Is wellsfargo better than Bank of America?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

I'm honestly considering aw itching banks. I'm annoyed at bank of America's fees for using the tellers and they kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm considering Wells Fargo, but there lack of ATMs concern me. I only plan on having a checking and savings account now. I'm not sure which is the better bank. Anyone have any input on this?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

the best thing to do is check for local credit unions in your area, really

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword

Not sure if credit unions are the best thing. Lack of ATMs

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

Go to Chase, tell them you are in college.

Bam, an account with no fees even for overdrafting or having less than 50 bucks in your checking.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus
@Animasta said:

Indeed. My credit union has never really given me any hassle, and they've got at least 10 free ATMs set up (in my town, of course). If it's the ATM fees that are bugging you, just find whichever bank/credit union in your area that has the most free access to them. When it comes to banks, most advice is going to vary by location. But yes, in general, credit unions really are the best thing.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

I never had an issue with Wells Fargo, though I only ended up with an account with them because the regional bank at which the account was created was bought out and became a Wells Fargo.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DrPockets000

No experience with BoA. However, Wells Fargo does some weird shit and pelt you will all kinds of calls, as well as take around twice as long on average to process anything. I am very happy with Chase, but a Credit Union usually has really low rates if that's what you're looking for.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ravensword

I want a bank that has good customer service and is one i can trust to be with. There is a wellsfargo iny town. I was just concerned about finding ATMs when I'm traveling or whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had Wellsfargo until they told me I needed to deposit $500 a month or have a balance of $1500. As others have said I'd go to a credit union. Try to find a Co-Op one like Navy Federal and you will be able to use the ATMs of multiple places.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By PerryVandell

I recommend finding a decent credit union.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By toowalrus

I've actually got quite a few questions here. Are there actually banks that have a nationwide network of free ATMs? And if you use a competitors ATM, don't they usually charge only a buck or two? That doesn't seem like a big deal unless you're traveling very frequently and are always needing to withdraw cash... And what do you need all of that cash for, anyway? I literally can't think of any stores around here that won't accept debit cards. Again, I'd focus mainly on finding the best local solution, and bite the bullet on the couple of extra bucks you're going to spend when you're traveling and really need cash. So, if the real issue here is free ATM availability, just look at the ATM machines around the shops you visit, and use whatever bank they belong to.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Raven10

@TooWalrus said:

I've actually got quite a few questions here. Are there actually banks that have a nationwide network of free ATMs? And if you use a competitors ATM, don't they usually charge only a buck or two? That doesn't seem like a big deal unless you're traveling very frequently and are always needing to withdraw cash... And what do you need all of that cash for, anyway? I literally can't think of any stores around here that won't accept debit cards. Again, I'd focus mainly on finding the best local solution, and bite the bullet on the couple of extra bucks you're going to spend when you're traveling and really need cash. So, if the real issue here is free ATM availability, just look at the ATM machines around the shops you visit, and use whatever bank they belong to.

Bank of America and Chase have pretty massive networks of ATM machines. I just recently got a Bank of America account and haven't had to withdraw any money from an ATM. But as far as I know Chase offers some accounts with free ATM withdrawals and there are Chase banks most anywhere in the country. I had a PNC account before my BoA account and that had free withdrawals, but the reason I switched to BoA is because I moved and they don't have nationwide coverage so there was no PNC around here. But there are definitely banks that offer pretty extensive coverage of free ATM's. As for charges for other banks' ATM's, the charge depends on a lot of factors including the bank in question and the location of the ATM. Usually I've found $2 is what they charge, but I've been charged as much as $5. Don't remember the situation that was in but the fees can get high. Finally, there are a lot of small shops in either major cities or rural areas that accept cash only. Their number is going down but they do exist and can even be common depending on where you live. I lived in Chicago for example and some places took only cash, while others required that you spend a minimum amount to use a debit card. So if I just wanted to go into a drugstore and pick up a coke chances are I wouldn't hit the minimum and I would have to pay cash.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By coaxmetal

@Raven_Sword said:

Not sure if credit unions are the best thing. Lack of ATMs

ime there's plenty. It's 2012, do you really still rely on paper? Only reason to care about an ATM in TYOOL2012 is I guess depositing a paper check that some old person gave you, if you really need to handle cash money, you can get that from a gas station or grocery store.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By darkdragonmage99

well considering that bank of america is a bunch of criminals who foreclose on peoples houses who are up on their payments I should stop now before i go on a 2 page rant

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Animasta said:

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ravensword

I think I wanna switch from BofA mainly because I felt they lied to me about charging me a fee with using their tellers. But I honestly can't imagine many time I WOULD go in the bank to pull or deposit money. Maybe I just wanna go with wells because of a image thing.