Is *click click click click click* in a Library Acceptable?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Earlier today I was at my university library trying to get my study grind on. Not too long into reading, I begin to hear *click click click click click click click click click click* from ACROSS the room. This duder was about 20 meters away. I tried to not think much of it and put in some earbuds (gross I know) and I could still easily hear the clicking while quiet talking from the people right next to me was drowned out.

I am interested in what you guys think about "clicking courtesy." Should there be one? Is playing any game requiring constant and furious clicking in a supposed quiet environment acceptable because the volume of the game is turned off? Is it just as harmless as eating a bag of chips next to somebody reading?

By the way, after some point I walked by just out of curiosity to see what he was playing. It was LoL.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Most multiplayer PC games are going to have pretty furious mouse click or loud key tapping. Only some slower-paced singleplayer games might not be noticeably loud.

I agree, people who want to game on campus should fuck off and find somewhere other than the library to play. Universities usually have plenty of common areas that are better suited for game playing.

Ryzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

lol, my friend does this in Uni. He'll play league in the library while we are suppose to be studying. I am always having ago at him for that very reason, the constant clicking and occasional yelling!

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the clicks were much lower rate then w/e but that sounds like its too much. I know its your right to stay where you were but why not go to another part of the library if it bothered you? I mean aside from asking him to reduce the noise pollution (or reporting him). I would have considered telling him at the end of the match, cause he would be really confused/an ass hole if you try something when he is mid game.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Three0neFive

@dudeglove said:

people go to libraries?

There's a funny kind of irony in taking a computer with internet access to a special room so you can read books.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove said:

people go to libraries?

There's a funny kind of irony in taking a computer with internet access to a special room so you can read books.

Why, exactly? I couldn't do my job if it weren't for my university's collection.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

people go to libraries?

They tend to have good books to read and you don't have to spend money to read them.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at my work, sometimes this middle aged troll woman switches onto out shift. we have a computer room where most people have common courtesy to not annoy others but this woman is unbearable. i kid you not, three simultaneous browsers playing simultaneous facebook games. the clicking sounds like spinning the wheel of fortune that never slows down. its physically impossible to ignore it. all this while stuffing her face with chips and soda for the duration of break time. if you dont express to them that its annoying and distracting, they will never stop. its like talking in a movie theater.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, when I went to uni I never set foot in the library. There was a banquet room on the floor above the student commuter lounge that had couches around the walls. I'd go up there and chill, or study, or do homework for hours between classes. Occasionally a janitor or something would come up there to clean something, but other than that I was left completely alone.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Get my study grind on"

What does that even mean?

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That person was being a dick and you should've gone over there and slammed their laptop screen closed in the middle of their game. I get why you might want to play a game in the library if you have a long stretch between classes or something but you should always be courteous to your fellow students and at least try to find an empty nook.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

"Get my study grind on"

What does that even mean?

I think it's a sex thing.

CharlesDA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in my college library right now. The person clicking away and typing doesn't bother me so much. Keyboards and mice make noise. If anything, I expect to hear that in a library.

The person playing Sonic to my right needs to turn that shit off.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've seen up to 6 people playing League at once in my college's library. They are playing in the "Quiet Area," however. That tends to drown out the clicking noise from the rest of the library, and anyone who's actually being productive is wearing headphones anyway.

Basically, if you want to play games in the library, my college is the place because everyone don't care.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By MezZa

Sounds like a bit of a dick move. People don't tend to game a lot on my campus. If they do they usually pick more social and noisy environments like the coffee shop or the student union. The most annoying thing I deal with daily are the people who have constant texting conversations on their phone while leaving their ringer on full blast. In my opinion its just common courtesy to put your phone on vibrate or turn it down when you know you're going to be receiving constant texts. It's not like they're going to miss that 15th response because the alert didn't make the loudest sound possible in an already quiet environment. If I really want quiet I'll just put my ear buds in. Anyone who's studying seriously usually does around here.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#17 gamer_152  Moderator

If he was clicking that loudly and incessantly, yeah, that's really rude. People need to get that crap out of there.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Man this one time I saw this mother doing just that at a library so I walked up behind and was like SLAM just crushed his mouse to pieces with my fist. WHERE'S YOUR CLICK NOW HUH? CLICK AGAIN MOTHERFUCKER, I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU - ok that didn't happen, but it almost did.

The moral of the story is destroy the mouse before it destroys your sanity.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That's pretty unacceptable, at my University people need those pc's to work. To do that in the quiet area? That's pretty fucked.