• 69 results
#1 Posted by Suits (252 posts) -

So I was watching the 'episode 0' of the Amnesia Fortnight daily update videos. During the pitch for Autonomous I noticed this  and wondered if that was Ryan visiting Double Fine or not and got confused. (small picture for comparison). I usually don't look at someone's face that closely, so I'm not sure :)

#2 Posted by Zaccheus (1797 posts) -

Wow, a Ryan doppelgänger!

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

What the hell is an Amnesia Fortnight daily update, and what is Autonomous?

Anyway, that picture is FUCKING creepy because the dude you're talking about looks like his evil twin or something. Not quite him, and not quite different. Fuck my mind.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (22067 posts) -

No, this is Patrick... Sorry.

And no that also isn't Ryan, but it's yet another pretty good lookalike. When the Giant Bomb film is underway, they're going to have so many suitable candidates to play Ryan.

#5 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Oh Jesus Christ. I don't know, this guy looks exactly the same but slightly...off.

#6 Posted by Village_Guy (2638 posts) -

An Evil Ryan has appeared!

#7 Posted by Nottle (1917 posts) -

Hmm. Remember that one comedian that looked sort of like Tyan. At least when he covered his eyes it was spot on. Same body type and clothes,

#8 Posted by JonSmith (171 posts) -

#9 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2025 posts) -

First off, creepy thread.

Secondly, take the hook off the guy's nose and holy shit.

#10 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3906 posts) -

Oh wow. That's one of the best lookalikes I've seen on here. That's definitely Evil Ryan.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#12 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2162 posts) -

This is the first time one of these "look-a-likes" has actually looked like one of the crew. Its weird.

#13 Posted by Sgtpierceface (632 posts) -

Is it Jeff Solis? He's a DF employee who kinda looks like Ryan.

#14 Posted by NTM (7486 posts) -

Ha ha, wow, that's great. It isn't him, but the resemblance is funny.

#15 Posted by Ben_H (3384 posts) -

Evil Ryan. He is Ryan's Hugo.

#16 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

That's remarkable.

#17 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Everyone in the video game world have an evil doppelganger. It's just a known fact.

#18 Edited by alternate (2717 posts) -

Hardly an Evil Twin. If anything that must be the Good Ryan. He is just scowling because he heard someone make a slightly racist joke and he can't stand political incorrectness or workplace bullying.

#19 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

An Evil Ryan has appeared!

Would an evil Ryan Davis be a force for good or evil? Should we FUCK EVIL RYAN DAVIS?

#20 Posted by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -

@JonSmith said:

Perfect use.

#21 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Fhat the wuck

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

@alternate said:

Hardly an Evil Twin. If anything that must be the Good Ryan. He is just scowling because he heard someone make a slightly racist joke and he can't stand political incorrectness or workplace bullying.

Hahaha.

#23 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3196 posts) -

Reminds me of this.

#24 Posted by kindgineer (2771 posts) -

Wow, this is definitely the best look-a-like I've seen posted here. It's almost terrifying.

#25 Posted by DeathByWaffle (641 posts) -

That is uncanny.

#26 Posted by President_Barackbar (3467 posts) -

Looks like a cross between Ryan and Gabe Newell

#27 Posted by meaninoflife42 (522 posts) -

An Evil Ryan? This must be the darkest timeline.

#28 Edited by emilknievel (70 posts) -

Kinda looks like a Ryan-Gaben combo to me. Hmm.

Edit: @President_Barackbar said:

Looks like a cross between Ryan and Gabe Newell

Didn't see your post. I agree!

#29 Posted by otoboke (51 posts) -

@alternate said:

Haha. Spot on!

#30 Posted by TheHT (11526 posts) -

Crazy.

#31 Posted by deano546 (183 posts) -

I watched the video a few hours ago and didn't see this guy at all. Nice spot.

#32 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2906 posts) -

The nose & set of the eyes is different...how odd that a face can be 98% the same but our minds can still see a difference.   The predatory mammal brain is a fantastic biological-machine.

#33 Posted by Jams (2962 posts) -
#34 Edited by BaconGames (3488 posts) -

I thought everyone knew Geoff Soulis looks like a lot like Ryan. Go figure.

#35 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

@Jams said:

And so, it begins.

#36 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Ryan Davis just looks like your typical fat man. Beyond a certain level of fatness the globular fattyness begins to take over and morphs the person into a rounded plumper. Bone structure gets suffocated, so cheekboness and jawlines are no longer visible. This is what the fat wants, turning individuals into amorphous blobs.

#37 Posted by BBQBram (2259 posts) -

Yeah, no, he kinda looks like him, but I didn't have to do a double take to be sure it's not him. The brain just knows these things instantly.

#38 Edited by Suits (252 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Sorry if you think it's inappropriately placed. I was genuinely shocked when I saw this and unsure if this was him or not, maybe because of their ties with Double Fine. Could not have been a doppelganger for all I know :p

#39 Posted by Suits (252 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: I didn't really bother to explain that, since I wanted to get straight to the point and figured you could just look it up. But the humblebundle site is partnering with Double Fine Productions to do this thing called Amnesia Fortnight. In which DF employees pitch their ideas for games that they would like to make. Contributors then get to vote on which ones they'd like to see realized and the top 5 games will get 2 weeks of company development. This process is again (like their Kickstarter game) recorded by 2 Players Productions and shown updates in daily videos. The image was of the first update video, specifically the recorded Autonomous pitch.

#40 Posted by Icemo (644 posts) -

@Suits: No need to say sorry to VGK about making this thread. That 3 year old thread about gb look-alikes is crappy.

#41 Posted by morningthief (76 posts) -

Evil Ryan is redundant. looks like a Ryan/Gaben hybrid.

#42 Posted by LastNinja (281 posts) -

Tron Ryan

#43 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

@LastNinja said:

Tron Ryan

Yes.

#44 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

It's his body double so the Fuck Ryan Davis Militia will take him out instead.

#45 Posted by planetary (350 posts) -

I am pretty pissed off that this thread is on page 3 and we haven't figured out who Tron Ryan is. Dammit.

#46 Edited by ThePickle (4186 posts) -

No, I think it's Jeff Solus.

Edit: Apparently it's Geoff Soulis, not Jeff Solus. Totally different guy.

#47 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2027 posts) -

It's close, very close, but the eyes and nose are slightly different.

#48 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

The chick looks hot....well, that one half of her face does.

#49 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Seriously, if you put your hand over his face from below the eyes down, it IS Ryan.

#50 Posted by jsnyder82 (744 posts) -

I'm still not convinced it ISN'T Ryan. This is the only one of these threads where the comparison is actually valid. I'm tired of seeing pictures of skinny white guys with jew-fros and everybody saying it's Patrick.