• 181 results
#1 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

Because if it is I would appreciate somebody helping me out in giving my Bob here a holiday hat. I've noticed a good amount of users here pulling out the santa hat avatars so I'm guessing it's just that time again and it would be nice to join in.

EDIT: So thanks to some guys here I figured out how to use GB's hat tool for images. If you need to add a hat, just go follow these steps.

@DarthOrange said:

Go to "insert" then "image" in the comments.
Select "My previous uploads"
Hover over your avatar and select "edit"
Select "fun"

Select "hat"
Then simply adjust the hat to your liking, save the image, then select the image as your avatar.

(Just be quiet about all of this because I don't want Matty bringing out the communist robot again)

#2 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Sure! I'll photoshop a Santa hat on my Toad tomorrow.

Edit: oh wait, I misread your text... Anyways, I'll try my hand at your avatar tomorrow too! Since I'm busy tonight.

#3 Edited by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

I usually like to wait for Dec. 1, but more power to you if you want to give Bob Ross a Santa hat. With the GB4L add on though, it might get a little crowded. Might be time to retire the NWO.

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

Not till December 1st. No one should talk about the holiday that will not be named until December.

#5 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

@SexyToad: No need for Photoshop. The masterminds behind Giant Bomb made a Santa hat tool in the images settings.

#6 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

@Breadfan: Wait, what? Do tell.

#7 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1961 posts) -

@ThePickle said:

I usually like to wait for Dec. 1, but more power to you if you want to give Bob Ross a Santa hat. With the GB4L add on though, it might get a little crowded. Might be time to retire the NWO.

Yeah, I didn't think that whole thing would've lasted a month after the CBSi acquisition, but there are still a few avatars like yours with that.

It'd be pretty intense if someone had that themed avatar and a Christmas hat at the same time, though!

#8 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: Go into your images and click edit under the image that you want to use. The image will pop up with some tools, one being called fun. Totally adds a Santa hat.

#9 Posted by DarthOrange (3841 posts) -
@Breadfan said:

@SexyToad: No need for Photoshop. The masterminds behind Giant Bomb made a Santa hat tool in the images settings.

Well I've done all I can do with the tool I was given. I had no idea that existed. Thanks dude!
#10 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@Breadfan said:

Well I've done all I can do with the tool I was given. I had no idea that existed. Thanks dude!

I must be stupid then cuz I don't see the edit option. I'm in the images section in my profile.

#11 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: Click your icon on your profile. Click the picture underneath 'My User Icon,' and then click 'My previous uploads.'

#12 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Maybe wait till december?

#13 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@Breadfan: Thanks Duder!

#14 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

I need to learn how to switch colours on my avatar.  I might do it when I have free time and what not.  I wish I was better at photoshop.........  

#15 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

@Breadfan: Oh! Thanks!

The hat didn't scale well for Bob so sadly he's gonna have to go hatless but his friend will help bring the festivities.

#16 Edited by Jackhole (356 posts) -

I'm on that Christmas Creep

#17 Edited by DarthOrange (3841 posts) -
@Colourful_Hippie:  
Go to "insert" then "image" in the comments. 

Select "My previous uploads"

Hover over your avatar and select "edit"

Select "fun"

Select "hat"

Then simply adjust the hat to your liking, save the image, then select the image as your avatar. Hope this helps! 
Edit: Never mind, I was too late :(
#18 Edited by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

Changed.

Edit: It's on the devil, oh, the irony.

#19 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

@DarthOrange: Wow. I had no idea the site added that. I love that at some point someone sat down and told a guy to make that something on the site. Brava Giant Bomb. My hat's off, or should I say on, to you.

#20 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

@DarthOrange: Yeah but that's a good detailed one. I'm going to steal it for the OP so other people like me who didn't know that feature existed can go use it.

#21 Posted by Hector (3352 posts) -

Just switch mine. Hope it starts catching on.

#22 Posted by yesac2004 (112 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

I leave for 2 minutes and now every avatar in the thread has a santa hat. I love you GB.

#23 Posted by JaredA (818 posts) -

Well I put a Christmas hat on... rather poorly...

#24 Posted by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

Done. Oh yeah!

#25 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

#26 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Ho ho ho bombers!

#27 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Every time I try to do it, it tells me my browser doesn't support it. Could somebody do it for me please? And put the hat on top of the hoodie in my profile pic.

#28 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

@Joeybagad0nutz: Try Chrome? It at least works for me in Chrome.

#29 Posted by JOURN3Y (230 posts) -

Yep, this totally works :) Had to chance my avatar though, it was worth it :)

#30 Posted by MetalBaofu (1344 posts) -
#31 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

BOOM. Take that, Santa.

#32 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: Huh, forgot I had Google Chrome. Thanks.

#33 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

Fuck no, it's not even December yet. Christmas ain't a whole month.

#34 Posted by NegativeCero (2974 posts) -

Never knew about that edit option either.

#35 Posted by Skytylz (4025 posts) -

Wow, really impressed they have that! I wasn't going to do it this year because I didn't want to take the ten minutes, not even, to do it but this made it that much easier!

Merry Christmas Giant Bomb!

#36 Posted by Ben_H (3296 posts) -

Done. Redd White wasn't a huge fan though. It messed up his perfect pink hair too much. 

Also, to get us in the Christmas spirit: 

#37 Posted by Mastercheesey (219 posts) -

Yay christmas!

#38 Posted by IAmADwagon (49 posts) -

Of all of the things, this is probably the best.

#39 Posted by benpicko (1985 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Fuck no, it's not even December yet. Christmas ain't a whole month.

Scrooge. It's Christmas time whenever we want it to be Christmas time.

#40 Posted by chainreaction01 (175 posts) -

This has made it somewhat tempting to find a sombrero and an appropriately sized Santa hat for Christmas.

#41 Edited by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Just finished mine....  I might get change my picture to one of questlove or something..... 

EDIT 
Done..... This is gonna be weird

#42 Posted by Bigbombomb (677 posts) -

Christmas hatified! It seems like the right time. December is so close and Thanksgiving already passed in the US, so bring on the Christmas stuff.

#43 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Santadile gettin' up in it!

#44 Posted by MightyDuck (1494 posts) -

I usually throw mine on once Black Friday hits.

Thus I have mine on.

#45 Edited by Animasta (14643 posts) -

the christmas hat thing doesn't stretch out far enough for chequita to be christmas hatted properly ;_;

edit; fuck it let's bring out the character whom my avatar is based off of

edit edit; FUCK IT LETS BRING BACK NIER BECAUSE IT'S WAY FUNNIER

#46 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Many thanks for that find as I was not happy with my Paint version of the santa hat last year.

#47 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I still dig the one I put together myself last year, but the fact that this website honestly has an option to put a Santa hat on your avatar makes me so very very happy.

#48 Posted by CornBREDX (4757 posts) -

Thanks for the reminder. 
I added my Santa hat. A week early, but whatevs. =)

#49 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

And thus I discover the most amazing part of the Giant Bomb image editor.

I move that all other imagery editing tools are required to implement this feature. All in favour say 'Aye'.

#50 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

It's Christmas time... bitch.