#1 Posted by angelfan91 (892 posts) -

Has anybody sold to them before?  How have you're dealings with them worked out?  Any feedback would be nice.
#2 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Huh? What do they do?

#3 Posted by artofwar420 (6286 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: Read somebody write about it on Kotaku, didn't bother to finish reading the whole thing. It was about how the creator of that site didn't predict video games would "overtake" the whole system, since he originally intended it to be for music and books. I guess it's legit.
#4 Posted by TurboMan (7504 posts) -

I haven't used it yet, but plan on after reading about it on Kotaku.... lemme test it out with Call of Duty 4...

#5 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

I was curious about this as well.  I've got a few items listed for sale on glyde.com, but I'm leery now.  I did some research on reviews and I've read some success stories and a few horror stories.  One person sent Borderlands to a buyer and it disappeared in the mail.  The seller was charged for the cost of the box and he was down a $50 game.  So... if anyone has any good things to say about Glyde from experience, I'd like to hear them.  Otherwise I might take off the items I have listed.

#6 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Meh......

#7 Posted by AngeTheDude (666 posts) -

I've made quite a bit of money on Glyde but you better have a LOT of games to sell, as you'll be selling off games for such a small amount. I've never had anything go missing in the mail yet, which is good.

#8 Posted by DrGanon (366 posts) -

What is this "glyde" you speak of? Is it some sort of hemeroid medication?

#9 Posted by harris (848 posts) -

I've used it several times. It works pretty well, but sometimes you have to manually undercut the prices in order for your games to sell quickly.

#10 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Huh? What do they do? "
#11 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -
@DrGanon said:
" What is this "glyde" you speak of? Is it some sort of hemeroid medication? "
Their slogan is "Glydes on smooth"
#12 Posted by Pepsiman (2470 posts) -
@harris said:
" I've used it several times. It works pretty well, but sometimes you have to manually undercut the prices in order for your games to sell quickly. "
Yeah, this is more or less the gist of it. I've used it for both buying and selling and both services work just fine in my experience. The main issue is that the nature of their shipping methodology means you're waiting upwards of a week, week and a half for the shipment and transaction to complete, so it's not super ideal for anything you might need quickly or want instant cash. I do believe they were adding more shipping centers to lessen that time frame, though. Other than that, though, I have no complaints about it. I used it to sell copies of Yakuza 2 I got off clearance at Best Buy a while back and made a pretty tidy profit off it, so that was nice, at least.
#13 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I don't trust sites like that because it's too easy for the buyer to scam people. You gotta take everyone on their word and there are too many ass holes out there looking to take advantage of others for me to ever try a site like that. All it would take is one bad deal to go south on me and I could never use the site again. Plus nine times out of ten it's only usable by Yanks.