• 88 results
#1 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

#2 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Out of complete curiosity, what smartphone OS do you duders use? It's been a handful of years since iPhone, so by now, people probably have their loyalties to one specific platform by now. And if you don't own a smartphone, maybe comment which one is most appealing to you right now.

#3 Posted by Mesoian (1572 posts) -

Cyanogen 7 on my Thunderbird.

#4 Posted by KarlPilkington (2683 posts) -

Windows Phone. I like it, although I have never had any other smartphone.

#5 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

don't have one

#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

iOS yo

#7 Posted by Venatio (4482 posts) -

iOS 5 on my 4S, love it

#8 Posted by MEATBALL (3060 posts) -

Still on iOS, the advantages other OSes offer just don't appeal to me and I find most of the apps I want come to iOS first.

#9 Edited by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

android on a samsung, and its fucking shit. Never known a phone to freeze so much and have such infuriating touch screen controls. Its probably not the os's fault though (except when it automatically downloads google maps updates and my phone shits the bed temporarily).

#10 Posted by Mesoian (1572 posts) -

@CookieMonster said:

android on a samsung, and its fucking shit. Never known a phone to freeze so much and have such infuriating touch screen controls.

Root that mess!

#11 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@MEATBALL said:

Still on iOS, the advantages other OSes offer just don't appeal to me and I find most of the apps I want come to iOS first.

I am very jelous of the high end music making apps that only come to iOS in particular. Also humble indie bundle doesn't include windows phone, just iOS and android, so those are two major gripes I have with my current WP.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7048 posts) -

@Venatio said:

iOS 5 on my 4S, love it

#13 Posted by Radar (887 posts) -

I switched from Android to iOS a few months back. The Droid X burned me HARD. Don't think I'll ever go back to Android. I may dabble with Windows Phone some.

#14 Posted by EuanDewar (4755 posts) -

Rockin' dat iOS, Peggle everyday motherfuckers

#15 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

@Mesoian said:

@CookieMonster said:

android on a samsung, and its fucking shit. Never known a phone to freeze so much and have such infuriating touch screen controls.

Root that mess!

I don't know how :(. Might just head to the shop I bought it from and lose my shit until they fix it.

#16 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2479 posts) -

Android on a Samsung Galaxy Ace. OS is mediocre, the phone is complete trash.

#17 Posted by dagas (2745 posts) -

iOS simply because I know what I get. I bet there are some good Android phones and some good version of the OS, but I'm not trying out 100 phones to find the one good one.

I'd love to try an Android or Windows phone, but I've been using iOS since 2007 and any change would feel wierd and I bet I'd say "this doesn't work like it does on iOS" a lot.

#18 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

I have a reg phone. It calls, it texts, it's cheap.

#19 Posted by Sergio (2047 posts) -

Android, but that's because I'm still locked in my current contract. Should be done with it once the next iPhone comes out to see if I make the move over, which is very likely, since I haven't enjoyed my Android experience. iOS isn't perfect, and I've had my share of problems with it, but it's still (slightly) better than Android right now.

#20 Posted by JJOR64 (18906 posts) -

I don't own a smart phone. :(

#21 Posted by AlexW00d (6182 posts) -

@KarlPilkington said:

This, except for I have had other smart phones.

#22 Posted by Wasara88 (332 posts) -

Ice cream Sandwitch on my Galaxy S2.

#23 Posted by returnofjake (231 posts) -

iOS, but I might swap to Android next contract.

#24 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Android Phone. Dunno the model. On a tight budget so I can't get an Iphone yet. This phone is alright, it isn't anything to gloat about.

#25 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@CookieMonster said:

@Mesoian said:

@CookieMonster said:

Root that mess!

I don't know how :(. Might just head to the shop I bought it from and lose my shit until they fix it.

Guh, Samsung skins on Android are the worst. Touchwiz I think its called, yeah, ive only heard bad things about it. And when I used to have a G2, I'd be so close to rooting it multiple times, and chickened out in the end, mainly because I will have no idea how to fix it if the install goes wrong.

#26 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@KarlPilkington said:

This, except for I have had other smart phones.

Same, used iOS and android over the years, and still appreciate the minimalism and speed on windows phone. Not to say the other OS's are bad, I just appreciate fast navigation and clean menus over better search and maps.

#27 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (864 posts) -

Android. Specifically, Android 2.3.5, with Redux2 running. Really happy with it.

#28 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

Got a Galaxy Nexus and love it, cant see myself going back to iOS

#29 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2413 posts) -

Windows - Samsung Focus

#30 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@plop1920 said:

Got a Galaxy Nexus and love it, cant see myself going back to iOS

Easily one of the most futuristic looking devices out there, plus, android is finally no longer ugly with Ice cream sandwich, but of course there aren't any other stock ICS phones. That's the problem with android, it's either get the nexus or nothing, because all carriers think skins are the way to go.

#31 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Hand me down droid incredible, my next phone will be a burner. I'm a firm believer that smart phone contracts are overpriced and the worst part of owning a smart phone.

#32 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver: Yeah, but rooting and installing a custom rom isn't hard at all if the stock experience is what you're after. Then again the manufacturers keep locking down the bootloaders to their phones

#33 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

Still kicking it with my refurb iPhone 3GS that I got for $50 w/ a 2-year AT&T contract about 2 years and 3 days ago.

I will run it into the ground before I bother replacing it. I have a lot of friends that seem to go through phones like socks, but I don't see the purpose behind it.

Phone I owned before the 3GS.

#34 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I own Motorola Rckr that phone is smart I don't care what you say.

#35 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

I have a "flip phone". It flips open. It also closes. I have no plans to buy a "smart phone". Damn whippersnappers

#36 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

I have a Windows Phone.

#37 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

@AngelN7: It's only smart is Chocolate Rain is your ringtone.

#38 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre

@Venatio said:

iOS 5 on my 4S, love it

#39 Posted by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

Android on Samsung Mesmerize Galaxy S.

#40 Posted by ManMadeGod (1552 posts) -

Currently using a windows phone. Really enjoying how smooth the OS is.

#41 Posted by blindisaac (141 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver said:

@CookieMonster said:

@Mesoian said:

@CookieMonster said:

Root that mess!

Guh, Samsung skins on Android are the worst. Touchwiz I think its called, yeah, ive only heard bad things about it. And when I used to have a G2, I'd be so close to rooting it multiple times, and chickened out in the end, mainly because I will have no idea how to fix it if the install goes wrong.

You can normally restore the phone if installing something like cyanogen mod goes wrong. I have a rooted Droid Incredible and I love it.

#42 Posted by FreakAche (2949 posts) -

I have a crappy old Nokia phone and I have an iPod touch that is usually connected to WiFi. If I tape those two together I basically have a smartphone.

#43 Posted by Joker369 (868 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Venatio said:

iOS 5 on my 4S, love it

#44 Posted by BlackLagoon (1382 posts) -

HTC Desire with Cyanogenmod 7.1.

#45 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

iOS5 on an iPhone 4, and I'm pissed off that some of my music still doesn't work since the OS version upgrade. Also, super-disappointed in many of the third-party apps that still pause my music/podcasts when I boot them up (Draw Something, Coco Loco, and CodeRunner are recent offenders.) iOS is pretty amazing otherwise, though.

#46 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

Have no desire for a smartphone, I have an ipod touch so a phone that does anything besides texting/calling would be superfluous.

#47 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

iOS 5.1

#48 Posted by DrShilliams (86 posts) -

Lumia 800, Windows OS is great.

#49 Edited by benspyda (2030 posts) -

Android on my Samsung Galaxy S2.

#50 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

Droid Bionic with Ice Cream Sandwich.