Is Chick-Fil-A really that great?

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By dungbootle

I guess it's pretty good? Haven't had it in a few years and not planning to go there again anytime soon.

Avatar image for verticalstripes
verticalstripes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By verticalstripes

I find all the people saying that they won't ever eat at Chick-fil-A ever again because of this whole "controversy" hilarious. So what if you disagree with their stances on certain topics? I go there to get awesome chicken, not to talk politics and morals. Practically every company is gonna have people you disagree with on some topic if you bother to search. What they said was blown hugely out of proportion anyways. They don't discriminate against costumers or employees for their beliefs, they just personally don't believe in gay marriage, which is a huge shocker coming from a Christian company. It's not like they were actively campaigning against gay marriage, they were just stating their stance. I hate how everyone is so easily offended and ready to freak out nowadays, it's ridiculous.

Edit: Never actually answered the question haha. Their chicken and milkshakes are awesome. Wish they had more variety in the menu, but what they have is great.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By mitsuko_souma

@verticalstripes:

The silver lining is that next time you or I go to chick-fil-a for a tasty chicken sandwich, we won't have to wait in line behind all the people overreacting to this :)

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#154  Edited By CL60

@happyfatman said:

I am absolutely dumbfounded that some people are unable to distinguish between bigotry and... not. The CEO of Chick-fil-A said he is personally against same-sex marriage. This does not mean that he hates gay people, he just happens to believe that the institution we call "marriage" should be reserved solely for the joining of two people of the opposite sex, nothing more. One can be opposed to gay marriage, and not be a bigot. Shocking as it may seem, it is possible, and really in my experience, that's the norm. I have yet to meet one person who is opposed to gay marriage and also claims to genuinely hate gay people. Opposing gay marriage is not bigotry... that's the point I'm attempting to make here.

@mitsuko_souma said:

@verticalstripes:

The silver lining is that next time you or I go to chick-fil-a for a tasty chicken sandwich, we won't have to wait in line behind all the people overreacting to this :)

@verticalstripes said:

I find all the people saying that they won't ever eat at Chick-fil-A ever again because of this whole "controversy" hilarious. So what if you disagree with their stances on certain topics? I go there to get awesome chicken, not to talk politics and morals. Practically every company is gonna have people you disagree with on some topic if you bother to search. What they said was blown hugely out of proportion anyways. They don't discriminate against costumers or employees for their beliefs, they just personally don't believe in gay marriage, which is a huge shocker coming from a Christian company. It's not like they were actively campaigning against gay marriage, they were just stating their stance. I hate how everyone is so easily offended and ready to freak out nowadays, it's ridiculous.

People like you are missing the fact a lot of people have made as to why they aren't going there anymore. THEY DONATE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO ANTI-GAY GROUPS.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#155  Edited By TheKing

@Dany said:

Never had it, doubt I will ever now.

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Synaptic

it's pretty good, the spicy one is the ebst.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By mitsuko_souma

@CL60 said:

People like you are missing the fact a lot of people have made as to why they aren't going there anymore. THEY DONATE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO ANTI-GAY GROUPS.

False. Being anti-gay marriage is not even close to being the same thing as anti-gay. Try again.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Raethen

@mitsuko_souma said:

@CL60 said:

False. Being anti-gay marriage is not even close to being the same thing as anti-gay. Try again.

It is not just anti-marriage equality groups. This site breaks down their donations.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By CL60

@mitsuko_souma said:

@CL60 said:

Can you not read? THEY DONATE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO ANTI-GAY GROUPS. Let's see here. Some money to a group called "Exodus International." A group 100% anti-gay. They say they can "cure" your gay, and 2 million to numerous other anti-gay groups.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By mitsuko_souma

@Raethen said:

@mitsuko_souma said:

@CL60 said:

It is not just anti-marriage equality groups. This site breaks down their donations.

Oh right, because a website dedicated to full gay marriage rights doesn't have an agenda at all. Sorry if I take the info from that link with a grain of salt.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By CL60

@mitsuko_souma said:

@Raethen said:

@mitsuko_souma said:

@CL60 said:

Oh right, because a website dedicated to full gay marriage rights doesn't have an agenda at all. Sorry if I take the info from that link with a grain of salt.

Apparently wanting equality = having an agenda.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Raethen

@mitsuko_souma:

Yes, there is an agenda to that site. But it is still the best break down of where the donations went and what the groups getting the donations stand for.

If you would like to look at the document yourself you can go here and then go to page 29 to see their contributions.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By CL60

@Flawed_System said:

They don't have Chick-Fil-A's where I live. I feel as if the term 'bigotry' is no longer applied properly. Everyone's a 'bigot' these days.

I'm really sick of this BS.

"'Bigotry' is the state of mind of a "bigot", a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance" Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including age, disability, dissension from popular opinions, economic status, ethnicity, gender identity, language, nationality, personal habits, political alignment, race, region, religious or spiritual belief, sex, or sexual orientation."

Pretty sure supporting the causes and donating millions of dollars to anti-gay groups that claim to "cure" gay people and to "pray the gay away." fits the definition of bigotry.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Raethen: How dare you post a website that has the terrible agenda of equal rights!

But seriously, fuck Chick-Fil-A.

There is never, ever a good argument against equality.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By dichemstys

I live in a pocket of Ohio where further north there are lots of Chick-Fil-A's, and further south there are too. But there aren't any here.

It IS that good, though.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Raethen

@CrossTheAtlantic:

I know. I'm a horrible, horrible, person.

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Flawed_System

@CL60 said:

@Flawed_System said:

They don't have Chick-Fil-A's where I live. I feel as if the term 'bigotry' is no longer applied properly. Everyone's a 'bigot' these days.

"'Bigotry' is the state of mind of a "bigot", a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance" Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including age, disability, 1). dissension from popular opinions, economic status, ethnicity, gender identity, language, nationality, personal habits, political alignment, race, region, 2). religious or spiritual belief, sex, or sexual orientation."

Pretty sure supporting the causes and donating millions of dollars to anti-gay groups that claim to "cure" gay people and to "pray the gay away." fits the definition of bigotry.

Technically by that definition people who are against Chick-Fil-A's views are bigots as well then [See 1). and 2).]. Boycotting their products and not allowing them to start a chain in certain states because of their religious beliefs certainly fits the definition. Thus, claiming they are bigots is rather hypocritical don't you think?

I'm fairly certain a vast majority don't 'hate' gays and if we're going to claim intolerance it would be rather simple to state the aforementioned people boycotting products etc. are intolerant as well.

Intolerant:

a. Unwilling to tolerate differences in opinions, practices, or beliefs, especially religious beliefs.

b. Opposed to the inclusion or participation of those different from oneself, especially those of a different racial, ethnic, or social background.

This is why an argument based on semantics doesn't work.

KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By KingPossum

Essentially, its good for fast food when it comes to chicken sandwiches. They also make a good chicken noodle soup.

But all of this is arbitrary since what you can personally make is much better than whatever they can dish out if you put some time and care into quality ingredients. (also at the fraction of the cost)

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By CL60

@Flawed_System said:

@CL60 said:

@Flawed_System said:

"'Bigotry' is the state of mind of a "bigot", a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance" Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including age, disability, 1). dissension from popular opinions, economic status, ethnicity, gender identity, language, nationality, personal habits, political alignment, race, region, 2). religious or spiritual belief, sex, or sexual orientation."

Technically by that definition people who are against Chick-Fil-A's views are bigots as well then [See 1). and 2).]. Boycotting their products and not allowing them to start a chain in certain states because of their religious beliefs certainly fits the definition. Thus, claiming they are bigots is rather hypocritical don't you think?

I'm fairly certain a vast majority don't 'hate' gays and if we're going to claim intolerance it would be rather simple to state the aforementioned people boycotting products etc. are intolerant as well.

Intolerant:

a. Unwilling to tolerate differences in opinions, practices, or beliefs, especially religious beliefs.

b. Opposed to the inclusion or participation of those different from oneself, especially those of a different racial, ethnic, or social background.

I'll say this again. STOP PULLING THE VICTIM CARD. When your opinion revolves around trying to take away other peoples RIGHTS, don't even dare sit there and claim people are being intolerant of you and your fucking opinion, because all your opinion is, is stupid hatred.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#171  Edited By Marz

they make a good spicy chicken sandwich... and their BBQ sauce is pretty awesome.

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By mitsuko_souma

Or maybe the CEO of Chick-fil-A just believes in the sanctity of marriage which is defined as being between a man and woman. It doesn't meant he hates gay people. You are exuding reverse bigotry, pulling the "IF YOU'RE NOT FOR US, YOU'RE AGAINST US" card.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#173  Edited By Andorski

@tooPrime said:

@Andorski said:

this is coming from a person who doesn't find In N' Out to be all that great either

This person had discredited themselves on all future issues, culinary or otherwise.

Nah man, I just have access to decent food. It's a shame that many newly developed areas in the US get quickly over-saturated with national chains that create their menu based on the financial efficiency of food delivery and storage rather than taste. Go to even an average chef's local restaurant shack where they put a second thought into their craft and you'll taste the difference.

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By falconpunch

Its great and I will never stop going

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Flawed_System

@CL60 said:

@Flawed_System said:

@CL60 said:

@Flawed_System said:

Intolerant:

I'll say this again. STOP PULLING THE VICTIM CARD. When your opinion revolves around trying to take away other peoples RIGHTS, don't even dare sit there and claim people are being intolerant of you and your fucking opinion.

The "victim card"....really...

What rights are they purportedly 'taking away'? You said yourself that they donate to groups who pray and attempt to 'cure'.

These are the groups they donated to [according to the link posted]:

• Marriage & Family Foundation: $1,188,380
  • Fellowship Of Christian Athletes: $480,000
  • National Christian Foundation: $247,500
  • New Mexico Christian Foundation: $54,000
  • Exodus International: $1,000
  • Family Research Council: $1,000
  • Georgia Family Council: $2,500

Marriage and Family:

The mission of The Family Foundation is to strengthen families in Virginia by applying founding principles and faith to policy and culture. The organization seeks to establish through citizen advocacy and enactment of Virginia law a safe, prosperous and wholesome climate for families. All of its public policy decisions are based on the principles of life, marriage, parental authority, constitutional government and religious liberty.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes:

About FCA

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is touching millions of lives... one heart at a time. Since 1954, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes has been challenging coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, junior high and youth levels to use the powerful medium of athletics to impact the world for Jesus Christ. FCA is the largest Christian sports organization in America. FCA focuses on serving local communities by equipping, empowering and encouraging people to make a difference for Christ.

The FCA Vision

To see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of athletes and coaches.

The FCA Mission

To present to athletes and coaches and all whom they influence the challenge and adventure of receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, serving Him in their relationships and in the fellowship of the church.

The FCA Values

Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence.

National Christian Foundation:

About Us

National Christian Foundation (NCF) is the largest Christian grant-making foundation in the world. Our innovative, tax-smart solutions help you simplify your giving, multiply your impact, and glorify God. Since 1982, we have received over $4 billion in contributions and made over $3 billion in grants to thousands of churches, ministries, and non-profits.

New Mexico Christian Foundation:

See above.

Exodus International:

Doctrinal Statement

We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the inspired Word Of God, the final authority for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction for right living. We believe in one God, existing eternally in three Persons:Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, fully man and fully God, only begotten Son of the Father. he was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, buried and rose physically from the dead. He ascended to the right hand of the Father and will come again in power and glory.

We believe that faith alone in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord frees us from the mastery of sin, and its consequences of death and eternal damnation. He assumed the penalty of death Himself, and enables us to live out of His resurrected life unto eternity. We believe the Holy Spirit carries out this work of renewal in our lives, empowering us to grow in loving union with our Heavenly Father and to walk in obedience to His will. We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ is formed of all those who know Him as their Savior and Lord, regardless of denominational beliefs.

Family Research Council:

Since 1983, Family Research Council (FRC) has advanced faith, family and freedom in public policy and public opinion. FRC's team of seasoned experts promotes these core values through policy research, public education on Capitol Hill and in the media, and grassroots mobilization. We review legislation, meet with policymakers, publish books and pamphlets, build coalitions, testify before Congress, and maintain a powerful presence in print and broadcast media. Through our outreach to pastors, we equip churches to transform the culture.

Georgia Family Council:

Georgia Family Council (GFC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) research and education organization committed to fostering conditions in which individuals, families and communities thrive. Carrying out that mission is a challenging endeavor that requires a multi-faceted approach

Not sure what's so 'evil' about these groups...

Exodus International, the group they donated the least to, are the only ones who appear to have an openly 'anti-gay' stance. Are we going to silence them because their beliefs differ from ours? Wouldn't we be 'bigots' then?

"Earlier this month, a Change.org petition with 700 endorsers prompted Starbucks founder and CEO Howard Schultz to back out of a speaking engagement at a leadership conference hosted by well-known evangelical Christian pastor Bill Hybels, whose Willow Creek Church teaches marriage is reserved for one man and one woman."

Do you see how hypocritical the 'Christians are bigots' stance is now? If you want, I can produce some more stories such as this one, there are plenty.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By CL60
@Flawed_System Who ever said Christians are all bigots? Not me that's for sure, and yes the victim card. When I see a person trying to "cure the gay." and is openly against gay marriage and somebody calls them an idiotic bigot, they ALWAYS pull out "stop being intolerant of my opinion." and to me that's absolute bullshit, you're the one trying to take rights away from a group of people, and deserve to get chastise for your beliefs.

Could you imagine the backlash of suddenly black people were not allowed to get married, Muslims not allowed? Etc.
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Little_Socrates said:

For the new page, here's the rest of that quote:

UCLA law professor and blogger Eugene Volokh observed, "[D]enying a private business permits because of such speech by its owner is a blatant First Amendment violation." Echoing those views were Glenn Greenwald of Salon, professor John Turley of George Washington University, and Adam Schwartz, a senior attorney with the ACLU.

Denying a business license in America because of someone's religion or personal beliefs is absolutely a human rights issue. The ACLU and First Amendment agree. Gay marriage is also a human rights issue, one that is currently being decided on a state by state basis.

But it's not because the CEO said something bigoted, it's because they donate to companies like Exodus International. If Gizmondo had wanted to open a location in Chicago after their ties to the Swedish Mafia were uncovered, or Monsanto had wanted to open a terminator seed production facility in the city, or if a front for Kony's Lord's Resistance Army had wanted to open a location in the city, I don't think banning them from entering the city or state would have been illegal.

But Exodus International, despite how fucked up their organization might be, isn't doing anything illegal. At least not that I'm aware of, and please correct me if you know something that I don't. If not, then they are clearly not on the same level as the Swedish Mafia or a Terminator production facility.

And besides, that Terminator factory is totally legal.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By salad10203

I never thought it was great but I am eating there now to support them.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#179  Edited By ssj4raditz

I loves me some waffle fries!

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I'm still trying to process the title of the restaurant.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#181  Edited By Little_Socrates

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Little_Socrates said:

For the new page, here's the rest of that quote:

UCLA law professor and blogger Eugene Volokh observed, "[D]enying a private business permits because of such speech by its owner is a blatant First Amendment violation." Echoing those views were Glenn Greenwald of Salon, professor John Turley of George Washington University, and Adam Schwartz, a senior attorney with the ACLU.

Denying a business license in America because of someone's religion or personal beliefs is absolutely a human rights issue. The ACLU and First Amendment agree. Gay marriage is also a human rights issue, one that is currently being decided on a state by state basis.

But it's not because the CEO said something bigoted, it's because they donate to companies like Exodus International. If Gizmondo had wanted to open a location in Chicago after their ties to the Swedish Mafia were uncovered, or Monsanto had wanted to open a terminator seed production facility in the city, or if a front for Kony's Lord's Resistance Army had wanted to open a location in the city, I don't think banning them from entering the city or state would have been illegal.

But Exodus International, despite how fucked up their organization might be, isn't doing anything illegal. At least not that I'm aware of, and please correct me if you know something that I don't. If not, then they are clearly not on the same level as the Swedish Mafia or a Terminator production facility.

And besides, that Terminator factory is totally legal.

No, I get that about the legality; ties to the Swedish Mafia, unless illegal activity can be proved, are not illegal either. I'm saying that I don't think banning them from practicing in your city/state is illegal/unconstitutional either.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#182  Edited By TheHT

@mitsuko_souma said:

Or maybe the CEO of Chick-fil-A just believes in the sanctity of marriage which is defined as being between a man and woman. It doesn't meant he hates gay people. You are exuding reverse bigotry, pulling the "IF YOU'RE NOT FOR US, YOU'RE AGAINST US" card.

ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh. just say bigotry. let the stupid ass "reverse" shit die.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By intro

It's good, yeah, but I don't know how people think it's simply amazing/one of the greatest.

kumquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By kumquat

@Flawed_System said:

Not sure what's so 'evil' about these groups...

Every one of them is anti-gay. One is even officially designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

So, yeah...fuck Chick-Fil-A.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#185  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

They sell chicken sandwiches and milkshakes. People lose their shit out them. You're right not to understand why.

Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#186  Edited By Skogen

Their chicken sandwiches are bland and overrated. I personally boycott their establishment due to their political adgenda, but this decision came well after tasting their menu.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#187  Edited By evanbower

Yeah.

Dracomaster01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Dracomaster01

I had their chicken nuggets, strips or whatever they call them like 4 or 5 years ago, hated them. Won't go back because I don't like their food and the whole anti-gay marriage thing.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#189  Edited By apathylad

@PrivateIronTFU said:

Before this controversy, I always thought it was pronounced "Chick - fill - Uh".

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Hunter5024

@Apathylad said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

Before this controversy, I always thought it was pronounced "Chick - fill - Uh".

It's supposed to be like Chick filet, but cows can't spell, and that's like their mascot... So yeah... Pretty stupid.

Edit: Chick Fillet* I must be part cow.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#191  Edited By golguin

I never ate there and never thought to eat there. I get my chicken through many means so there anti gay stance doesn't really bother me.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Dagbiker said:

@Jumbs: The company isn't bigotry. It is all blown out of porportion. This is from Chick-fil-A's own website

Chick-fil-A is a family-owned and family-led company serving the communities in which it operates. From the day Truett Cathy started the company, he began applying biblically-based principles to managing his business. For example, we believe that closing on Sundays, operating debt-free and devoting a percentage of our profits back to our communities are what make us a stronger company and Chick-fil-A family.
The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our Restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect –regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.Our mission is simple: to serve great food, provide genuine hospitality and have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/FAQ#?category=1

uh sorry dude, but their CEO has a very strong and well known anti-gay and anti-gay marriage position. He funds anti gay groups and back politicians with anti gay marriage policies. He even came out in the press recently saying that he was"guilty as charged" in regards to his anti-gay stance and funding. This has led to both Henson Inc. and the authors of the Berenstain Bears to pull their support from working with Chick-Fil-A. Don't take corporate wording as truth, because it's often a lie.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Hunter5024 said:

@Apathylad said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

It's supposed to be like Chick filet, but cows can't spell, and that's like their mascot... So yeah... Pretty stupid.

Edit: Chick Fillet* I must be part cow.

Oh my God, I'm even more lost now!

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Meowshi

@mitsuko_souma said:

@CL60 said:

I can assure you it feels the same to the people who can't get married.

I'm sure when they are denied the opportunity to start a family with the one they love, they would absolutely appreciate your semantic argument though.

madmanmaple89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By madmanmaple89

I'm pretty sure that 99% of the people who have made my food have said the n-word, f-word, c-word or some other offensive term at least once in their life. So who gives a shit?

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#196  Edited By Deusoma
@Zelyre said:

It's not. It's shopping mall fast food. I'm thinking they do some sort of brine bath for their chicken before frying it, though. It is pretty moist chicken for what it is.

However, when most people's alternative for chicken is KFC, yeah. Anything is better than that.

Being covered in gasoline and then set on fire is not better than KFC.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@BirdkeeperDan said:

I really think people here hating on the Chic-Fil-A founder are insane. I've heard the guy speak and he seemed pretty nice. America is pretty much split in terms of this view http://www.gallup.com/poll/154529/half-americans-support-legal-gay-marriage.aspx. So half of America is bigots? Personally I don't care how government defines marriage or anything else; I don't feel that government reflects on me personally. If I ever go down to the States I'll be sure to go to Chic-Fil-A for spite: I might buy a second one for the birds.

In other words you agree with his point of view concerning homosexuals and you're going to use one poll to justify your stance. In your opinion then the other half of America is insane. Yes, that sounds logical. You don't sound extremist at all.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#199  Edited By veektarius

McDonald's southern chicken sandwich is a completely viable alternative to chick-fil-a. People who will stake their reputations on Chik-fil-a are from the south.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By subject2change

@Sackmanjones said:

Yes it is. Don't you doubt it. It's that fuckkng good. I'd rather get a chicken sandwich there than many nice, sit down restaurants.

You know how I know you don't live in a big city? Cause of that statement.

It's a higher quality fast food chicken sandwich, it's not great; it's not terrible.