Is your bombduder in that horse? A Hannibal Thread.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By personandstuff

A thread for the TV show Hannibal. Because it's great. And Scully stuck her hand down Spock's throat.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dudacles

Oh man, the new season is here? I would've never known if not for this thread. Thank you, topic creator man!

Off to acquire that right now.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this show. The season premiere last week was a tad confusing, but I think tomorrow's episode will clear things up. I'm still surprised the show hasn't been cancelled yet because I don't get the sense that viewership is high (season 2 aired at 10 PM EST on Fridays... normally that would kill a show) but I'm happy it still exists and hopefully more people recognize the high quality, intelligent mix of action, horror, drama and styyyyyyle that the show provides.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this show. The season premiere last week was a tad confusing, but I think tomorrow's episode will clear things up. I'm still surprised the show hasn't been cancelled yet because I don't get the sense that viewership is high (season 2 aired at 10 PM EST on Fridays... normally that would kill a show) but I'm happy it still exists and hopefully more people recognize the high quality, intelligent mix of action, horror, drama and styyyyyyle that the show provides.

I have heard that the show costs little for NBC to air and that combines with the amazing reviews compels them to keep it on the air.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@technician said:

I have heard that the show costs little for NBC to air and that combines with the amazing reviews compels them to keep it on the air.

Yeah, it's a foreign grant sort of thing that makes it cheap enough to continue.

Great show, one of my favorites. I rewatched some stuff in the first two seasons with commentary recently, and it loses a lot without the suspense. But it's damn fine and incredibly well-made. I remember wondering why it was even called Hannibal earlier on, until you slowly realize how much he's been directing events the whole time.

The dark tone reminds me of early Dexter, except this is completely bleak all the time. Fuller mentioned season 3 being more black comedy which I don't necessarily understand, but I'm looking forward to seeing where they go. It's the first time Lecter's in a position to be completely unhinged.

I remember the season 1 finale (when Will is losing his shit) and having to turn it off. I was binge-watching late at night and it just got to be too much with that stag man. Last time I had to stop a show midway through an episode was Twin Peaks.

And I remember watching that season 2 finale and all of a sudden realizing OH GOD, EVERYONE IS BLEEDING OUT!! It was absolutely incredible and took a risk that not many shows would take for finale. Considering it could've been a series finale in which the bad guy won.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In really excited for the new season. The first episode had some amazing cinematography, but I found it a bit to stand alone.

Mads Mikkelsen has really made Hannibal come alive, and I just love seeing him play this intriguing and mesmerizing monster.

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This and Rectify are the best shows on TV.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I had mixed feelings about the show. I heard so much great things about it I watched the first 2 seasons and just didn't see the perfect near scores everyone was giving it.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting episode... This season is moving at a slower pace than the last two so far. It seems to be building up to something big though.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it's taking its sweet time. That twist was rather effective, though.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am kind of angry at Will for forgiving Hannibal. Right now he's just angry at himself. But really, Hannibal killed her purely out of petty revenge. Serial killer breakups are hard.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So I'm one episode behind, saw the human stag heart thing. Holy shit I know this show is on at 10 o'clock, but how is it allowed to be full of this nightmare fuel?

PS: I love that it is full of all this craziness, probably my favorite show right now.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Sterling

That last line in the last episode.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Technician

What's the name of the new character? Jill? I couldn't quite hear her when I was watching. I'm interested in her character though, excited to see what Will and her get up to. The pace of this season is really quite slow though. I'm hoping it is all just building up to some huge, crazy moment.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@technician: The new character is Chiyoh.

Don't know about you but I have a hard time hearing the dialogue on this show sometimes, particularly from Mads Mikkelsen.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss some of the dialogue, and it's probably due to my inadequacy when listening to accents.

These 3 episodes have all been about this dreamlike existentialism, but the preview for the next one makes it seem like things are about to get down and dirty.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Yeah I'm getting a little impatient for some plot momentum. Hannibal is at its best when it balances story with its artistic vision. Too much emphasis on heavy handed symbolism and circuitous philosophical conversations for my liking thus far...which is why i'm looking forward to next week myself.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121: Yeah totally. And I don't have a surround sound set up in my place so I have to max out my TV volume when I'm watching haha. But I'm getting better at hearing his dialogue, I just think it's an accent you get used to after a while.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#19  Edited By SMTDante89

Some sad news, it looks like NBC has canceled Hannibal.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Technician

@smtdante89: Yep just heard about that. Shit. I guess we have 10 more episodes to enjoy... damn...

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Some sad news, it looks like NBC has canceled Hannibal.

Damnit, although I really wouldn't be surprised if someone else picks it up. It really seems like one of those shows that would thrive in a Netflix like setting.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit, I hope someone picks it up.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By csl316

I'm just glad it's gone as long as it has.

Seems like Hannibal Lecter is the biggest thing the De Laurentiis crew has going. Even if the show is canceled, I would expect them to look high and low for a new network (Amazon's been brought up before). Or possibly Kickstart a movie to finish the story. I know there's more they want to tell.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As much as I loved the first two seasons, I can kind of side with NBC the way things have been going so far this season. Based on what I read online, I am curious to see how the next 4 eps play out.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk if I was the only one, but I had a huge smile on my face during the last scene of last week's ep.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spitters are quitters.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@personandstuff: It's not your fault but I initially thought this was a thread about the Carthaginian general Hannibal and I was so disappointed when I realized my mistake.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As if this season hadn't had enough (what I call) "artistic masturbation" they figured "Hey, Lets do a sex scene through a kaleidoscope".

JeremyKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This season rules so far and is really reminding me of Nicholas Winding Refn's work. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow that was probably the best episode of the whole series so far. Of course, it happens when almost nobody is watching.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, fuck them for canceling this. Its just getting good.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Technician

How do you guys feel about how they are handling the Red Dragon plot line? I'm really enjoying it so far.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying it.

It's weird to see Will in a more grounded situation. He was in Hannibal la-la land pretty much since the pilot.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't kill the chill.