iTouch apps and games.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Player1

I just got a 16 gig iTouch. (came "free" with my brothers laptop) I'm really excited about it, but quite frankly I'm a tad overwhelmed. The app store is HUGE and I don't really know where to start. 

I don't want to litter my touch with crap apps like some of my friends have done. So thats where you guys come in.

Do you guys know any good apps or games that are a good value, or free? Anything that is cool.

A little description of what it does would be nice to. I'm in gaming, sports, and a little news. Thanks. 
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Congrats man, you'll enjoy it.  I have 2 news apps currently, USA Today and the Associated Press ones. Both are pretty decent, but lately I've been having issues with the AP one. As far as I can remember they were both free also, so really you can't go wrong with that.  As for games, I have Peggle and nothing more. I used to have a ton but I just don't play games on the iPhone, all I do is waste time on there instead. I don't need anything too crazy, just something to burn time with.  

Also I only have 8 gigs, and most of them are music.  So I'm not really ever just looking for something to take up space. I have to be slightly picky, although I've not filled up all 8 gigs yet. 

Oh and I almost forgot, while I enjoy the weather app that comes with the iPod,  I've found that WeatherBug Elite is a far better choice. I've tracked storms with that thing and it was spot-on. I could zoom all the way to my neighborhood street and know exactly when the rain was about to hit. I think I might of paid for that, but probably not more then 1.99.  I can't remember to be honest.

Enjoy your new toy!
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Player1
@Out_On_Bail: Thanks man. You enjoy peggle? I was seriously considering getting that one.  And yeah. I have 13.9 gigs of music and the think is only really 14.5 gigs. So...I'm going to have to sacrifice more and more music as time goes on. Oh well. 
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Player1: Yeah I love Peggle. It's fun and addicting - both of which are what I look for in a game pretty much.  I also had to scale down the music collection and only allow the best of the best to make it onto the iPod. It's easy enough to switch stuff out though, once you are familiar with iTunes. Luckily ( i guess) most of my music is still on CD's, one day I'll get around to burning it all onto my PC but I'm not really pressed to do that. I kind of just do it on the fly, depends on what I feel like listening too.

I'm looking forward to the Giant Bomb app also, if ever that day comes. I'm not even sure if it's getting approved, I just know that I will get it soon as it's available.
GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By GeekDown

The Tap Tap games are pretty good and Jellycar is a lot of fun..

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

Shazam is useful for finding out names of songs, basically if a songs playing you like, you use the app, it listens then tells you the song, it's decent for alot of songs, but for smaller bands, some big ones aswell, it gets it wrong.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Player1

Thanks guys. Very helpful. 

I have a kinda working 30 gig that I may just keep in my car for music purposes. That way I won't have to cut down. 
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The only one I really got into was Tap Tap Revenge (and it's sequel, which is conveniently named Tap Tap Revenge 2). That was mostly because of the cool music. It introduced me to some really cool songs & artists. And the best thing is the price tag... FREE!!!!

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By DanielJW

I'm really liking blowfish, it's just kind of a cutesy puzzle game. Not sure if it classifys as puzzle actually, but it is very fun! Free by the way.

Also enjoying paper toss, really that one is just a time waster though, also free.
MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MisterSpiffy

Tap Tap Revenge 2 - Free, and downloadable tracks.  It's like DDR
Fieldrunners - You'll have to pay, but the best tower defense on the iPhone I've played
Topple - Free, balancing game
Tap Defense - If you don't wanna pay, use this as an alternative to Fieldrunners
Magnetic Joe - Free, fun little game
Stanza - You can read eBooks on this one, free
iShift - I only have the Lite version, but it's a fun little platformer.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Player1
@MisterSpiffy said:
" Tap Tap Revenge 2 - Free, and downloadable tracks.  It's like DDRFieldrunners - You'll have to pay, but the best tower defense on the iPhone I've playedTopple - Free, balancing gameTap Defense - If you don't wanna pay, use this as an alternative to FieldrunnersMagnetic Joe - Free, fun little gameStanza - You can read eBooks on this one, freeiShift - I only have the Lite version, but it's a fun little platformer. "
thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks everyone for the help