It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. (Long post, story

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ahriman22

It was all fun an games until, of course, one of us got hurt. 

After a hard day of rehearsal, me and my bandmates decided to have some fun. Usually we would just get hammered and go downtown and make fools of ourselves, but today we wanted to do something edgy and cool. We decided to do some Urban Exploration. So we made our way to the nearest Canadian Tire before they closed and since we're all baffling idiot teenagers, we had our fair share of fun at the store.

We went down aisle after aisle looking at things, cracking witty and not so witty jokes, slowly filling up our cart with the tools needed for that night. The girls (All 4 of my bandmates are girls, lucky me. Asians too) bought shitty little face masks, the kind contractors use when demoing a holme. Then we bought latex gloves so that we didn't touch anything icky (Like mold) when we made our way through our target abandoned building. I also bought gas mask refills. I have a gas mask that I converted into a massive steamroller/bong (Only for tobacco, the other substance would suffocate me), but I could still use it as a fully functional gas mask. 

Looks like this, but in black.
 Looks like this, but in black.
We went to my place had some Asahi super dry and Carlsberg, I made fabulous steaks for all of us and once we were all fulled up for the night, we set off with our equipment. We all brought maglites (Police grade) and pocket knives in case and crack heads were squatting in the place and decided to try and mug us, although I must say, I am quite intimidating at 6'4 and 330lbs, but you can never be sure enough.

The building wasn't far away from my house, maybe a 20-30 minute walk at our pace. It was intimidating as hell. It was 3 floors tall and was HUGE, Like a mini hospital. We looked for a way in, cops had passed us at that point and I guess that we didn't seem that threatening and they let us go after we stated our intentions (We let them search our bags to make sure they trusted us). We found a way in around the back. 

Now, this building being abandoned, there was definitely going to be spiders... And oh boy were there. I'm a severe arachnaphobe and even the tinniest spiders paralyze me in fear. I got over it and ended up crouching, around the level of my coworker's butts, to insure I avoided any spiders getting caught in my messy 'fro. Once in we turned on the flashlights and asses the building...

It was filthy, litter everywhere, discarded needles, crack pipes, tools, feces, rotting and way past rotten food. The place was obviously a squat house in the past, which wasn't much of a surprise to be honest. They but on their masks and I suited up with my gas mask, we put on your latex gloves (3 layers), took out our flashlights and went to explore. We started a conference call and we all put on our blue tooth headsets to make sure that if anything happened to anyone, we could rush to their location and we would know what's wrong and be prepared for the worst.

We all proceeded to split up and take pictures to show to each other once the night was over. It's a good thing we brought masks because there was mold everywhere and more importantly, there was asbestos growing from the damn ceiling. I am a smoker, but I don't want to get lung cancer this early, maybe in 40-50 years. We all wore our toughest shoes and the toughest were mine, construction boots; Steel toed, resistant up to 200 "joules" or electricity, shock absorbing and penetration-proof outsoles. Very handy if you're walking on a floor littered with rusted nails and old syringes.

The ground floor was solid concrete under the old, dirty tile floor and the upper floors were like you would expect, wooden beams, wooden floors and full of holes in the ground (We made sure to walk around those). It was quite fun exploring this old building, walls covered in graffiti (Quite funny ones too). I slowly made my way up the rickety rusted metal stair case, making sure to jump of at each floor in case the staircase collapsed (Which it didn't.). The main wooden staircase in the building was long gone at that point, so I had to use the fire escape.

I got to the third floor and it was like the rest of the building, old, dark and dirty. I walked around when all of a sudden, the hardwood floor made an alarming creaking sound. I got curious and kept trying that spot and eventually made a beat with the floor, oh me. It was all fun until something... Unexpected happened. The floor gave way because I put all my weight on that leg. I fell down to my upper thigh and immediately cried out in pain and cried out for help. My mates came running and found me in a mess with my leg through the fuggin floor. 

After about 10 minutes of trying they finally pried me out of that god forsaken hole and we rest on the ground while I recovered from the shock of falling through the goddamn floor. My pant leg was torn up and the leg under that was scratched and gashed from the sharp wood and old nails. My left ankle (Left leg was undamaged) was twisted, a feeling I didn't miss, since I used to twist my ankle every other week as a child.

I limped down the staircase and onto the street and we all examined my bleeding leg. It didn't look good... Not only was it cut and gashed down the back, but the wounds were also covered in filth and pieces of wood. I sat there biting my bottom lip until it bled while our bassist literally ran to the nearest pharmacy to grab alcohol and gauze. In the mean time we emptied our water bottles onto my leg to wash out most of the dirt and wood. She came back and I went through more pain as the 90% alcohol was put on my wounds and the gauze applied with medical tape.

We then called a taxi and gt the fuck to the hospital, unfortunately the hospital happened to be the same one that my grandmother died in, so the whole mood was very dim for me. The doctors stitched the fuck out of my leg and took blood samples just in case any icky diseases got into my blood through all the crap that got in. 

So far there's no word on my blood, but even if it comes back negative (Even though god knows THC levels will be way high) I will go get a blood test in a month or two to make sure the bastard diseases like AIDS didn't get in.

That was really long... Hopefully someone reads it lol.
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Ouch. That's one way to learn to be careful around hardwood floors in decrepit buildings.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ahriman22
@Bigandtasty: Yeah... I tried to guess where the beams ran and tried to stay on that path, but that creaking was just so fun.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cube

Inb4 "what is a canadian tire"

Shitty man.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Damn.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Scooper

Why'd you go and do that for you peanut!

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ahriman22
@Scooper: Because it was edgy and cool lol. It was just for fun and I've wanted to see the inside of the building for years.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Scooper

The last time anyone saw that deep inside the building was when it was built by the sounds of it xD.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Edgy and cool?  Sounds like you should be an honorable mention for a Darwin Award.

Also, your subject line is cliched.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ahriman22
@Lind_L_Taylor: I know it sounds stupid, I was being sarcastic. Not an easy thing to identify on the internet.
Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Brunchies

Oww, that must have hurt like a bitch I'm guessing. 

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Yeah ,well that's why we're here: to point out your screw-ups.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ninjakiller

Huh? Aids? From wood and nails?  The only thing you gotta worry about is Lockjaw and maybe strep.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ahriman22
@ninjakiller: I know, but AIDS takes a while to develop and actually appear in a test, so I was referring to diseases like that. Note that most of the nails were rusty beyond belief.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Absurd
@ahriman22 said:
" @ninjakiller: I know, but AIDS takes a while to develop and actually appear in a test, so I was referring to diseases like that. Note that most of the nails were rusty beyond belief. "
That would have sucked if one those discarded needles stabbed you in the leg.
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By dethfish

4 Asian girls you say?

That's really all I could think about through the rest of your story. Hope you're OK though.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Dethfish77 said:
" 4 Asian girls you say?  That's really all I could think about through the rest of your story. Hope you're OK though. "
Lol, me too.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

They gave you a tetanus shot.....right?" 

RUN DUDE, RUN!

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dopeman

go get a tetanus shot now.

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wright

Well that was an interesting read. Not sure why the hell you thought that would be a cool idea, but hopefully you don't have some nasty disease.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By empfeix

Wait, the cops stopped you?  You told them you were about to do something illegal (break into an abandoned building) and they were cool with it?  Wow, nice

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By NickM
@ahriman22 said:
" @ninjakiller: I know, but AIDS takes a while to develop and actually appear in a test, so I was referring to diseases like that. Note that most of the nails were rusty beyond belief. "
Well, you shouldn't worry about AIDS and other STD's, because they only survive a couple hours max when they're outside the body.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ahriman22
@empfeix: Wasn't B&E, we didn't have to kick anything down to get in. There weren't any signs indicating that we weren't allowed to be there either.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Verdugo

Son of a bitch that sounds terrible. The rest of it sounds like a good time (except the spiders), but that really sucks man. Hope everything turns out fine for you.  
empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By empfeix
@ahriman22: That makes sense.  But I thought it was still wasn't allowed, if only for the danger aspect (unsafe) I guess you find that out yourself.  I don't really know the laws that well though.  Hopefully your leg doesnt get infected.  Really interesting read though, good writing.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Meowayne

"My name is ahriman22, and let me tell you the story about how I got away with less than I deserved for doing something insanely retarded."

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

that sounds like fun. i kind of wish i could see that place. i want u to post pictures of this place. it sounds like fun none the less of u getting hurt.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@dcpc10 said:
" Try to be optimistic and usually things go better for ya "
i disagree
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By eric_buck

I wouldn't worry about it, your chances of getting HIV are not high at all. Hell man, I live in Africa right now and I don't have AIDS! Anyways good luck with it.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ahriman22
@empfeix: We let them search us and since we didn't have cans of spray paint or anything like that they figured what the hey.  We told them why we had pocket knives and you know... Logic! Since the knives weren't switchblades or butterfly knives they were cool with it. Thanks.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#32  Edited By sjschmidt93

...then it's hilarious. 

No but seriously that's sortof.... not hilarious.