Is this a good trade?

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Austin
I'm making a trade with this dude from school...

I'm thinking about trading my 30GB 5th Generation iPod Video for a silver PSP 2000. With the PSP 2000 I will get a 1GB Memorystick Duo with a USB charger. I will also get 3 games already downloaded on the PSP. Is this a good idea? What do you guys think?

PSP 2000
-1GB Memorystick
-USB Charger
-Madden NFL 09
-NBA Live 09
-DBZ: Another Road

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

None of those games could possibly be loaded onto the PSP legally, so no, don't support this douchebag.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Karmum

Uh, do you use your iPod extensively? I guess if you really want a PSP and don't mind giving up your iPod, go for it. To be honest, I wouldn't. Then again, I would never want an iPod, so under the assumption I was in this situation with a 30GB Zune, I wouldn't do it.

Make sure the PSP is in good condition, and so is everything with it. So you aren't fucked over.

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Austin
Jayge said:
"None of those games could possibly be loaded onto the PSP legally, so no, don't support this douchebag."
What do you mean? He said he bought these games on the Playstation store.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It deppends whether you want an MP3 player or a portable games console. The PSP is a lousy MP3 player, but a good games console. The iPod is a lousy games console but a good MP3 player. It deppends which you want.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karmum
Austin said:
"Jayge said:
"None of those games could possibly be loaded onto the PSP legally, so no, don't support this douchebag."
What do you mean? He said he bought these games on the Playstation store."
Wait, downloaded onto the PSP memory stick, and is only a 1GB memory stick? Yeah, sounds illegal. I knew it sounded weird when I was reading through it, you cannot download retail PSP games to your PSP...legally. And not yet, under the assumption that digital distribution becomes the way of the future.
Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Austin
MattyFTM said:
"It deppends whether you want an MP3 player or a portable games console. The PSP is a lousy MP3 player, but a good games console. The iPod is a lousy games console but a good MP3 player. It deppends which you want."
I forgot to say I also have a 8GB iPod Touch.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karmum
Austin said:
"MattyFTM said:
"It deppends whether you want an MP3 player or a portable games console. The PSP is a lousy MP3 player, but a good games console. The iPod is a lousy games console but a good MP3 player. It deppends which you want."
I forgot to say I also have a 8GB iPod Touch."
Again, from the way you are saying it, he downloaded those games illegally, obviously it sounds fishy. Since you have an iPod Touch (and if you don't use alot of music), try trading your iPod 30GB for actual cash. Use that money to get a PSP, and not go the route of having illegal downloads on your PSP.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
Austin said:
"Jayge said:
None of those games are available in the Playstation Store, so he's either lying, or he hacked the PSP, which would mean that the games would be unavailable to you if you updated the software officially and that you would be trafficking in illegal goods.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
Austin said:
"MattyFTM said:
Then do it. Sounds good to me, aside from the possible illegal nature.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Snipzor

No this is a terrible trade, and plus you are making a trade with "this dude from school" and there is little if not no guarantee of the legality of the trade itself. Not to forget that three games on one card is completely unrealistic and most likely a false claim that will screw you over if you do make said trade.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine
Austin said:
"MattyFTM said:
Than you should make the trade. You have no use for the 30 gb iPod any more and plus it is worth like $20 these days.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karmum
Wolverine said:
"Austin said:
"MattyFTM said:
Than you should make the trade. You have no use for the 30 gb iPod any more and plus it is worth like $20 these days."
What do you mean? The 30GB 5th generation still sells for $250 in places, whether or not that is a good deal. Saying it is only worth twenty dollars is silly.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolverine
Karmum said:
"Wolverine said:
"Austin said:
"MattyFTM said:
Than you should make the trade. You have no use for the 30 gb iPod any more and plus it is worth like $20 these days."
What do you mean? The 30GB 5th generation still sells for $250 in places, whether or not that is a good deal. Saying it is only worth twenty dollars is silly."
Not if the device is used. If you search on ebay you can find a used 30gb iPod for about $20.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Karmum
Wolverine said:
"Karmum said:
"Wolverine said:
"Austin said:
"MattyFTM said:
What do you mean? The 30GB 5th generation still sells for $250 in places, whether or not that is a good deal. Saying it is only worth twenty dollars is silly."
Not if the device is used. If you search on ebay you can find a used 30gb iPod for about $20."
They shouldn't be that cheap, but you can always jack up the prices of certain goods when you sell it to your friends.
Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hdfisise
Wolverine said:
"Karmum said:
"Wolverine said:
"Austin said:
"MattyFTM said:
Not if the device is used. If you search on ebay you can find a used 30gb iPod for about $20."
That is because that Ipod sucks if you read the description: I got over 3 hours of continuous play.

Wow.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crunchUK

Kids these days....

back in the day we used to trade pokemon cards all day long, not your fancy ipods and gaming machines

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karmum
Hdfisise said:
"Wolverine said:
"Karmum said:

That is because that Ipod sucks if you read the description: I got over 3 hours of continuous play.Wow."
That and the iPod looks like shit in general, alot of marks, and has a few dents, and on one of the angles it looks like some of it is out-of-place.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By KamasamaK
Jayge said:
"Austin said:
"Jayge said:
None of those games are available in the Playstation Store, so he's either lying, or he hacked the PSP, which would mean that the games would be unavailable to you if you updated the software officially and that you would be trafficking in illegal goods.
"
True, so I'd forget the games. But getting one flashed with CFW sounds good. The 1GB stick is pretty small, though.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Snail

DUDE!

Go for it.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine
crunchUK said:
"Kids these days....back in the day we used to trade pokemon cards all day long, not your fancy ipods and gaming machines"
Dude if you used to trade pokemon cards you are still probably a kid. I did to lol.