171 posts) -

Fuck yeah Chick-Fil-A is damn good. The only problem is they're an hour away from me.

#54 Posted by gale (44 posts) -

Yeah, I find it sort of weird that people are making such a deal about the CEO saying something homophobic, when the much bigger problem of the company's profits being used to make large donations to anti-gay groups has been openly known for years. That's been a pretty good reason to refuse to eat there for a while, and I'm not sure why it matters that the CEO has personally confirmed that yes, he is indeed a dirtbag. Didn't we sorta know that already?

#55 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

@Daneian said:

I think the foods great but this quote from the CEO on CBSnews.com terrifies me.

Furthering his views on the radio program "The Ken Coleman Show" in June, Cathy said, "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say 'we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

@Butano said:

People aren't gonna know what to do when they ask the In-N-Out owner his view.....

Just read their cups, fry containers and bags.

My point exactly!

#56 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

I'm just going to post this here so people can have a little bit of their nonsense shoved back in their face. I do not support, nor do I oppose the gay-rights movement, but I will be enjoying my chicken sandwich like a sane person and not let some "supposed" common ideal make me feel bad for it. People seem to think that just because they support added rights that they are automatically justified in treating other people like shit. As I said, I am not for or against, but I do not deserve hatred for not making a choice when there are far more important things for me to voting and researching in 2012.

Also, this has been taken way out of proportion and is just being used as a tool to further some right or left wing agenda rather than prove any progress. I mean who fucking cares?

"Blah blah blah blah, I don't support civil rights but still want to look like the good guy."

Sorry buddy, no dice.

#57 Posted by kurtbro900 (117 posts) -

NOOOOO!!!!! I WAS LED TOO BELIEF IT TASTE GOOD BYE THE MEDIA BUT BIGOTRY TASTE BAD!!!!!!!!

#58 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -

I've never been there, and given the owner's stance on gay marriage and the knowledge of where this hypothetical money may go, I never will. I'm better off without fast food anyway so I don't feel too bad.

#59 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@ck1nd: What if the company made donations to the KKK, would you also "not care either way"?

#60 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

If only people knew the political stances all the other companies that make their everyday use products....we do love our double standards though.

I've never had any, but Brad keeps raving about it. Next time I visit the US I'll try to get me some. That and some Portilo's if I can.

no no, brad raves about bojangles or something

#61 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Never eaten at Chick-Fil-A, but this whole gay marriage scandal thing hasn't really hurt my opinions of the company, at all. Since when did merely opposing gay marriage means someone hates gays? While I agree that the Bible's definition of marriage doesn't have much relevance to a government's definition of marriage, why is it that not supporting gay marriage automatically makes you a bigoted, unfeeling piece of garbage?

#62 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -

@Red said:

Never eaten at Chick-Fil-A, but this whole gay marriage scandal thing hasn't really hurt my opinions of the company, at all. Since when did merely opposing gay marriage means someone hates gays? While I agree that the Bible's definition of marriage doesn't have much relevance to a government's definition of marriage, why is it that not supporting gay marriage automatically makes you a bigoted, unfeeling piece of garbage?

because they don't think gays deserve equal rights? It's not that hard to figure out.

#63 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1170 posts) -

I used to eat there a lot when I was getting my Associate's and I thought it was ok chicken. It's good fast food chicken I guess but you aren't missing anything.

#64 Posted by Berserker976 (322 posts) -

@Red: I can't speak for everyone, but the way I see it, wanting to deny anyone rights based on their sexual orientation is inherently kind of gross.

#65 Edited by yoshisaur (2609 posts) -

@Meowshi: I never said anything about looking like the good guy, so nice little witty retort there. However, I did mention that I don't actively partake in this one instance and hate that I am expected to. I have other things that I take part of it and it gets irritating for zealots to treat me like hell because I don't choose to be on their side. I'm mentioning both sides here, by the way.

@CL60: I'm saying you do not preach "tolerance" with "intolerance." We have this sort of mentality in the states (maybe elsewhere, I don't know) where if you support an idea, it's okay to berate another person for having an opposite opinion. The irony of it all just gets under my skin, because you are no better than the person you are attacking when you sink to their level.

Much like Meowshi's comment, and the downfall of our political system, is that everyone only believes in absolutes. You either are "for it" or "against it," and that is nonsense. It's getting to the point where both sides are committing to collateral damage because they are too blind to see supporters of their cause when the colours don't exactly match. I just wish that the common people could understand that you do not truly understand your belief until you understand the opposite. A "walk in the others shoes" kind of mentality.

#66 Posted by Gerhabio (1975 posts) -

I've gone there 3 times, asked for something different everytime, asked people who love it what to get. Still, I don't get the hype for this place. Their chicken is not radically different from that of other fastfood chains. It's very unexceptional, even mediocre, in my opinion. I have the same feelings about In-N-Out (a burger joint only found in California with as many fans). People swear by it but its appeal escapes me. If anything it tastes domestic, like it was made in someone's backyard with a propane tank.

#67 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Red

Would you also feel this way if it were illegal for black people to get married?

It's about having equal rights and it's bullshit that not everybody has basic rights like marriage.
#68 Posted by bybeach (4703 posts) -

I do pollo Loco. They have great chicken burrittos, and it is a damn sight more healthy for you. Kentucky fried is simply gross, I oven bake chicken at home with better results. As fo that chick0fil or whatever...sounds like white-bread chicken......

#69 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@ck1nd "@CL60: I'm saying you do not preach "tolerance" with "intolerance." We have this sort of mentality in the states (maybe elsewhere, I don't know) where if you support an idea, it's okay to berate another person for having an opposite opinion. The irony of it all just gets under my skin."

But here's the thing, your "opinion" is straight up wrong and deserves to be berated if it is directly supporting not everybody having the same rights. When you go around preaching hatred against groups of people, don't fucking dare go around yelling "you're being intolerant of my opinion!" don't play victim when you're the one being a bigoted idiot.(not talking about you specifically when I say "you". Talking about the people who hate.)
#70 Posted by PenguinDust (12442 posts) -

Of all the fast food joints, they've got the best chicken sandwich, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. There are better places in every town to buy lunch if you look beyond the nationally recognized chains. If you're looking for a chicken sandwich, it's better to try a locally owned spot and support small business. I watch these shows like Diners Drive-Ins and Dives and The Best Sandwich in the World and there's a lot of great food served up by independent eateries that deserve our attention. I don't care about Chick-fil-a or there political positions, I just believe it's important to sample regional tastes.

#71 Edited by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@Dagbiker: Well of course that's what they say, they still want some people to buy their product, doesn't make there owner any less of a close minded religious dickhat.

It's a pretty fucking good chicken sandwich. Definitely the best option fast food wise, in my opinion.

Yes, but the owner is not the company.

The company donates millions of dollars to anti-gay hate organizations such as Exodus International, so the money you spend at Chick Fil A is all indirectly supporting bigotry. Of course their PR is going to say they're all tolerant and happy-happy! Are you that much of a sap that you think they're nice guys because they'll still take gay people's money?

#72 Edited by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Jumbs: The company isn't bigotry. It is all blown out of porportion. This is from Chick-fil-A's own website

Chick-fil-A is a family-owned and family-led company serving the communities in which it operates. From the day Truett Cathy started the company, he began applying biblically-based principles to managing his business. For example, we believe that closing on Sundays, operating debt-free and devoting a percentage of our profits back to our communities are what make us a stronger company and Chick-fil-A family.
The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our Restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect –regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.Our mission is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/FAQ#?category=1

The company is GETTING OUT of the bigotry. Through the WinShape Foundation, which is Chick-Fil-A...not the Cathy family personally...that donates money to organizations like Exodus International and Family Research Center, they sent a clear message for a LOOOONG time that they were bigots.

Now they say "we're gonna leave the political debate up to the government and shit because you guys might stop eating our food and we don't want to be called bigots".

I don't have a problem with a company having their own PERSONAL beliefs. It's America. They have the right to believe that cows are the fucking devil if they want. However, once you accept money from gay people, then funnel said money through a foundation towards Exodus International, it's not just bigotry - it's just plain fucked up.

Besides, I prefer Raising Cane's. The only reason I ever went to Chick-Fil-A was for the waffle fries.

#73 Posted by yoshisaur (2609 posts) -

@Vodun: Comparing the KKK to anti-homosexual marital rights is a bit far-fetched, but whatever. If that were the case, then no. If the people eating at Chick-fil-A were ignorant enough to not understand the Christian influences in the company, then so be it. However, knowing this already - and being a Catholic myself - I knew their point of view on this type of matter already before they made mention of it and made my opinion long ago. If I'm going to say I'm neutral, then I will be neutral. On the other hand, Chick-fil-A supporting an organization that is completely obscure to any part of their beliefs, than yes.

I cannot, and will not, find myself in a hypocritical shell calling everyone who does not believe in gay-marriage wrong; nor will I do it for those that support it. People seem to forget that "rights" are a double-edged sword and there is no absolute "right" or "wrong."

#74 Posted by Getz (2986 posts) -

Their chicken is pretty damn good, and if you get the waffle fries hot then they're pretty good too. The Polynesian sauce is the key, you gotta get some of that with your fries. The food is cheap and easy and when you've been on the road for 4 hours straight then Chick-Fil-A is a sight for sore eyes. It's not worth going out of your way to get though, obviously you can do a lot better than that for fried chicken, especially if you live in the south. At the end of the day, it still is fast food...

#75 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

@Red said:

It's not about the gay marriage thing entirely. Again, they donate to a foundation like Exodus International, which is one of those "pray the gay away" camps essentially. They are not just anti-gay marriage. They are flat-out anti-gay...period. While I understand that it falls in like with the Cathy's personal viewpoints, they used the WinShape Foundation as a way to funnel money through Chick-Fil-A to these different institutions and foundations that are incredibly anti-LGBT.

#76 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -

Yeah, it's not very good. Plus there's all the hate and discrimination and all that.

#77 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

@Vodun: Comparing the KKK to anti-homosexual marital rights is a bit far-fetched, but whatever. If that were the case, then no. If the people eating at Chick-fil-A were ignorant enough to not understand the Christian influences in the company, then so be it. However, knowing this already - and being a Catholic myself - I knew their point of view on this type of matter already before they made mention of it and made my opinion long ago. If I'm going to say I'm neutral, then I will be neutral. On the other hand, Chick-fil-A supporting an organization that is completely obscure to any part of their beliefs, than yes.

I cannot, and will not, find myself in a hypocritical shell calling everyone who does not believe in gay-marriage wrong; nor will I do it for those that support it. People seem to forget that "rights" are a double-edged sword and there is no absolute "right" or "wrong."

It's not at all far-fetched to say that an organization which supports laws banning homosexuality under penalty of death is like the KKK, which is exactly what Exodus International has done in Uganda, in addition to their policy of psychologically traumatizing thousands of people in America with their "conversion therapy". There is absolute right and wrong and you're on the wrong side. You would never argue in favor of moral relativism if it was your ass on the line, so stop being a bullshitter and stop sticking up for hate and discrimination likes it's just a different-but-valid opinion.

#78 Edited by Brackynews (4039 posts) -

@Red: Because that's what the word bigot means. It comes from French along with hypocrite.

A person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

If you oppose (not ambivalence, opposition) the rights of a group to do things that your group can do -- whether that is by category of race, gender, or sexuality -- you have hypocritical prejudices, and can be labeled a bigot. My mother grew up in a world where women weren't expected (read: discouraged in every societal way) to go to university. My father grew up seeing the civil rights movement happen on TV. Our generation has sexuality prejudice to overcome, and by the way, all the same old stuff that people are still racist and misogynistic about.

#79 Edited by believer258 (11565 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Vinny_Says said:

If only people knew the political stances all the other companies that make their everyday use products....we do love our double standards though.

I've never had any, but Brad keeps raving about it. Next time I visit the US I'll try to get me some. That and some Portilo's if I can.

no no, brad raves about bojangles or something

Bojangle's and Chik-Fil-A are about the same. Good fast food, but nothing more than fast food.

Also, I found it insane when I learned that Bojangle's and Chik-Fil-A's aren't spread out all across America. There's pretty much one in every little town in this rural North Carolina county that I live in; no one lives more than twenty minutes from a Bojangle's or Chik-Fil-A.

EDIT: Oh, wait - actually eating at Chik-Fil-A? Yeah, I have. I haven't paid much attention to this whole "gay rights" scandal, and someone might be outraged that I'm going to say this, but I don't care.

I really don't care when the shirts you guys are wearing and the computers you guys are typing on were made in sweat shops in countries where poor people get paid less than a dollar a day to live in shacks and piss in buckets. Think about that one before yelling about the rights to stick your dick wherever you want to. Is what the Chik-Fil-A guy said wrong? Yeah. But it's hardly as bad as some other things everyone in this thread has spent money on.

#80 Edited by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

@Meowshi: I never said anything about looking like the good guy, so nice little witty retort there. However, I did mention that I don't actively partake in this one instance and hate that I am expected to. I have other things that I take part of it and it gets irritating for zealots to treat me like hell because I don't choose to be on their side. I'm mentioning both sides here, by the way.

@CL60: I'm saying you do not preach "tolerance" with "intolerance." We have this sort of mentality in the states (maybe elsewhere, I don't know) where if you support an idea, it's okay to berate another person for having an opposite opinion. The irony of it all just gets under my skin, because you are no better than the person you are attacking when you sink to their level.

Much like Meowshi's comment, and the downfall of our political system, is that everyone only believes in absolutes. You either are "for it" or "against it," and that is nonsense. It's getting to the point where both sides are committing to collateral damage because they are too blind to see supporters of their cause when the colours don't exactly match. I just wish that the common people could understand that you do not truly understand your belief until you understand the opposite. A "walk in the others shoes" kind of mentality.

I know exactly what you're doing. You're attempting to straddle the fence. You don't want to be seen as having an opinion either way, but you do want to waste your time condemning those who do. The problem here is that you aren't actually being neutral. Once you say that you do not care about or support equal rights, then you will and should be lumped in with those who actively oppose them. You are part of the problem, and that's just how it is. I'd suggest dealing with it.

Also, kindly drop the "I have so many other political issues to focus on" nonsense. It's just a way of deflecting the fact that you don't want admit that your position is unpopular. Adults are capable of caring about a multitude of issues facing the country, and I'm not going to sit here and watch you pretend like it's impossible. I don't need to walk in the shoes of bigots to understand anything.

#81 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@chrissedoff said:

@ck1nd said:

It's not at all far-fetched to say that an organization which supports laws banning homosexuality under penalty of death is like the KKK, which is exactly what Exodus International has done in Uganda, in addition to their policy of psychologically traumatizing thousands of people in America with their "conversion therapy". There is absolute right and wrong and you're on the wrong side. You would never argue in favor of moral relativism if it was your ass on the line, so stop being a bullshitter and stop sticking up for hate and discrimination likes it's just a different-but-valid opinion.

Exactly. The reason I chose the KKK is to try to make you see how fucked up this is since most normal people these days have a hard time arguing against the rights of blacks...just replace "gays" with "blacks" and see if your ideals still stand. Like for example this lovely little story that just came out: http://www.abpnews.com/culture/social-issues/item/7658-church-refuses-to-marry-black-couple

Or are you neutral towards that as well?

#82 Posted by yoshisaur (2609 posts) -

@Vodun: My "neutrality" is that everyone deserves their fair shot at everything. This "equality" favours both sides to every party. I think this whole nonsense with martial rights is absolutely disgusting and needs to get over with so we can move onto something that hasn't been blown out of proportion to further our deflections on things actually affecting the survivability of this country. Fuck it, seriously. I support Gay-rights and I will vote for that measure when the time comes that Pennsylvania has that kind of action. My whole part in this is to show people that they need to stop being ignorant and thinking everything in this god-damn world is "Black and white."

#83 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@ck1nd

@Vodun: My "neutrality" is that everyone deserves their fair shot at everything. This "equality" favours both sides to every party. I think this whole nonsense with martial rights is absolutely disgusting and needs to get over with so we can move onto something that hasn't been blown out of proportion to further our deflections on things actually affecting the survivability of this country. Fuck it, seriously. I support Gay-rights and I will vote for that measure when the time comes that Pennsylvania has that kind of action. My whole part in this is to show people that they need to stop being ignorant and thinking everything in this god-damn world is "Black and white."

Except it is black and white when it comes to a groups rights.

Women having no rights - black and white. One side was wrong, one was right

Slavery - black and white(no pun intended) one side was clearly VERY wrong and the other was VERY right

Gay rights - again, one side is wrong and one side is right

It's not ignorant to want everybody to be equal and condemn people who think groups of people should not be equal to everybody else.
#84 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

My only point was that neutrality only ever helps the oppressors, never the victims; and that's why it's so annoying always having people come into these threads and go, "Gosh can't we talk about something important."

#85 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Just realized I never actually answered the OP's question.

Yes, there chicken is quite good. It's one of the reasons I got so fat in college. I don't really eat much chicken though, so I don't have much to compare it to.

#86 Posted by DukesT3 (1888 posts) -

For fast food chicken sandwich with a drive thru, its a hell of a lot better than say mcdonalds or BK. If I'm craving something different I usually go for it, plus the lemonade is pretty fucking good. The whole political crap is pretty dumb cause what did people expect? The place is closed on Sundays and they even put a sign explaining why.

#87 Posted by Tobiass (150 posts) -

no

#88 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@LooseChange said:

For fast food chicken sandwich with a drive thru, its a hell of a lot better than say mcdonalds or BK. If I'm craving something different I usually go for it, plus the lemonade is pretty fucking good. The whole political crap is pretty dumb cause what did people expect? The place is closed on Sundays and they even put a sign explaining why.

That makes it okay?

#89 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3535 posts) -

Such heated discussion here. I hope this will lighten the mood a little.

#90 Posted by yoshisaur (2609 posts) -

@CL60: I never said it was ignorant to not be on one side of the other. I am telling you that the way this all be handled by both parties is absolutely horrendous and barbaric.

@Meowshi: Honestly, if all you got from what I've been saying is "let's move onto something more important" than I apologize for not putting my real points across acutely. As I replied to CL60, I am all but tired of seeing the de-humanization of separate parties in this country. It seems that we have gotten to the point where when the other person (regardless of their opinion or subject) does not agree with you, they are no longer worth your time or decent treatment, so "fuck them." I do not give two-shits whether or not the person is supporting an idea that is outright "wrong," we are all subject to support of things that harm others and are hypocrites for it. Yet, we do not burden that responsibility, we just shove our ideals down others throats and chastise them for being different.

That kind of mentality is the reason both parties are getting nowhere when honestly, this should have been solved 10 years ago.

#91 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Chik-Fil-A is fucking awesome, and I will fistfight anybody who says anything different.

But really, their chicken is awesome, their fries are damn good and their milkshakes are heavenly.

#92 Posted by agentboolen (1749 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Jumbs: The company isn't bigotry. It is all blown out of porportion. This is from Chick-fil-A's own website

Chick-fil-A is a family-owned and family-led company serving the communities in which it operates. From the day Truett Cathy started the company, he began applying biblically-based principles to managing his business. For example, we believe that closing on Sundays, operating debt-free and devoting a percentage of our profits back to our communities are what make us a stronger company and Chick-fil-A family.
The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our Restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect –regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.Our mission is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/FAQ#?category=1

But there site says there a franchise, so I would think other locations can run it there way. I wonder if all of them are actually closed on Sunday, seems like trying to get other locations would be a bit difficult, if the owner has to play by those rules.

#93 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

Political stance or not, if I need a damn chicken sandwich I'm getting a damn chicken sandwich from chick Fil a

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

...and finally:

"First they came for the communists,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me."

Martin Niemoller

#94 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

This dude has the right idea, fuck what the ceo thinks, is anyone surprised that the dude who closes all of his restaurants on Sundays is against gay marriage? At least dude is honest. I disagree with everything he said but the so do most employers and managers of a lot of Chick-Fil-A's, some even came out with a statement saying so.

#95 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

@chrissedoff said:

@ck1nd said:

Constant comparisons to Nazis and the KKK leads to desensitization and misunderstanding of past horrors. People seem unable to mount an argument without bringing one of these two groups into it. These anti-gay groups are NOTHING like the KKK. Just stop, it's boarder-line offensive to use such a dark time in history to one up someone in an argument.

#96 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -

@addictedtopinescent:

It's not the CEO's statements that are the real problem, thought they didn't help. Chick-fil-a donates 2 million dollars a year split between multiple anti-lgbt groups.

#97 Posted by Brendan (7668 posts) -

I tried it once when I visited the states. Its fast food chicken. For people who spend much of their lives eating fast food I'm sure its zomg amazeballs, but it ain't that high quality when comparing it against the rest of the food world.

#98 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@ManMadeGod said:

@chrissedoff said:

@ck1nd said:

Constant comparisons to Nazis and the KKK leads to desensitization and misunderstanding of past horrors. People seem unable to mount an argument without bringing one of these two groups into it. These anti-gay groups are NOTHING like the KKK. Just stop, it's boarder-line offensive to use such a dark time in history to one up someone in an argument.

Yeah, sorry...they don't openly want them dead. Just not to have the same rights as the ones who live the right way. Jim Crow a more appropriate simile then?

#99 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3535 posts) -

I found this to be an interesting wrinkle in the argument over rights. Apparently, the Mayor of Chicago and the mayor of San Francisco both publicly stated their desire to deny Chick-Fil-A the right to do business in their cites.

As taken from the companies Wikipeda page:

Chicago alderman Proco "Joe" Moreno announced his determination to block Chick-fil-A's bid to build a second store in the city: "They'd have to do a complete 180," Moreno said in outlining conditions under which he would retract the block. "They'd have to work with LGBT groups in terms of hiring, and there would have to be a public apology from [Cathy]."

San Francisco's mayor went so far as to tweet "Closest #ChickFilA to San Francisco is 40 miles away & I strongly recommend that they not try to come any closer."

And again, from Wikipeda:

The proposed bans in Boston and Chicago drew criticism from liberal pundits, legal experts and the American Civil Liberties Union. Kevin Drum of Mother Jones magazine said "[T]here's really no excuse for Emanuel's and Menino's actions... you don't hand out business licenses based on whether you agree with the political views of the executives. Not in America, anyway." UCLA law professor and blogger Eugene Volokh observed, "[D]enying a private business permits because of such speech by its owner is a blatant First Amendment violation." Echoing those views were Glenn Greenwald of Salon, professor John Turley of George Washington University, and Adam Schwartz, a senior attorney with the ACLU.
#100 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4882 posts) -

I've never had it, but I can't imagine it is better than Chicken Littles were. (RIP)