Is lost genius or just a big pile of random shitfest?

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

I use to think this show was cool but now it's just annoying. They just dragged it on way, way too long.  The only half decent character is John Locke and even then they fucking killed him. This show is going the way of the x-files in it's final seasons.

Yes?

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Shawn

It's genius :\

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DualReaver

I tried to watch it once, it left me going

=|..................????...........=S................????..........What?...................who are they tal..........????......Wh...............???.................................................................. =|

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shawn
Trollillionaire said:
"Shawn said:
"It's genius :\"
Rephrased by moderators: I love everyone."
Where would I find a goat from? And why tuesday and thursday specifically?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It was entertaining at first, but it started to just get stupid the way it didn't answer any questions and just kept asking more. I stopped watching it at the end of the second series because I was bored of the question asking and the lack of answers.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hewkii

I saw the episode when they opened the hatch, was confused, and gave up.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Black_Raven
MattyFTM said:
"It was entertaining at first, but it started to just get stupid the way it didn't answer any questions and just kept asking more. I stopped watching it at the end of the second series because I was bored of the question asking and the lack of answers."
Yea that's why i stopped watching, they never rewarded the viewer for watching the season and following the story with answers, all we got were more questions. What would be genius is them answering the questions. I also herd they plan on making a shitload more seasons.
whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By whyzenheimer

Big pile of random shitfest, in your own spot-on words.  The entire show is just a circle-jerk for writers who enjoy screwing with their audience and watching sadistic hardcore fans bang their head against a wall until the fan is convinced that the solution to the plot is illustrated in the blood puddled beneath their feet.  Right next to Jesus.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nude_Dude
Shawn said:
"Trollillionaire said:
"Shawn said:
Where would I find a goat from? And why tuesday and thursday specifically?"

"Rephrased by mods: I love everyone"

ROFL, I read his original message, he got pwned.
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By Soap

The show started with such promise and for the first 5 or 6 episodes I was pretty hooked, since then however literally nothing has happened, in like 3 more seasons (or however many there have been) I could probably tell you what progress has happened within about 20 seconds.

It's to random, to diluted and generally just a bit crap.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Termite
Nude_Dude said:
"Shawn said:
"Trollillionaire said:
"Shawn said:
Where would I find a goat from? And why tuesday and thursday specifically?"

"Rephrased by mods: I love everyone"

ROFL, I read his original message, he got pwned."
Hahaha

And I liked even the last few seasons of X-files........sure they weren't that great but I still enjoyed them.

But the very last episode of the series...dude what the hell
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zityz

Like I've mentioned to some people I know who watch the show, what do you do when you can't find a way out of the shit you've dug yourself? Make it all a dream.

Yes somehow the last episode will all be some dream some dude made up in his mind while he was in accoma in a hospital, the black fog or whatever it is, is just the cancer eating away at his lungs while he's been out.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead

Season 1: Amazing. Season 2: Hm, not bad. Season 3: Oh, dear god. The show has just gone so far up its own arse that the constant twists are the only thing to keep it going and there is no way that the final answer will be anything near good enough to justify the rest of the show.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It is not humanly possible for someone to watch this show without having seen every other single episode. If you do that, you will be amazed, Lost is by far my favorite show, but I didn't start watching it until the end of season 3, so I bough the first 3 seasons on DVD.

You will love Lost. My name is Henry Gale.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jayge_

I really don't like or have any wish to follow Lost. I've seen many episodes and know the plotline pretty well from people not shutting up about it (friends >.<).

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb
MIALER_DAEMON said:
"I use to think this show was cool but now it's just annoying. They just dragged it on way, way too long.  The only half decent character is John Locke and even then they fucking killed him. This show is going the way of the x-files in it's final seasons.

Yes?"

I've never seen Lost but I've heard it is just completely random crap that pretentious people like to think is genius. A lot of shows that start of great end up getting so caught up in their own grandeur that they lose quality and turn into absolute shit. A la The Sopranos and Heroes.
Avatar image for funkmasterflare
funkmasterflare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By funkmasterflare

I love the show. Then again, I saw seasons 1-3 for the first time in a span of about five days online. So, I guessed it helped that I didn't have to wait months between seasons and weeks between lackluster episodes. But still, I saw season 4 week-to-week and still loved it. The more bat-shit crazy it gets, the more I love it. Can't wait for season 5!

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Option number two Frank.

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON
Yunjin Kim is better looking than Evangeline Lilly and Jack Shepard is a bossy cunt. He is suppose to be the leader, not a fucking douchbag.
10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 10MP

the show was good up until season 4 then it just turned to crap

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Absurd

Watched the first season and couldn't get into it after that

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

Lost is deep and meaningful, it will enrich your life.

caption
caption
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Eh I tried watching the show, wasn`t for me.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By atejas

I tried watching it for a while, then gave up.

JuMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JuMP

As with any other mystery, Lost's genius-ness or shit-ness will be determined by the ending.  If they manage to pull off good endings to all the many questions that they've brought up, then it will be genius because it will be nothing short than a miracle.  But of course, what seems more likely is that they've written themselves into a tangled mess that can't have any satisfactory ending.  I mean, JJ Abrams' last show Alias, had a shit ending so I'm not setting my expectations too high....still hoping though.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive

it started out excellent, first couple seasons were good, it went downhill during three (but the end of the season redeemed it, especially that great finale) but then season four was just total whack. horrible. watching it now, its hard to find the connection to the shows beginning. it so different. but near the end of this season it felt like they were getting more focused. hopefully the next two seasons really gets it right and is good. i want some real redemption. 

one of the worste parts about the last season was all of these "who gives a shit" characters. and then many of the characters lost what made to so connected to the audience, and just seemed like they were becoming very narrow and shallow. also, they killed off so many of the most loved and memorable characters. we still have jack though and john though and thats the only thing that keeps me watching. all of these new characters are ones that nobody gives a shit about. and they seriously rushed the whole leaving the island stuff in the season finale. that was terrible. the next season premier we'll be overwhelmed with crammed info about what the people on the island are doing and why the people off the island need to return and how jack intends on getting them to do so. ugh. its becoming such a mess. 

they should have never introduced this whole frieghter shit and made it a convoluted mess. they should have stuck to strictly exploring the dharma initiative and the others. there was none of that mystery and exploration and adventure going on in season four. i remember when we first saw the first lab in season 2 of DI and it was amazing and so crazy and you just wanted to know more and more. season four, i felt like the whole time just eh. who the heck are these people?! they don't fit. it doesn't feel right.  

oh and i also think making the dad come back AGAIN is over kill. it may turn out to be interesting but theyre making things waayyyy too twisted. not only did he meet with sawyer once, not only did he have a seperate family and clair is his daughter making her jacks half sister, but he's also somehow the second in command of ben and his others. 
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Clean

I think it is very genius. It does get hard to keep up with, though,

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TwoOneFive

its like when i watch it now, it doesn't feel like these people are stranded survivors on a remote island anymore, they are simply actor doing whatever their script says and dealing with it and their performances arent nearly as believable. jack is the exceptiong because fox is a very good actor. 

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Bennyishere

I still watch Lost. Sometimes it's a bit ridiculous, but as long as you let the show do its own thing and don't grudge on the extreme amount of unresolved issues, it's a very watchable show.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Black_Rose

The first two seasons were great and after the "others" appeared it became what we could call a random shitfest