Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

https://twitter.com/#!/GroovyBruce/status/189836240244322304

I'm definitely torn on what to think about an Evil Dead remake. On one hand, Evil Dead 2 is basically a remake of Evil Dead anyway, albeit with a budget and is probably considered cannon more than the first one, since it carries into AoD.

The fact that Campbell and Raimi are involved in the project makes me excited to see what comes from it though. I am a huge fan of the original trilogy of movies, saw AoD 5 times in the theater, so yeah, if they can keep the feel of the original movies, I'm probably looking forward to this more than I should be.

I survived a Clash of the Titans remake that probably goes down as the worst remake/reboot of all time, so I can't see it being any worse than that atrocity.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jking47

My first thought is that it is going to be fucking terrible, but maybe with Campbell still there they might be able to pull something off, I am still doubtful though.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

Do we know who plays Ash or is it still Bruce Campbell? Because it should be Bruce Campbell, but I'm thinking it won't be.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

As soon as I heard that Diablo Cody had helped write the script, and after reading some excerpts of dialogue from it, I have lost all hope in this being anywhere near decent, even with Campbell and Raimi producing. Of course, I would love to be proven wrong, but the ED trilogy are my all-time favorite movies, so I'm probably biased against any kind of remake, but what I've seen of the script pisses me off to no end.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@Redbullet685: It should be, but he's only listed as Producer as this point, and I'm pretty sure he's mentioned that it wouldn't be him.

Based on the description, the lead character seems to be a chick named Mia, so there may not even be an Ash.

I just made myself sad.

MrBoBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrBoBo

Doesn't need to exist.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Sooperspy

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@Redbullet685: It should be, but he's only listed as Producer as this point, and I'm pretty sure he's mentioned that it wouldn't be him.

Based on the description, the lead character seems to be a chick named Mia, so there may not even be an Ash.

I just made myself sad.

Mia? Ughhhhhhh, I just don't see Evil Dead being the same without Ash, and I especially don't see it being the same with a girl as the main character. Are we going to hear "Hail to the queen, baby."?

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sawtooth

i don't know about this...

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By mordukai

Is Bruce playing Ash? If it's anyone else then count me out. It's not that Bruce Campbell is the only one that should play him but that Bruce Campbell is Ash.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jay444111

If this fails... there is going to be a shitton of Evil Dead fans that WILL want someones head on a pike after this. I can garentee it.

Hoffafiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hoffafiles

He said he's not playing Ash, but you never know. I'm curious to see what he thinks a remake should be like though.

Seems he wants to do a new Xena movie too, lol.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By crusader8463

Will wait to see some trailers before I condemn the movie.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By crusader8463

@WhiskeyAbe said:

He said he's not playing Ash, but you never know. I'm curious to see what he thinks a remake should be like though.

Seems he wants to do a new Xena movie too, lol.

As someone who grew up with that show I would love to see that.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@MrBoBo said:

Doesn't need to exist.

20x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 20x6

They should just remaster the old one and make it in 3D. I was too young to watch this movie in theater... I'd love to now :)

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Total Recall, now this. Stop fucking with good films, people.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Scooper

Bruce as Ash basically made that movie what it was. Without him to lead the film it can only disappoint lol. But whatever.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ninjakiller

Bad idea is a bad idea.

MrBoBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrBoBo

@James_Giant_Peach said:

I agree. That new Total Recall looks absolutely shit. Seriously fucking Colin Farrell with some generic blade runner enviroment. It looks about as cynical a cash in as you can get.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrKlorox
@rebgav said:

I really don't understand why anyone would be interested in an Evil Dead movie directed by not-Raimi and starring not-Campbell. Isn't it just a brand name on a movie poster at that point?

Whatever, we'll always have Evil Dead 2.

Basically this. Besides like the OP mentioned, Evil Dead 2 is already basically a remake. They should just call this one THE Evil Dead.
BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BoOzak

@MrBoBo said:

@James_Giant_Peach said:

I agree. That new Total Recall looks absolutely shit. Seriously fucking Colin Farrell with some generic blade runner enviroment. It looks about as cynical a cash in as you can get.

No remake can beat my resentment of the new Total Recall. At first I held out hope since the directors done some okay films in the past (in my opinion) but that trailer made me die alittle inside ;(

As for Evil Dead I think the fanbase is so niche it'd be crazy to do anything other than appeal to the fans, but my cynicism (and recent remakes) tells me they'll do something to fuck it up.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By viking_funeral

@crusader8463 said:

Will wait to see some trailers before I condemn the movie.

Pretty much this. It will be hard to top the first remake, though.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I have to watch the originals so I can accurately complain about this.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By KaneRobot

@MrKlorox said:

@rebgav said:

I really don't understand why anyone would be interested in an Evil Dead movie directed by not-Raimi and starring not-Campbell. Isn't it just a brand name on a movie poster at that point?

Whatever, we'll always have Evil Dead 2.

Basically this. Besides like the OP mentioned, Evil Dead 2 is already basically a remake. They should just call this one THE Evil Dead.

The first film WAS called "The Evil Dead." Most people just refer to it as Evil Dead. Maybe it could be The The Evil Dead.

Had no idea Campbell wasn't going to be in this. If that's the case, forget this nonsense. First they shitcan what would have been a highly entertaining Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash in favor of crappy Nightmare and Friday the 13th remakes, now this. I guess that character may really never pop up again.

Owlhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Owlhead

I'm not sure haw to feel about the reboot, but if Campbell approves i suppose i have to trust him.

Hail to the chin

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JazGalaxy

Huh. I'm super excited about the new total recall. I love the old one and the concept of everyone out to get one guy is so great that I'll take it anywhere. I never get sick of it. That's why shadow run in the snes is one of my favorite games.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By GunstarRed

I bet there will be far less tree rape this time around. The biggest worry is Diablo Cody and her terrible writing, Juno and Jennifers Body are almost intolerable at times. Some remakes do turn out ok though, and I really don't get the hate for the Total Recall trailer. I LOVE the arnie film, but I thought that new version looked really cool.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zeforgotten

Meh, still have the old ones so if this movie suck, guess what? Nothing will have changed. 
I can still watch the old moives. 

donkeyscrotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By donkeyscrotes

I absolutely love Evil Dead II and absolutely despise Diablo Cody, but am willing to wait to see what it turns out like I guess. And worst comes to worst I'll just watch Evil Dead II another 10 times to make up for it.