#1 Posted by GreggD (4479 posts) -

I haven't watched a single second of any of it, but it just looks...bad. And all I'm basing that off of is the preview stills on Youtube. Anybody else know/have an opinion/refuse to watch them like I have?

#2 Edited by UlquioKani (1029 posts) -

Yep. They are pretty poor.

#3 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

They're some of the best videos on YouTube.

#4 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

Some of them are hilarious, others just have a line or two that are funny.

#5 Edited by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

I've seen a few because a friend of mine watches them. They vary from chuckle worthy to boring. The only one that I really laughed at was the barack obama vs. mitt romney one, and I wasn't really laughing at the rap. I mainly just enjoyed the random absurdity of the end portion of that one.

#6 Edited by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

Watch the Snoop Dogg one. Like anything in life, if it has Snoop, it's fucking brilliant.

#7 Posted by mellotronrules (1172 posts) -

the jobs v. gates one is quite clever.

#8 Posted by Yummylee (21289 posts) -

I've found most of them to be really funny.

#9 Posted by Andorski (5203 posts) -

It's much better than what passes for rap music these days.

#10 Posted by Mikemcn (6959 posts) -

Some are funny, but if you've seen 1 you've seen them all.

#11 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Meh. It's just meh.

#12 Posted by JaredA (820 posts) -

Not all of them are that great, but some are good.

#13 Posted by GreggD (4479 posts) -

@mikemcn said:

So is there one you would suggest I watch, and leave it at that?

#14 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

@greggd said:

@mikemcn said:

In the time you sit here waiting for an answer you could watch season one and see for yourself. What's the worst that could happen? If you have 20 minutes to spare you might just entertain yourself.

#15 Posted by GreggD (4479 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

@greggd said:

@mikemcn said:

In the time you sit here waiting for an answer you could watch season one and see for yourself. What's the worst that could happen? If you have 20 minutes to spare you might just entertain yourself.

You're assuming I'm not multitasking. It can wait.

#16 Posted by Shaunage (694 posts) -

Most of them are pretty great.

#17 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

I have no idea why this topic even exists. Most of those rap videos are 2-3 minutes long. Watch one and decide for yourself.

#18 Edited by thevigilanteoflove (504 posts) -

I really like the one between Hitler and Vader. It's pretty funny.

#19 Edited by Giantstalker (1537 posts) -

There are worse things on Youtube.

#20 Edited by ShaggE (6343 posts) -

The comedy is hit-or-miss, but the actual rapping can be extremely impressive.

#21 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

I find that it's really hit-or-miss most of the time.

Often the lyrics can be quite clever, but the execution just doesn't pan out and sometimes it is the exact opposite. The Gates vs Jobs one is pretty good.

#22 Edited by benpicko (2001 posts) -

@andorski said:

It's much better than what passes for rap music these days.

lel

#23 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

"Popular" YouTube videos all have obnoxious screengrab stills on them. It's a retarded form of clickjacking that (unfortunately) works. It's not high art exactly, but some of them are kind of funny. At least it's not that fuck Ray William Johnson.

#24 Posted by fatalflame (99 posts) -

The Bill Gates VS Jobs one was pretty good!! Most are just hit or miss but a few are pretty funny.

#25 Edited by Apparatus_Unearth (3111 posts) -

I watched a few, not too bad.

#26 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3801 posts) -

Some of them are pretty great. Hulk Hogan vs Kim Jong Il. Clint Eastwood vs Bruce Lee. Genghis Kahn vs Easter Bunny has a pretty great beat.

#27 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1090 posts) -

Very hit or miss, but when it hits it is hilarious.

Jobs/Gates is probably my favorite one, but my favorite single performance is the girl that did Sarah Palen.

#28 Posted by GreggD (4479 posts) -

@dudeglove: True, and also that idiot with his "trolling" kids and moms on Call of Duty. What a jackass.

#29 Edited by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

It has it's moments like Snoop Dogg Moses.

#30 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1233 posts) -

I saw one when my friends were losing their shit over it and it is not that great.

#31 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4303 posts) -

Like many others have said, it's pretty hit or miss. When it hits, it's gold. When it misses, it fucking sucks.

#32 Edited by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Do you need someone else to tell you it is hit or miss? Okay, it's hit or miss. When it's good it's great, but when it isn't it makes you cringe. Seriously though, they are only a few minutes long each so just go watch a few when you have time.

#33 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

Nothing wrong with them in theory, but they aren't really my cup of tea.

#34 Edited by iceman228433 (597 posts) -

They can be very hit or miss some are very good though.

#35 Edited by twigger89 (277 posts) -

@greggd said:

I haven't watched a single second of any of it, but it just looks...bad. And all I'm basing that off of is the preview stills on Youtube. Anybody else know/have an opinion/refuse to watch them like I have?

They are worth checking out, particularly Jobs v Gates, Columbus v Captain Kirk, and Moses v Santa Claus

#36 Edited by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

I liked the Einstein vs Steven Hawking one, but that's the only one I liked. They also owe their sole to that Maker company, who Patrick had a link to an article about on his weekly write ups.

#37 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

It took you longer to make this thread and wait for replies then to have just watched one or two of them. Just watch them.

#38 Edited by GreggD (4479 posts) -

@crusader8463: Perhaps I made the thread for the sake of conversation, as well? I dunno...

#39 Posted by Fattony12000 (7084 posts) -

They are silly. That's the point. However:

Hippie

You got given up at birth

I give away your net worth

To AIDS research

Is a pretty sick bar.

#40 Edited by Aterons (198 posts) -

"Hey i really wanna bash on this things, but it would be un-cool to say I watch them and I dislike them so instead I will pretend i didn't click the 1 minute video that I made a thread about"

Also, some of them suck...really badly, others are "ok" and others are actually pretty ok, darth vader vs hitler is a great example of something they did pretty right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFN_n-ZjTFU

#41 Posted by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

I like them

#42 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2313 posts) -

Some of them are pretty funny. Most of them are meh with a few good lines.

#43 Posted by MocBucket62 (1159 posts) -

There are some rap battles that are pretty good such as Abe Lincoln vs. Chuck Norris (mainly because of Lincoln) and some bad ones such as the Super Mario Bros vs. the Wright Brothers (Sorry, the Mario rappers sucked).

#44 Posted by Sanity (1892 posts) -

This thread is pointless, draw your own conclusion, there like 3 minutes a piece.

#45 Edited by JonathanAshleyMoore (281 posts) -

Is it funny now? Fuck knows, was it funny? Absolutely.

#46 Edited by GreggD (4479 posts) -

@aterons said:

"Hey i really wanna bash on this things, but it would be un-cool to say I watch them and I dislike them so instead I will pretend i didn't click the 1 minute video that I made a thread about"

I was actually being completely honest, and I was legitimately curious, despite not wanting to feel like an idiot for clicking on them. And plus, if I didn't like it, I'll still get inundated with shit like that because that's how Youtube works these days. It's fucking annoying, y'know?