• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Everyone knows Ryan is a secret Agent that does Spy work on the weekends. Some times his missions take a day or two longer then origionally planned so he has to "call in sick" to cover his globe trotting. I for one find *poison dart* xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#52 Posted by SeanFoster (866 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the Skylanders Giant Quick Look was recorded yesterday and Ryan's in it...

#53 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2103 posts) -

@DanteFaustEsq said:

As someone with a typically dark sense of humor the whole line of questioning both Ryan, and Jeff's health on the forums has become a big gross to me. I'm not saying to stop to anyone but it just seems in very poor taste.

This basically. And don't they do a fair bit of traveling and such. Even if it is within California or the Bay-Area, it still requires a leave. Or he might have just taken a day off.

#54 Posted by TooWalrus (13155 posts) -
@Jams

@TooWalrus said:

A dude I work with has Ryans... er, body type. He's 39, and had to take a week off to recover from a heart attack. If I was Ryans close relative or something, I'd definitely be encouraging him to make better choices.

I had a 22 year old friend who was going to a naval officer school. He was super fit and got in a drunk driving accident (passenger of drunk driver). Now he's a vegetable who's going to live out the rest of his days with a feeding tube in his throat and in a convalescence. There's more than 1 way to ruin your life.

I'm not sure what your point is, but OK.
#55 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@Jams

@TooWalrus said:

A dude I work with has Ryans... er, body type. He's 39, and had to take a week off to recover from a heart attack. If I was Ryans close relative or something, I'd definitely be encouraging him to make better choices.

I had a 22 year old friend who was going to a naval officer school. He was super fit and got in a drunk driving accident (passenger of drunk driver). Now he's a vegetable who's going to live out the rest of his days with a feeding tube in his throat and in a convalescence. There's more than 1 way to ruin your life.

I think Ryan knows that he's not healthy, it can't be a surprise to anyone that large

#56 Posted by CornBREDX (5050 posts) -

It's funny how much you guys think they drink haha 

Anywho, he's about my age and I don't think he's dieing any time soon. Most often when he's not there it's because he's off doing top secret work.

#57 Posted by forkboy (1128 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@Jams

@TooWalrus said:

I think his point might be "mind your own fucking business". But if it wasn't, it should have been. Because really, mind your own fucking business.

#58 Edited by Undeadpool (4921 posts) -

@Village_Guy: All I know is: you gotta share. You gotta care.

#59 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@forkboy said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Jams

@TooWalrus said:

I think his point might be "mind your own fucking business". But if it wasn't, it should have been. Because really, mind your own fucking business.

yeah, pretty much. There's like a trillion ways to die in the world at any given time. So either he'll die or he won't. Stop worrying about how other people live their lives.

#60 Edited by wrecks (2232 posts) -

I find this thread disturbing.

#61 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

R.I.P. Ryan Davis

#62 Posted by Ben_H (3336 posts) -
@algertman said:

Alex was not welcome.

Lost it at that line.
#63 Posted by GreggD (4486 posts) -

@Jams said:

@forkboy said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Jams

@TooWalrus said:

yeah, pretty much. There's like a trillion ways to die in the world at any given time. So either he'll die or he won't. Stop worrying about how other people live their lives.

I worry, if only because I don't want to lose an individual as awesome as Ryan any time soon. He's a big part of the site, and as such I'm sure you can understand a lot of people becoming attached to him as a personality.

#64 Posted by colubroid (39 posts) -

Hopefully, after a few decades the novelty will wear off and people will realize the internet doesn't make manners obsolete. Unless you are on close enough terms that Ryan would let you stay in his guest room then shut the fuck up.

#65 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@DanteFaustEsq said:

As someone with a typically dark sense of humor the whole line of questioning both Ryan, and Jeff's health on the forums has become a big gross to me. I'm not saying to stop to anyone but it just seems in very poor taste.

This was done in poor taste, definitely, but I can't help but feel some concern about Ryan. Jeff seems to be losing some weight, but Ryan seems to be going the opposite direction. It's not that I give a shit if people are fat or not, but I do give a shit about the duders that make this site great, and I guess it does concern me a bit because I want to see Ryan stick around for many decades to come. But, the other side of it is that it's his life and he can do what he wants.

I just hope they're all happy (in general).

#66 Posted by Sweep (8837 posts) -
@Demoskinos said:

YOLO

This is why we can't have nice things.
#67 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3851 posts) -

@SeanFoster said:

I'm pretty sure the Skylanders Giant Quick Look was recorded yesterday and Ryan's in it...

Yeah and Tupac just played a concert. YOU CAN'T FOOL ME

#68 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@murisan said:

@DanteFaustEsq said:

This was done in poor taste, definitely, but I can't help but feel some concern about Ryan. Jeff seems to be losing some weight, but Ryan seems to be going the opposite direction. It's not that I give a shit if people are fat or not, but I do give a shit about the duders that make this site great, and I guess it does concern me a bit because I want to see Ryan stick around for many decades to come. But, the other side of it is that it's his life and he can do what he wants.

I feel the same way. But will be called a hateful person for bringing it up. Sometimes the brutal truth is the best medicine, got me off some hard drugs last year.

#69 Posted by Shaka999 (466 posts) -

@DanteFaustEsq said:

Completely agreed. I get that you guys (well some of you) are kidding... but this is kinda fucked regardless.

#70 Posted by DanteFaustEsq (109 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@murisan said:

@DanteFaustEsq said:

I feel the same way. But will be called a hateful person for bringing it up. Sometimes the brutal truth is the best medicine, got me off some hard drugs last year.

As someone who struggled with their weight from the age of 13 to 26 I can safely say we don't live in a bubble of ignorance, I was well aware that I was overweight and unhealthy. What didn't help matters were people even loved ones commenting on my weight. Some people you just have to let them decide to do it. Also it bears mentioning that with all the "flaws" people seem to think Ryan has he has a job we all envy, great friends, a loving fence, and thousands of people who like/respect/look up to him. When all is said and done he's got it pretty good and I personally see him as an inspiration. 2cents

#71 Posted by ajamafalous (11942 posts) -

I remember when GB was fun and these topics were met with a laugh. 

Why did you guys have to go and ruin it.

#72 Posted by Sweep (8837 posts) -

Alright, let's wrap this one up. I'm sure Ryan would prefer that we didn't openly discuss his weight and/or death.