Is Tested Ever Going to Review the New Nexus 7?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Of course they are, but why are they making me wait so goddamn long? Is there any word on if they're working on something or not?

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By strainedeyes

Why don't you ask in the Tested forums? Or send a Tweet to Will or Norm? These two sites aren't really affiliated anymore.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure I saw a tweet from Norm not to long ago specifically about doing long-term "lived-with" reviews for a lot of products and why Tested believes it's far better than release day reviews.

They're working on something but it'll take time.

They already have an article up talking about the battery life on the new 7, just no full review yet. Wired already has a review up though.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By audioBusting

Aren't all their reviews written at least one month after the devices' release?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't you ask in the Tested forums? Or send a Tweet to Will or Norm? These two sites aren't really affiliated anymore.

The tested forums are pretty barren, and I know a lot of people who go to gb still go to tested, which is why I asked here (in off topic, of course)

They had an article a couple weeks back stating exactly why they don't rush hardware reviews. In fact, it talks about their Nexus 7 review process.

http://www.tested.com/tech/456925-why-we-dont-rush-review-hardware/

Thanks, gonna read this asap!

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Tireyo

I haven't even been on there for a very long time...

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tireyo said:

You should check some of it out. They still do some really dumb stuff that is pretty great.

Thedrbrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: Which is good because most sites throw up a review after having a device for 5 minutes.See the hands on review bullshit that theverge likes to pull. Also you might want to wait for tested to do a proper nexus 7 review

Link

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't looked at Tested as much since the Whiskey Media breakup. I still pop in there every so often and it's good to see Will and Norm getting support from those Mythbusters dudes.

Now Screened, on the other hand...

That site has been fucking garbage since Rorie and Alex stopped working on it.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tireyo said:

You should check some of it out. They still do some really dumb stuff that is pretty great.

I did happen to see Norm on cnn or msnbc the other day. I forget which one. Their Wall-E video was being featured or something.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was surprised to hear of the website during a Q&A for Adam and Jamie. I completely assumed the site flopped and I havent visited the site for over a year. Im glad that theyre doing good and the website looks pretty nice too.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RonGalaxy

@mosespippy: Which is good because most sites throw up a review after having a device for 5 minutes.See the hands on review bullshit that theverge likes to pull. Also you might want to wait for tested to do a proper nexus 7 review

Link

Yeah, the appleinsider isnt going to be biased or anything

I know people who owned the nexus 7, and they all loved it. Not just for a few hours, but over the course of the year its been out

And saying android has no apps is like saying ps3 has no games. It's not true and it's not fair.

The recent issues with the new nexus 7 are unfortunate, but there's no doubt it will be remedied. Christ, are you forgetting the iphone4 dropped calls debacle? This site is acting like iphone/ipad are the god damn holy grail, and I will not trust that kind of bias. No thank you.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Link

That article is embarrassing to read. I've been okay with some of appleinsider's stuff, but that's just ridiculous.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when it got renamed to Jamie and Adams Tested Good times...

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

@gorillamopena said:

@tireyo said:

I did happen to see Norm on cnn or msnbc the other day. I forget which one. Their Wall-E video was being featured or something.

I don't have the motivation anymore to even visit.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By breadfan

Man. Tested's website is super depressing to visit these days.