#1 Posted by TurboMan (6945 posts) -
#2 Posted by TurboMan (6945 posts) -

I ask this because I always thought "peeing in the shower" was just a joke... but I had a discussion with some of my male and female friends and this topic came up and 2/3's say they pee in the shower. 

This is unacceptable and gross IMO.

#3 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5355 posts) -

Pee is sterile. It goes right down the drain. There is nothing gross or unclean about it. It also saves you from wasting water by flushing the toilet.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12390 posts) -

yes, it is.  

what a question o-o 

#5 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I usually take a piss before I hop in the shower, but two years ago or so I believe I pissed in the shower a few times. Don't see what's so unacceptable, but sure maybe it's a bit gross. Who gives a shit, though...

#6 Posted by Yummylee (20585 posts) -

Regardless of wether it is or not, its still gross.

#7 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -

I don't see a problem with it. Sometimes you forget and it just happens. I'm not saying that you should go out of your way to not use the toilet before or after you shower, but I don't see what the big fuss is.

#8 Posted by Colonel_Cool (808 posts) -

What's so gross about it? I bathe in my own urine exclusively.

#9 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

There's no real harm to it. But I still don't like the idea of it.

#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (15610 posts) -

Don't do it when you and your girlfriend are taking a shower together.

#11 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5355 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" Don't do it when you and your girlfriend are taking a shower together. "
Some girls like being pissed on.
#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15610 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
Some girls like being pissed on. "
Alrighty. Don't do it without being sure that your girl would not mind...
#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (34618 posts) -

Is the shower on?

#14 Posted by FartyMcNarly (566 posts) -

I like to shit in the shower and squish it down the drain with my toes.

#15 Posted by natetodamax (19137 posts) -

I don't want to stand in a shower that someone had previously urinated in. You wouldn't stand in a toilet would you?

#16 Posted by TurboMan (6945 posts) -

maybe I'm in a bit of a frame of mind of me sharing a shower with other people my entire life. 

Me and my father always showered in the same shower(at different times, mind you), and I now share a bathroom with a roomate. 

It's just rude to piss in an area where someone else is going to be standing in later.

#17 Posted by SpaceDandie (255 posts) -

but the sink is okay right?

#18 Posted by LiquidPrince (15610 posts) -
@FartyMcNarly said:
" I like to shit in the shower and squish it down the drain with my toes. "
XD Oh jeez...
#19 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5355 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Vito_Raliffe said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
Alrighty. Don't do it without being sure that your girl would not mind... "
Only one way to find out! =D   

@natetodamax said:
" I don't want to stand in a shower that someone had previously urinated in. You wouldn't stand in a toilet would you? "
That is a completely different thing. Standing in a toilet is not even close to being comparable to standing in a shower that someone peed in while they were bathing.
#20 Posted by Physik (36 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" maybe I'm in a bit of a frame of mind of me sharing a shower with other people my entire life.  Me and my father always showered in the same shower(at different times, mind you), and I now share a bathroom with a roomate.  It's just rude to piss in an area where someone else is going to be standing in later. "
QFT.
#21 Posted by AjayRaz (12390 posts) -
@FartyMcNarly said:
oh god..  

*jumps out window* 
#22 Posted by JoelTGM (5592 posts) -

I think it's gross to piss in the shower.  I mean, what if it's a swimming pool shower.  I don't care if urine isn't even dirty or bad, just knowing someone was happily pissing all over the floor I am standing on is gross. 

#23 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

hell no.

#24 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -

in the words of George Castaneda "it's all pipes" 

#25 Posted by Sifugamer (30 posts) -

yes as long as its your own shower, not a public shower
#26 Posted by Grilledcheez (3919 posts) -

If you pee in the drain it's fine with me...water washes everything downnnnnnnnn it's fineeeeeeee

#27 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

while yes it is. this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where George pees in the shower at the gym and Elena friend is going to be report him.

#28 Posted by natetodamax (19137 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe: It's not that different.
#29 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2041 posts) -

It all goes down the same drain. What difference does it make if it's in the shower or in the toilet?

#30 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4497 posts) -

Please don't do it when you're in one of a group of shower stalls. The smell carries across to the other showers, and that's not a fun smell.

#31 Posted by Odyssey (114 posts) -

If any of you guys saying yes are my roommates please kill yourself.

#32 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4874 posts) -

I'm not sure taking a shower is a social activity...

#33 Posted by Rebirth1337 (795 posts) -
Well if the shower is shared I suppose it's not nice. But hey I don't myself usually while starting the shower I get the urge and go then before I get in.
#34 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -

I don't think it's socially acceptable. If nobody's any the wiser, though, then it's privately acceptable.

Oh, and this:

#35 Posted by SunmanJ (28 posts) -

I think the key difference is if you pee in the shower or pee into the shower, particularly if you do so from the hallway,

#36 Posted by Kbm600 (446 posts) -

What if you piss directly into the drain? You're never technically standing on the drain are you?

#37 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6654 posts) -

It's better than peeing while taking a bath.

#38 Posted by TurboMan (6945 posts) -
@Kbm600:  
It's much harder to piss in a drain then it is to just piss in a toilet bowl, where it belongs.
#39 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

So long as its not a public shower
otherwise its just more water

yellow water if you don't drink enough fluids

#40 Posted by Wolverine (4269 posts) -
@FartyMcNarly said:
That good sir is especially not socially acceptable.
#41 Posted by gamerover (36 posts) -

Well, there's been a lot of discussion about this topic. However, everyone so far's missed this...

Clearly the Brazilian government think that bathtubs and showers are both fair game.
#42 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@FartyMcNarly said:
This slayed me.
#43 Posted by IcySandman (474 posts) -

If you own the shower, go on ahead, but if it's a dorm like in college, no way, people don't like smelling like piss after they take showers, who knows maybe some people stand on the drain (Not me, but still..)

#44 Posted by jmrwacko (2444 posts) -

I've heard people piss regularly in the shower. I just think that's gross. The toilet is where piss should go, now and always. Pissing on the shower floor may as well be jizzing on the shower floor in a shared shower situation. Gross :-X

#45 Edited by arab_prince (2052 posts) -

oh well thats a whole different topic. peeing in ur own shower is fine i think. the water washes it right down anyways, and like people said, theres nothing wrong with it. but peeing in social areas is kinda gross. i guess i shudve understood it when u said socially acceptable...hmm..ah well

#46 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
something i wont understand...
#47 Edited by Tabarnaco (134 posts) -

Urine is sterile, mostly composed of water, and would be washed off by the water anyway. I don't see what's so disrespectful about it, or whatever.

#48 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Why not? You are using shampoo and soap. Your feet and the floor stays clean. Most people do it. Even if I take a preliminary piss, I end up pissing in the shower anyway. It's the cool thing to do.

#49 Edited by Helimocopter (369 posts) -
@jmrwacko said:

" I've heard people piss regularly in the shower. I just think that's gross. The toilet is where piss should go, now and always. Pissing on the shower floor may as well be jizzing on the shower floor in a shared shower situation. Gross :-X "

if urine and ejaculate are the same to you then you have some problems far more urgent than people urinating in the shower
#50 Posted by John1912 (1743 posts) -
@MrStool: There's my chippy!