#1 Posted by JakeMoore1106 (51 posts) -

Is the American Netflix better than the UK Netflix? Because been looking at Google and there's loads of different articles saying how to get the American Netflix because its better.

#2 Posted by GBH (25 posts) -

I'd say yes but there is also stuff on uk that us does not get

#3 Edited by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

It has Star Trek, West Wing and Louie. The UK has none of those. It's better.

#4 Posted by TruthTellah (9151 posts) -

It's just more American.

(So, yes, it's a lot better. ) http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/9/92448/2605822-2325860-cool_baby.png

#5 Edited by BigJeffrey (5021 posts) -

American Everything is better than the UK

#6 Posted by NoMoreMutants (58 posts) -

From what I've seen of both it is, there might be one or two good things on the UK one that the American one doesn't have but the American one seems better for the most part. Plus the American one has Friday Night Lights!

#7 Edited by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

There is certainly a decent selection of stuff on US Netflix that isn't on UK Netflix. However there are also some great things that are on UK Netflix that are available in the US.

Plus, there is no need to choose between the two. A Netflix subscription gets you access to Netflix in any region. You just need to use a browser extension like Hola Unblocker to make it look like you're in the US and you'll be able to access everything in the US library. Then disable it and you'll access UK Netflix. Then set it to Canada to access canadian Netflix. Or Sweden. Or anywhere.

#8 Posted by Jesus_Phish (873 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: Your coca cola and your chocolate says otherwise.

#9 Posted by Corvak (1093 posts) -

I wish they'd let us pay the license or w/e and access BBC iPlayer from Canada.

#10 Edited by mercutio123 (471 posts) -

YEs it is. I've been using it for a few months now and never looked back, it's vastly superior.

#11 Posted by Soap (3595 posts) -

There is a chrome extension which gives you access to american Netflix from the UK with your same account...

#12 Posted by ProfessorEss (7398 posts) -

It's certainly way better than the Canadian version.

#13 Posted by TomTroller (15 posts) -

Not really.

#14 Posted by afabs515 (1108 posts) -

Netflix is garbage everywhere.

#15 Edited by SomberOwl (675 posts) -

It's certainly way better than the Canadian version.

This.

#16 Posted by AlexW00d (6281 posts) -

It gets a much better of selection of Asian films. The foreign films section on UK netflix is 75% bollywood.

#17 Edited by Corevi (3598 posts) -

Zenmate or Hola! will let you easily access american netflix for free as well as any other websites (hulu, spotify).

#18 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I find it all around kind of lack luster. More often then not I will find some trailer for a movie or something and think "Oh ya! I wanted to watch that!" or "I remember watching that along time ago! I'm gonna watch that again!" only to go searching on it and coming up with nothing. I just use a chrome extension called "Hola Better Internet" to switch between the US and Canadian one but the couple TV shows I'm currently watching are only in the US so I have just kept it on the US one. They seem to get the best over all selection.

#19 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

@alexw00d said:

It gets a much better of selection of Asian films. The foreign films section on UK netflix is 75% bollywood.

There was a weird period where even we in US had that. It was really frustrating finding certain foreign films.

#20 Posted by ripelivejam (4055 posts) -

uk netflix is a bunch of scousers innit.

#21 Posted by ian280291 (114 posts) -

Just do what I do and get access to both, my PS4 settings have been changed to get US but everything else gets UK (cause thats where i live) so i can switch between them on different devices until i find something i want to watch

#22 Posted by Corevi (3598 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: Now American netflix has goddamn Battle Royale subbed. Which is amazing.

#23 Edited by Dan_CiTi (3340 posts) -

Yeah, I've heard this from people in the UK, the US selection is stronger.

#24 Posted by lanerobertlane (140 posts) -

I use both UK and US netflix. It's against their TOS, but at the minute they don't seem to care if people spoof location, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before they do and start enforcing something to prevent it.

I think both have good libraries, but if you want to watch american shows, then yes the US one is better. (I like it for ST:DS9, VOY), but the UK one has things the US doesn't like QI, Spooks and stuff (Things that the BBC do, but don't necessarily cater to BBC worldwide audiences).

If I had to choose one, it'd be the US library.

#25 Posted by Corevi (3598 posts) -

@lanerobertlane: The only way they could stop it is to make it impossible to use Netflix outside of the country where you registered. Which would cause massive backlash and they would immediately change it back.

#26 Posted by pause422 (6190 posts) -

Most of my UK friends generally say their netflix is utter trash compared to ours. I believe its improved since the last couple years, but still behind. They just get stuff so much later too. So generally, yeah.

#27 Edited by benpicko (2010 posts) -

Netflix UK is a lot better than Netflix Canada at least

#28 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -

@pause422 said:

Most of my UK friends generally say their netflix is utter trash compared to ours. I believe its improved since the last couple years, but still behind. They just get stuff so much later too. So generally, yeah.

1. People in the UK complain about anything and everything
  2. Compared to both the Canadian Netflix and what I saw of the American one, there were a lot more 'new' releases on the UK one, like The Hobbit was on there nearly instantly after it released
#29 Posted by darkvare (766 posts) -

latin american netflix already has the wolf of wall street for streaming :O