Is your iPhone / iPod Touch jailbroken?

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lashe

Just wondering how many of you have jailbroken Touch / iPhone devices. My iPhone is jailbroken, mainly for the homebrew applications made by third party developers such as Cycorder -- it absolutely sucked not having video support natively in the iPhone

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By twenty0ne

When I had an iTouch, I didn't have it jailbroken.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By harris

No.. I don't pirate apps or use any jailbreak-only apps. There are a few I would use.. but it seems like too much of a hassle.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah, my touch is at the 1.1, I've got all of the NES, SNES, and Genesis emulators on it, which got me through some boring classes in high school.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By fr0br0

I would. But I updated my Iphone to the point where jailbreaks don't work with it... Now I just wait until they make an updated jailbreak that works with my 2.28 firmware.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus
Fr0Br0 said:
"I would. But I updated my Iphone to the point where jailbreaks don't work with it... Now I just wait until they make an updated jailbreak that works with my 2.28 firmware."
You can get around that, but it's pretty shady. I got it my first try though, no sweat.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By dsplayer1010

No

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hughes

Rolled with a Jailbroken one for a while, then stopped using the Jailbreak and went back to the real thing. Apple replaced that touch with a new one because of an unrelated hardware problem and I've used this one un-jailbroken ever since. Currently running legit 2.2 firmware.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RetroIce4

No, but it isn't my iTouch.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine
Lashe said:
"Just wondering how many of you have jailbroken Touch / iPhone devices. My iPhone is jailbroken, mainly for the homebrew applications made by third party developers such as Cycorder -- it absolutely sucked not having video support natively in the iPhone"
My cousin has his iPhone jail broken and loves it.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By fr0br0
TooWalrus said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"I would. But I updated my Iphone to the point where jailbreaks don't work with it... Now I just wait until they make an updated jailbreak that works with my 2.28 firmware."
You can get around that, but it's pretty shady. I got it my first try though, no sweat."
Is it downgrading? Meh, I'd rather not risk it.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine

Dude, can jail breaking your iPhone brick it?

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lashe

Well I've had absolutely no problems with it. All the jailbreak seems to do is have you boot into service mode and install a modified firmware. If you use a respected program like quickpwn it is very easy to do and takes all of 10 mins to do. Also, a lot of people are under the impression that you just get cracked apps etc, but there is actually a massive support from indie devs for the iPhone/iTouch making some really great and useful applications that are so good that I've not even bothered looking at cracked apps. Really worthwhile move, I totally recommend it.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By DJ_Lae

I thought about it, but I can't be bothered with the hassle, especially with a ton of apps (perhaps too many) flooding the app store.

That and some of the more interesting features like menu and background customization generally look like ass.

Emulators are tempting, though, but with no real buttons I doubt I'd play them much.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm thinking about jail breaking it so I could use it as a modem for mobile internet, but I'm not sure, it's a lot of hassle.