• 76 results
Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Max_Cherry

I refer to the people crowded outside Beth Israel Hospital in Boston where the bombing suspect is at Cheering. I hate what they did, but the kid is still fighting for his life and the other kid already died this morning. You would think those people should have more respect for human life. Just saying.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pr1mus

I can see this thread going to great places.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshwent

Revenge is one of the most powerful human desires.

Also, one of the worst.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

Can't blame them after what that kid subjected the entire city to. It's tough to judge people's actions if you aren't being directly effected by it.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Yes, they're totally all cheering because he's hurt and not because he's caught. Way to think that one out.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

You have to first give respect to get respect, these "kids" gave none so fuck them.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daveyo520

@barrabas said:

Yes, they're totally all cheering because he's hurt and not because he's caught. Way to think that one out.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Sergio

Pretty much this. People are glad he was caught alive so that we can understand why this happened, and if there are any ways to prevent this from happening again in the future. Chastising others about respecting human life when these two clearly didn't, without knowing the motivation of people cheering is laughable and sad.

@barrabas said:

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I think, in this case, the ratio of Hatred for a killer/Respect for Human life will weigh toward the former for most.

rotorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There was a picture that was circulating around the interwebs today that showed suspect #2 (the one that was caught) casually standing right next to the bomb that he had just placed on the ground adjacent to the 8 year old kid that passed away. He deserves no compassion from anyone.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Boo Hoo? If he didn't want to be in this position he shouldn't have killed an 8yr old kid among others. Fuck him. An eye for an eye.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just think they shouldn't do their cheering outside Beth Israel where doctors are trying to save his life which from the sounds of it are going poorly.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShaggE

Really? The guy killed, maimed, and injured people. Is it so terrible to cheer the police for protecting you and yours from further violence, and still managing to take him into custody alive? I get no joy from the fact that his brother is dead or that he is injured (that would put me on their level, even if his death may have saved others), but I'd have cheered right along with them as he was taken in. Not to twist the knife... he'll suffer plenty in prison if he survives the hospital, hopefully by having the weight of his actions dawn on him... but to congratulate those who ended his spree.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Sackmanjones

@yadilie said:

It's to be expected from a country that encourages the death penalty.

lol

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Really? The guy killed, maimed, and injured people. Is it so terrible to cheer the police for protecting you and yours from further violence, and still managing to take him into custody alive? I get no joy from the fact that his brother is dead or that he is injured (that would put me on their level, even if his death may have saved others), but I'd have cheered right along with them as he was taken in. Not to twist the knife... he'll suffer plenty in prison, hopefully by having the weight of his actions dawn on him... but to congratulate those who ended his spree.

this

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... But, why must they cheer outside Beth Israel?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Pieces of shit lost any sense of human respect when they blew people up.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By villainy

@sackmanjones said:

@yadilie said:

lol

In case you were unaware @yadilie this "lol" is shorthand for "You sound exactly like jdh5153", which is also shorthand for "You are posting a short inflammatory message simply to incite rage. You are a troll."

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's not a lynch mob, just people thanking the police. jeez.

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

Neither of the Boston Marathon Bombers should be considered "kids" they are grown men who made their choice. Attempting to hide the actions they made under the guise of adolescence and therefor worthy of pity is ridiculous. These two men knew what they were doing and knew that their actions would cause innocent civilians to die. Who the fuck cares that he is clinging to life. The only reason I hope he lives is so that the ATF and FBI have time to question him in order to prevent future attacks of this kind. They showed no respect for human life and they should get none in return.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Max_Cherry

... Then why don't they cheer outside Police Headquarters?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@villainy said:

@sackmanjones said:

@yadilie said:

lol

In case you were unaware @yadilie this "lol" is shorthand for "You sound exactly like jdh5153", which is also shorthand for "You are posting a short inflammatory message simply to incite rage. You are a troll."

How'd you know!?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@yadilie said:

We don't have the death penalty here in Massachusetts. The whole country isn't Texas.

@max_cherry said:

Because that's where he was taken, where else would they do it?

The people cheering are doing so because someone responsible for death, injury, and a day of fear and lockdown for the city of Boston has been apprehended, not because he was injured.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i kinda see where the OP is coming from, but 'disgusting' isn't the word i'd have chosen. this whole situation is just entirely and thoroughly depressing. it's great they got him, and even better that he's alive- but will the perhaps necessary and deserved brutalizing/interrogation he's presumably being subjected to bring back any of the souls we've lost? i'm not saying he shouldn't be made to answer for what he's presumably (hasn't been proven yet) done- but his suffering will not mitigate the suffering of those in hospital or mourning lost ones. and the chants of "USA!" when the arrest was made did make my stomach turn...and i'm saying that as an american. it's great to have pride in protective services- they did a tremendous job. but i'm not sure enthusiastic nationalism is the most appropriate response.

this is sadly the sort of situation where nobody wins, we all just lose.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@yadilie said:

lol

Hah! My new favorite reply to dumb posts that I figured out today is 'lol'. I'm glad I'm not the only one that uses that tactic. I'm finding it to be a ton of fun.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Outside the police station!

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@yadilie said:

Was going to counter with the number of states that don't have it, but that number is only 17. So yeah, the majority of the United States still endorses this practice. Major props to Michigan by the way, got rid of it about 160 years ago.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@max_cherry:

I get where you're coming from man but a big part of me says just let them have this for a week or however long it lasts. They aren't going to do this forever and doing it doesn't change anything. They are making as much of an impact on the world chanting out in public that they would if they were chanting privately. So who fucking cares?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SexyToad

I wouldn't say "disgusting." I think that the crowd cheering is just a bit turning. You should be cheering that he was captured. I am happy that he was caught, but really cheering outside the hospital chanting USA? Go home with your families.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mellotronrules: He's not being subjected to anything right now other than treatment to save his life.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just seems like tragedy turned into a nationalized circus.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:

@mellotronrules: He's not being subjected to anything right now other than treatment to save his life.

i heard on the bbc that one of the feds said he will be "questioned" tonight. who knows what kind of "questioning" that will be.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:

i heard on the bbc that one of the feds said he will be "questioned" tonight. who knows what kind of "questioning" that will be.

"Would you like a shot of Vodka?"

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:

I can see them questioning him without the quotes if they think he won't make it, or if they have suspicion of an immediate threat, which may be the case since they're using the public safety exception to reading him his Miranda rights. I don't see them going Jack Bauer on his ass tonight.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mellotronrules

@sergio said:

@mellotronrules said:

@sergio said:

I can see them questioning him without the quotes if they think he won't make it, or if they have suspicion of an immediate threat, which may be the case since they're using the public safety exception to reading him his Miranda rights. I don't see them going Jack Bauer on his ass tonight.

i mean sure, it's all speculation. but the point is they're going to get their claws into him as soon as they can, and depending on his health (and whether or not it fails), that might be sooner than later. moreover- his weakened state might make him more susceptible to interrogation. i'm not sure if they'll go full 'jack bauer' on him, but i doubt it's a 'rest up buddy and we'll deal with this in the morning' kind of situation. they want as much as they can get as quickly as they can get it, and i doubt we'll be privy to their methods. i mean, they are calling him a 'terrorist' at this point, so i think the public safety exception is all but guaranteed.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: I rather enjoy seeing the lols as opposed to pages of pointless arguments against simple trolls and straight up megalomaniacs. There are several people on these forums who have made attempts at intelligent discourse with those types and it's unfortunate to see them waste their good efforts where three basic letters would suffice.

That said, I do think it's worthwhile to lead the lol chain with a basic explanation of why further attempts of assery will be met with nothing but a hearty text based laugh.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hunkulese

It just seems like tragedy turned into a nationalized circus.

I don't know what your problem is. The one thing you can't fault about your country is how the band together and respond to terrorism.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zella

@yadilie said:

We don't have the death penalty here in Massachusetts. The whole country isn't Texas.

@max_cherry said:

Because that's where he was taken, where else would they do it?

The people cheering are doing so because someone responsible for death, injury, and a day of fear and lockdown for the city of Boston has been apprehended, not because he was injured.

Personally I think they should be celebrating but just not right outside the place where he is being held, the people have every right to celebrate their relief but to do so outside the hospital just seems classless to me. It makes them seem like they are gloating against him rather than celebrating that they united together and remembering those lost or injured. The guy is most likely total scum, I say most likely cause it's still possible he could have been manipulated or something, and he deserves to be punished severely for what he has done. They shouldn't be celebrating that they captured him but that the time of fear is over and that no one else will be hurt by him, which can be done anywhere.

P.S. Also the majority of states still maintain the death penalty, Texas just has a shit ton more executions then any other state(according to Wikipedia nearly 400 more).

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just feels off. Also, Twitter makes it worse.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It just feels off. Also, Twitter makes it worse.

you should know by now that twitter makes EVERYTHING worse.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexytoad said:

I wouldn't say "disgusting." I think that the crowd cheering is just a bit turning. You should be cheering that he was captured. I am happy that he was caught, but really cheering outside the hospital chanting USA? Go home with your families.

That's pretty much how I feel. I cringed when the USA chanting began.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By oraknabo

@wesleywyndam said:

The great irony is that the Tsarnaevs are American citizens. Only for about a year, but still legally as American as those chanters.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By inkerman

I think the chanting, as stated, is mostly because of his capture vs his injuries, and I think people are way too high and mighty about this shit (like the criticism of the parties after Bin Laden was killed). We're allowed to say "fuck those guys".

Having said that, what I find more inappropriate is the Boston PD twitter feed, specifically the "justice is done" line. Information only should be provided through that feed, not any celebratory or other such comments.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By korolev

Disgusting? Yeah, maybe, a bit. But we're human. The disgusting parts of ourselves cannot be so easily got rid of.

Actually, I'm not that disgusted. Although we're all technically supposed to say "alleged bomber", I'd wager he's the bomber. And I don't really care about him. Not all human life is equal. The Nazis were humans. Hitler was a human. When Hitler died and when a lot of horrible Nazis died, would you call the Jews "disgusting" for cheering at their deaths? I wouldn't. When they executed Eichmann, many Jews and Israelis were happy, and there's nothing wrong with that, considering what a monster Eichmann was.

Now, these two bombers aren't Nazis. They're not Eichmann and their crimes are not nearly comparable. They killed three and injured many more, and that is bad, but yes, they didn't kill millions like Eichmann did (or helped do). But they're still bad folks who did harm. That chinese student who died, she didn't deserve to die. That 8-year old kid, he didn't deserve to die. That poor graduate student, she didn't deserve to die. Those lives deserved respect, respect the bombers did not have. Why should we respect their life, if they so clearly did not respect others? Respect is given to those who show respect. The bombers showed no respect. They, therefore, get none.

I will say that the reaction of some Americans, while not disgusting, is a little bit over-the-top. As tragic as the Boston Marathon Bombings were, it was no 9/11 and these people were not being hunted for over a decade. So it is strange that they are acting like they got Bin Laden all over again. As for the cheering - those directly affected by the blasts (and no, living in the same city doesn't count as being directly affected, nor does being told to stay home a day count as being directly affected), might have reason to cheer. But those who weren't? Go home. You have better things to do. Stop acting like you caught a super-villain after a long running battle.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By Justin258

Do I think that cheering is necessarily the right or the best thing to do? Hmmm... not necessarily, no. But you'll get no sympathy from me for the bomber; I blame no one that is or was out there cheering.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@sexytoad said:

My thoughts exactly.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By stonyman65

Fuck 'em.

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexytoad said: