Is pretending to be in love with someone to break them up with their boyfriend a bad thing to do?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Storphrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Storphrax
@WhiskerMeister said:

"How is toying with someone's feelings so bad? "

Well at least we know you're a troll now. You were doing such a good job too.
WhiskerMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By WhiskerMeister
@Storphrax: Well, okay. Toying with someone's feelings can be pretty bad, but you guys forget that this is a naive 14 year old girl I've deceived. A teenage girl, you guys.
BrokenCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By BrokenCage
@WhiskerMeister said:
"So basically I'm 15. Anyway, last year I moved to a different city half way across the country but I remained in contact with some of my friends. Now, there's this one girl (she's like 14!) who I had a crush on or whatever, but I don't really anymore. Well a few weeks ago I found out that she was dating this guy that was really friggin' stupid. I mean, he has lolcats as his facebook profile picture and 'icanhascheezburger.com' under his interests. When I was in school with him, he would shout memes across the halls. An all around terrible guy. 

It was summer and I thought, "Hey, I'm bored and I really don't like that guy. I'm going to pretend to be in love with his girlfriend (we were good friends) and convince her to 'go out' with me instead." It took some pretty hard work but I managed to do it. I spent a while pointing out all of his flaws and why I was a better choice and she actually came around and said that she'd go out with me instead of him. I mean, I live super far away so it's not like that means anything, but mission success: he got dumped! It's been hilarious looking at his facebook status updates, he's posting depressing song lyrics and stuff like 'without you, there is no light'.   Anyway, mission success, like I said. Or so I thought. but then, you know, I realized that the girl expects me to actually do boyfriend-ey things like talk to her and listen to her problems and stuff (I told her I loved her) without any of the usual advantages of a relationship. What do I do, giantbomb? "

Here's the simple version. MEDDLING IN OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES IS ALWAYS BAD. It's not your place. It's not your job to save her, him, or anyone else. Take care of your business, and your business alone. Let the rest of the world deal with their own problems. You're not Superman, and nobody wants you to save them. 

Not trying to pick on you, dude, but these type of posts seem to be getting more frequent here. Back when I was a kid, people use to say "Mind your own bee's wax". You should do that.
TheBalticOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheBalticOne

This is so messed up...

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@WhiskerMeister said:

" @Storphrax: Well, okay. Toying with someone's feelings can be pretty bad, but you guys forget that this is a naive 14 year old girl I've deceived. A teenage girl, you guys. "

you must be trying to troll, you really can't be that fucking oblivious to the utter shittyness of your actions 

wait, are you trying to get peeps to check your profile page for quest achievements?
Darunia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Darunia

My god, no. You're a terrible person if you do :p

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Red12b
@BrokenCage:  
What this guy said basically, If you aren't a troll ask for this to get locked if you want to stay a forum user, because this will only get worse.  

Wise up duder, 
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@FlyingRat said:
" @Sadisticham said:
" I would have and have done. I also set one guy up and made it look like he was cheating. That one was exceptionally funny because he got a slap in the face off the girl. "
Well then you're just an asshole, regardless of your age. "
yep, you are a total fuckpig if you think that doing such things is acceptable
WhiskerMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WhiskerMeister
@hunkaburningluv: I don't care about quests at all. I started this topic because I recently posted about this experience in my blog (on another site) and the comments on it were outraged. I thought the duders would back me up and I'd link to this thread but maaan talk about a plan backfiring.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@hunkaburningluv said:
" @WhiskerMeister said:
" So basically I'm 15. Anyway, last year I moved to a different city half way across the country but I remained in contact with some of my friends. Now, there's this one girl (she's like 14!) who I had a crush on or whatever, but I don't really anymore. Well a few weeks ago I found out that she was dating this guy that was really friggin' stupid. I mean, he has lolcats as his facebook profile picture and 'icanhascheezburger.com' under his interests. When I was in school with him, he would shout memes across the halls. An all around terrible guy. 

It was summer and I thought, "Hey, I'm bored and I really don't like that guy. I'm going to pretend to be in love with his girlfriend (we were good friends) and convince her to 'go out' with me instead." It took some pretty hard work but I managed to do it. I spent a while pointing out all of his flaws and why I was a better choice and she actually came around and said that she'd go out with me instead of him. I mean, I live super far away so it's not like that means anything, but mission success: he got dumped! It's been hilarious looking at his facebook status updates, he's posting depressing song lyrics and stuff like 'without you, there is no light'.   Anyway, mission success, like I said. Or so I thought. but then, you know, I realized that the girl expects me to actually do boyfriend-ey things like talk to her and listen to her problems and stuff (I told her I loved her) without any of the usual advantages of a relationship. What do I do, giantbomb? "
 you are such a sad little fucking bastard   "
agreed ..
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By dbz1995
@WhiskerMeister:  Here's something interesting: I'm a teenage guy. I'm not amused.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@WhiskerMeister said:
" @hunkaburningluv: I don't care about quests at all. I started this topic because I recently posted about this experience in my blog (on another site) and the comments on it were outraged. I thought the duders would back me up and I'd link to this thread but maaan talk about a plan backfiring. "

there is no backup when you are acting like a little prick, what a poor girl. All because you don't like her boyfriend. You are such a terrible excuse for a human being
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@WhiskerMeister said:
"  The guy liked lolcats. What more is there to say? He didn't have any friends and was a complete loser. "
this is what scares me in this world... moltherfuckers like you who decide that certain types of people are OK to fuck with. 
lets say that you like techno. SOME ASSHOLE OUT THERE is gonna ruin your life one day, and when defending himself he's gonna say "the guy liked TECHNO! i thought that instantly meant that we're permitted to straight up murder him" 

do you get the picture you asshole motherfucker ? who gave you the right to decide whether liking lolcats is ok or not? you can have an opinion about it, but that doesnt give you the right to actually harm the guy 

Nothing is worse than some fucking dick actually and genuinely BELIEVING that a certain person is ok to mess with because of what they are/what they like..  big sigh.
WhiskerMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By WhiskerMeister
@Ahmad_Metallic: I didn't hurt him. I 'stole' his girlfriend but it's not like I went over and kicked him in the balls. I'm sure it took him some time to work up the courage to ask her out, but so what? Dude shouldn't have lolcats on his facebook. Also he sent me fucking chainmail emails after I told him not to.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@WhiskerMeister said:
"Dude shouldn't have lolcats on his facebook. "
you're a lost cause
ConstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ConstantRyan
@WhiskerMeister:  You consistently amaze me with how good you are at portraying yourself as such an asshole.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@WhiskerMeister said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: I didn't hurt him. I 'stole' his girlfriend but it's not like I went over and kicked him in the balls. I'm sure it took him some time to work up the courage to ask her out, but so what? Dude shouldn't have lolcats on his facebook. Also he sent me fucking chainmail emails after I told him not to. "

you clearly are somewhat retarded too. 

if you can't fathom why it's not on doing what you did, you shouldn't be allowed to breed. But I'm still thinking you are trolling here....
OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By OmegaChosen
@WhiskerMeister said:

Also he sent me fucking chainmail emails after I told him not to. "

I like that guy already. What else did he do to you? I could go for a laugh. :D
FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By FlyingRat

Why has this not been locked yet?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#70  Edited By JJWeatherman

Why is there not an option that says "yes, it's a bad thing to do"?

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By No0b0rAmA

God fucking dammit, stop posting people.

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@OmegaChosen said:
" @WhiskerMeister said:
Also he sent me fucking chainmail emails after I told him not to. "
I like that guy already. What else did he do to you? I could go for a laugh. "

I bet the next reply is: 

"he's got a stupid face"  

But the funniest one would be.... 

wait for it (thought to be fair, it isn't worth it)

" I caught him fucking my Mom" or Father, which ever is funniest.
WhiskerMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By WhiskerMeister
@JJWeatherman: Because there's always a circumstance where it might be right? 

@OmegaChosen: I told you, he shouted memes in the halls. 'SO I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPS' gets to be kinda grating after a while, you know? Can't stand those people.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By Ghostiet
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Damn, that's cold dawg, I like the way you think.

"

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#76  Edited By JJWeatherman
@WhiskerMeister said:
" @JJWeatherman: Because there's always a circumstance where it might be right?  "
But wasn't the point of this poll to ask people their opinions on if this was OK? Leaving out one of only a few perfectly reasonable options doesn't seem like a good idea.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Ghostiet said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

"

Damn, that's cold dawg, I like the way you think.

"
"
u gaiz r monst3rs ! 

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By kimbokasteniv

The intent of the op is questionable, although in the long run, the conclusion was probably to the girl's advantage. Now she has a little bit more relationship experience, and will probably be less naive when hearing the words "I love you."

As for the op, what exactly was the goal of your actions? From your post it seems you are implying that you wanted to break them up because you did not believe that he was good enough for her. Keep in mind, that if she cannot see the flaws in him on her own, then those flaws are of no significance. It sounds as if you had to directly tell her what was wrong with him. If you had instead just hung out with her, and over time she came to understand why you were a better guy, then that would have been a natural conclusion. But instead, she has been directly persuaded by you into believing something she may not have arrived at on her own. And it is likely this is exactly what happened when she decided to date the other guy. Always be careful when you call someone a loser, since you may be calling yourself a loser at the same time.
You might be thinking that she would have never realized on her own how terrible this guy was, and that you had to intervene for her benefit. If you truly believed in her, then you would have had faith in her ability to choose someone who was good enough for her. The fact that you did what you described shows that you don't.

Of course, if the goal you implied is not accurate, and instead you were just jealous or wanted the challenge, then that changes everything.
And finally, all of these events are insignificant considering  that you guys are only 15. What people look for in a partner at the age of 15 is often extremely different from what they look for in a partner in their mid-twenties.

Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Valco
@WhiskerMeister said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: I didn't hurt him. I 'stole' his girlfriend but it's not like I went over and kicked him in the balls" 

Fuck me, how retarded are you that you can't see what you did is worse than kicking him in the balls? You made someone unhappy for your own entertainment, that's worse than straight up sadism, because it is sadism, with a whole new level of damage thrown on
WhiskerMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By WhiskerMeister
@kimbokasteniv: Well, I live some 1200 miles away from her too, so it's not like we could've had a fulfilling relationship. Mostly I just really don't like the guy. I was also pretty bored. I mean, if I lived closer to her I'd probably date her.
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By stonyman65
@WhiskerMeister:   Shoot yourself.   It is the only way.
GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY

I like it when people ask questions they already know their answer to. 

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@WhiskerMeister said:
" @No0b0rAmA: You can't say that it's ALWAYS a bad thing to do. There are some circumstances where it might be justifiable. I only presented the realistic options the average person should consider. "
Like the boyfriend is abusive? 
ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#84  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I'm glad your 15, that gives you a few years before you enter the real world to stop being a real piece of shit.

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Sadisticham
@hunkaburningluv:@hunkaburningluv said:
" @FlyingRat said:
" @Sadisticham said:
" I would have and have done. I also set one guy up and made it look like he was cheating. That one was exceptionally funny because he got a slap in the face off the girl. "
yep, you are a total fuckpig if you think that doing such things is acceptable "
Oh i never said it was acceptable. But it is f un when a good plan pays off. I'm working on my brothers girlfriend right now it's my biggest project to date.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#86  Edited By gingertastic_10

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Djratchet
@ImpendingFoil said:
" I'm glad your 15, that gives you a few years before you enter the real world to stop being a real piece of shit. "
I second what this guy said. OP is scum, through and through. Don't even try to justify it by seeing if users of a video game forum approve. It's just a shit thing to do to anyone.
Clouise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Clouise

I love lolcats.  

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Successful Troll is Successful
 Successful Troll is Successful
I believed you in the first couple of posts. But you revealed your nature later on. Gotta work on your game dude.
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By habster3

I guess under certain circumstances (Such as if their partner is using them, is a dick, or is messing around), it's OK. However, I believe it's VERY wrong to do it otherwise.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#91  Edited By one_2nd

I'm not voting because there's no option for "Yes, it's always wrong and I'm a bad person."

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Sadisticham said:
" @hunkaburningluv:@hunkaburningluv said:
" @FlyingRat said:
" @Sadisticham said:
yep, you are a total fuckpig if you think that doing such things is acceptable "
Oh i never said it was acceptable. But it is f un when a good plan pays off. I'm working on my brothers girlfriend right now it's my biggest project to date. "

then you are a bigger troll and fuckwit than the OP.
Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@WhiskerMeister said:
" So basically I'm 15. Anyway, last year I moved to a different city half way across the country but I remained in contact with some of my friends. Now, there's this one girl (she's like 14!) who I had a crush on or whatever, but I don't really anymore. Well a few weeks ago I found out that she was dating this guy that was really friggin' stupid. I mean, he has lolcats as his facebook profile picture and 'icanhascheezburger.com' under his interests. When I was in school with him, he would shout memes across the halls. An all around terrible guy. 

Because when someone happens to come across Internet memes, they are automatically psychotic morons that doesn't deserve happyness?

You're a fucking cunt, son.
lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By lordbazuco
@WhiskerMeister: be careful with that. In my sophomore year of high school there was this cute freshmen girl who was dating this really weird guy who everyone in our school hated or w.e I had previously tried asking her out as a cocky dick and that of course did not work. So once she was with him, I got to know her and I decided I want her. So i got myself to act the whole emotional and sensitive type, and she started having interest in me over he boy friend. and eventually she broke up with him and very quickly got with me. However, apparently fro pretending I loved her for a few months, I actually did start loving her, and eventually she dumped me because...whatever, and I got really hurt by that and over a year later, I'm not 100% recovered. Morale of the story... 
Karma is  mother fucking bitch and don't get on her bad side.
Avatar image for deactivated-61f31c6da0e7f
deactivated-61f31c6da0e7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@WhiskerMeister said:

I'm sorry, 15 years old or not, you are one of the biggest dumbasses I have seen on this site.  You are either a troll or completely out of touch with reality and how emotions work.  You didn't expect to have to do boyfriend things?!  I mean you have to try to be that stupid.
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#96  Edited By Atlas

Sum'n wrong with you, boy.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Mmmslash

You are a bad person.

@teh_pwnzorer said:

" @WhiskerMeister said:
"  What do I do, giantbomb? "
Get one cyanide pill for each member of your love triangle.  The herd must be thinned. "

You, on the other hand, are a wonderful person.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By MikkaQ

Hahah I like how many relationship threads GB seems to get, they're hilarious. 

BrokenCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#99  Edited By BrokenCage
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @WhiskerMeister said:
" @No0b0rAmA: You can't say that it's ALWAYS a bad thing to do. There are some circumstances where it might be justifiable. I only presented the realistic options the average person should consider. "
Like the boyfriend is abusive?  "

No, even if the boyfriend is abusive. Unless that person comes to you, and specifically says, "Help me!" Mind your business. I know, it's a bad scene (I grew up around it,) but YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT. A lot of abused women even violently defend the same man that's beating them. It's extremely common. So by trying to seperate them, you become the enemy and remove yourself from any position where you might have done some good. 

Rule of thumb, stay out of it unless you're invited.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Mmmslash
@XII_Sniper:  You should listen to the Rebel FM podcast. Like, 90% of their user questions are relationship-y, and hearing moderately socially inept guys answer completely socially inept users questions about interacting with people on an intimate level is a whole new realm of amazing.