• 64 results
Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

How else am I gonna watch the latest episode of Dexter from here in the UK?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MrKlorox

Won't have an impact. It might persuade one or two first time pirates to stop, but that's it.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By mesoian

@Ghost_Cat said:

So coming the next few months will be a warning system from your ISP when they "detect" illegal content is being uploaded or downloaded via P2P software like bitTorrent. You can read all of it here (it's not that long), but basically you will be warned at first, follow by various consequences your ISP has set up. They cannot, however, cut you out of there services (Of course, why would they want to?). So how do you guys feel about this, and what do you see in the future for file sharing networks? Do you think the ISPs will receive a backlash from the people? Will it affect anything at all? Personally, I feel like file sharing has slowly gotten out of this public mindset as something terrible, and people have found unique ways of marketing their material through P2P networks. I also think this will do nothing to increase the profits for content's creators.

If you have verizon or comcast, this has already been in place for years.

It's nothing that serious.

@PillClinton said:

@jozzy said:

Nice, way to get hung up on semantics. Actually, you're wrong, but admittedly that's probably my fault because I could've been more clear about my own personal circumstances, which is the fact that I consume exactly 1 HBO show, Real Time with Bill Maher (I was honestly a bit hesitant to even mention that, as I've received enough flak for liking that show on these very forums in the past). Real Time is extremely topical and time-sensitive, and it's not even close to up to date on iTunes (with the exception of a gimped audio version). So, yes, while not 'forced,' I have to pirate in order to watch the video of that one show, even though I'd happily pay for it. It's not liking I'm asking a lot, either. What I want is actually happening in Scandinavia.

Can't you get HBOgo?

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By chrissedoff

I torrent TV shows that I have the channel for all the time. As soon as my Internet starts getting slowed down because I'm a nasty bad pirate, I'm switching providers.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Milkman

I'm not going to advocate piracy but no good will ever come of this. Stop trying to regulate the internet.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By _Zombie_

@development said:

@Stete said:

Yeah, best of luck to them in successfully implementing a system like that. I'm sure that measures like this won't put the blame on innocent people who have no idea what p2p is just because someone in their neighborhood downloaded an episode of Dexter, nor will the nefarious pirates find a way around it. No sir.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ShockD

This ain't happening on my continent, it isn't.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By eclipsesis

@Jrinswand said:

@Alexander said:
Piracy is a consumer choice that benefits all customers
What?

I've studies business and management for close to 8 years, Its sad but he is correct. If publishers knew you had no other alternative but to buy from them they would hike prices so high, that every time you wanted a game you would have to remorgage :), the threat of a illegal and complete free alternative scares them shitless and it means i get my games at a competitive rather than extortionate price. This idea applies to almost everything however not just games. I don't pirate myself and its shocking to see the effect it has on developers. However i can understand domino effect it has on publishers and how EVERYBODY including the self righious nobers benefit from it.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@Mesoian said:

@jozzy said:

Nice, way to get hung up on semantics. Actually, you're wrong, but admittedly that's probably my fault because I could've been more clear about my own personal circumstances, which is the fact that I consume exactly 1 HBO show, Real Time with Bill Maher (I was honestly a bit hesitant to even mention that, as I've received enough flak for liking that show on these very forums in the past). Real Time is extremely topical and time-sensitive, and it's not even close to up to date on iTunes (with the exception of a gimped audio version). So, yes, while not 'forced,' I have to pirate in order to watch the video of that one show, even though I'd happily pay for it. It's not liking I'm asking a lot, either. What I want is actually happening in Scandinavia.

Can't you get HBOgo?

To get HBOgo you have to have HBO, they don't offer it by itself, which means he would still have to pay over $100 a month for cable just to watch one show.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By viking_funeral

It sounds like the old system, but this time you get more warnings.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By iam3green

yep, there will be a way around it. i just feel like there is going to be a way around it. piracy has been around for a while now. there really isn't a way around as someone will find a way around it.

i don't pirate too much stuff. sometimes it will be stuff that is old. companies shouldn't care about older stuff as they're not getting money from it as they have new stuff.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By wadtomaton

This type of shit doesn't even work properly all of the time on youtube. If Google can't get this shit right, what chance do a bunch of old fucks in suits have? This will go terribly. But hey, when it all goes horribly sideways and doesn't work right, at least nobody will be able to start a class action lawsuit against them (at least in the US). Progress!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Slower internet and forcing you to read "education materials." That's satellite internet in a nutshell.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By mesoian

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

@Mesoian said:

@jozzy said:

Can't you get HBOgo?

To get HBOgo you have to have HBO, they don't offer it by itself, which means he would still have to pay over $100 a month for cable just to watch one show.

I thought they actually started offering it on their own.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PillClinton

@Mesoian said:

@Lego_My_Eggo said:

@Mesoian said:

@jozzy said:

Can't you get HBOgo?

I thought they actually started offering it on their own.

Indeed they did, but only in Scandinavia. It's called HBO Nordic, and I think it hasn't even officially started just yet.