Is there a way to rip my photo library from my iPhone 5?

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

So I have around 1 thousand photos that exist on my iPhone 5 from my iPhone 4 and have traveled up over the last two years or so, but where's my Macbook Pro was my main home to store all my photos as backup, I had an incident recently, that required a very sudden reformatting of the hard-drive and I lost all my backup. I'd like to say they are all stored in the cloud, but it doesn't look that way. All my old photos are on my iPhone 5 and that's that. Is there any way to get them off of my phone and on my computer, or is that a big "no'?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@mrpilkington: You want to hook it back up to your Macbook Pro or a PC?

Either way, unlock your iPhone 5 and then hook it up to either one using your connection cable. Autoplay should then ask if you want to look at a folder, and you can just copy and paste your photos directly from the phone's storage.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EXTomar

You can plug it into any PC and should appear as a "storage device". Just be careful if it is has iTunes installed because it might try to alter the phone.

Otherwise if you did have your photos stored in iCloud it should show up in "Photo Stream" in iPhoto. If you still have your iPhone 5 you should be able to enable "save to cloud" and move them.

Salesmunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I loved this game, 80 fun hours to a Platinum trophy. If anyone needs a high level co-op partner to help you, feel free to add me.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mrpilkington: Just download Dropbox or Google Drive onto your phone. You can just upload all your photos onto the cloud. This way you can backup your photos without risk of data loss.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By audiosnow

With "Show Hidden Files" enabled, any PC should display the file system of your iPhone, allowing you to copy and paste the pictures you want to store.

And, as others have suggested, you can use a free cloud storage solution, although this may be more time consuming, with a good deal of uploading and downloading required as well as the possible necessity of transferring them in batches, depending on how much space the files use.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By bigjeffrey

I loved this game, 80 fun hours to a Platinum trophy. If anyone needs a high level co-op partner to help you, feel free to add me.

WTF

badsmalltalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@mrpilkington:

If you use iTunes (I'm not sure how not to but I don't know everything), make sure it is set to not automatically sync devices when they are plugged in.