Its like "hip hop" fans don't even like hip hop...

• 96 results
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

The shit that comes out now is just garbage.... I mean if this aint some of the dopest shit you ever hear than yo ears must be broken.

and this song is old as fuck. god the new eminem sucks.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

yeah really not loving dat new eminem song.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it couldn't be that different people enjoy different aspects of the same genre?

That said, you're right, that's a great track. But (referring to your post on the Rap God thread), people that like other rappers than you do aren't somehow wrong or have "lower standards" than you.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

word blud

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hip hop fans don't like hip hop anymore. The reason for that is that it's complete shit.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah I would put that Body Head Bangerz song in the bad hip hop category. The last Roots album was good though. I disagree with the usual statement about how new music is shite. Good music is always being made, you just have to find it.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By erhard

Hip hop hasn't been good since the late 90s, with the exception of Eminen in the first half of the 2000s.

Loading Video...

You'd never see something like this today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5795208dd66f3
deactivated-5795208dd66f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erhard said:

Hip hop hasn't been good since the late 90s, with the exception of Eminen in the first half of the 2000s.

I've gotta disagree. Seriously, most people who say this shit don't actually try to listen to any current hip-hop. Death Grips has dropped two fantastic albums and an amazing mixtape. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is widely regarded as one of the best hip-hop albums of the 2000s. Danny Brown's XXX and Old have both also garnered critical praise. Big KRIT released Returnof4Eva which is one of the best Southern hip-hop albums ever. Earlier in the 2000s we have classics such as J Dilla's Donuts, Madvillainy, Deltron 3030, The Cold Vein, Supreme Clientele (some would say this is the best Wu-tang solo album), and The Unseen. I could easily go on.

Anyone who knows anything about hip-hop will tell you that it didn't die in the 90s.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Oh boy here we go with the "music today sucks" rants from people who can't quit living in the past. Not even going to touch this one other than to say I disagree and there is plenty of Hip-hop that is good if only you're open minded about it.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumbydas said:
@erhard said:

I've gotta disagree. Seriously, most people who say this shit don't actually try to listen to any current hip-hop. Death Grips has dropped two fantastic albums and an amazing mixtape. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is widely regarded as one of the best hip-hop albums of the 2000s. Danny Brown's XXX and Old have both also garnered critical praise. Big KRIT released Returnof4Eva which is one of the best Southern hip-hop albums ever. Earlier in the 2000s we have classics such as J Dilla's Donuts, Madvillainy, Deltron 3030, The Cold Vein, Supreme Clientele (some would say this is the best Wu-tang solo album), and The Unseen. I could easily go on.

Anyone who knows anything about hip-hop will tell you that it didn't die in the 90s.

Real talk, people that take radio bling rap of the 00's era is encapsulating all of hip hop clearly don't listen to the genre.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Couldn't disagree more. There are great artists making great rap music, you just need to look for it. It's not very hard to find either :)

Also, who was the last rapper on that body head bangerz track?

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MF doom is gdlk, Mos Def and Talib Kweli as well as Common for the conscious heads. Em, X, Nas, even Jay were great in the early 2000's. And Kanye when he first came on the scene was something fierce, but we see what happened to him. That said, yea its like digging in the crates to find some good hip hop today, but there's stuff from not that long ago that is still great.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hatking

@gumbydas said:
@erhard said:

Real talk, people that take radio bling rap of the 00's era is encapsulating all of hip hop clearly don't listen to the genre.

You guys sum it up. And this is even applicable to any genre. Radio stations play what's easy, what will get listens, what will get ads, and ultimately what's profitable. If you don't like what the mainstream has to offer in a genre, I bet you can find something you will like somewhere.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By triviaman09

"People don't like what I like and therefore they are wrong."

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Milkman

2013 has been one of the best years for hip hop that I can ever remember. People who say "rap sucks now" don't actually listen to rap.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By jiggajoe14
Loading Video...

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nekroskop

Immortal Technique. Deep fucking lyrics. Independent.

Loading Video...

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bismarck
Loading Video...

I stick mostly to Snowgoons, La Coka Nostra, Jedi Mind Tricks, Army of the Pharaohs, Immortal Techniques, East Coast Avengers, Outerspace, Non Phixion etc. Oh and early to mid 2000's songs of the german rappers like Fler and Sido

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Fans of things never like the things they're fans of anymore.

omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By omghisam

@milkman said:

2013 has been one of the best years for hip hop that I can ever remember. People who say "rap sucks now" don't actually listen to rap.

Exactly. Chance the Rapper, Danny Brown, and Ghostface Killah made amazing albums this year.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Loading Video...

This is more my style.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By jacdg

@omghisam said:

@milkman said:

Exactly. Chance the Rapper, Danny Brown, and Ghostface Killah made amazing albums this year.

In addition, the new Shad album is fantastic, the new Pusha T is great, the new Black Milk album is really good, J. Cole's album was solid, A$ap Rocky had a pretty nice album, Run The Jewels and Czarface was great. Big K.R.I.T. and Yelawolf both had good mixtapes, so did Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire and Joey Badass, the Ugly Heroes album was also solid and Doris by Earl Sweatshirt had its moments. Mac Miller had a surprisingly competent album, and Vince Staples released some good music.

But yeah, rap sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagbiker said:
Loading Video...

This is more my style.

I don't know what that has to do with hip-hop but it was pretty cheesy.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Rap music, the genre built upon constant competition and change, has constantly competed and changed. GOD DAMNIT, WHY.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By circlenine

Everything was better when I was younger. Why aren't things like they were when I was younger?!

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lysergica33

The latest Aesop Rock album was fucking stellar, but yeah, hip-hop is kinda whack these days. I don't really get any UK Hip-Hop since all the MC-ing tends to be all very... Straight. Very rare is it that you find interesting delivery in the UK scene. Edward Scissortongue and some of the other dudes on High Focus records are sick though. Modern American rap doesn't even seem like hip-hop, where's the funk?

Loading Video...

This is about the best UK hip-hop I've heard, and even then the rapping is actually kind of dull. Some great lyrics and wordplay on this album but the delivery is boring as fuck. That production though... SO good.

Still, what happened to actual good rapping? I've never heard anything that outdoes The Pharcyde's first album in terms of creative delivery and interesting flow.

marvin_martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By marvin_martian
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Real hiphop still exists.

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bismarck
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

@lysergica33:

Speaking of british rappers, only one I follow up on is Dan Bull, the dude is awesome

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By AlexW00d

@lysergica33: I've never been big into Grime, but this song is pretty sick.

Loading Video...

Takes like 2 minutes to get into it though.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By notdavid

@dagbiker said:
Loading Video...

This is more my style.

Does she have any stuff without the uninspired dubstep backing her? I can enjoy some of dat wub wub, mostly the metal-esque stuff like Skrillex, but in this case it kind of shits everything up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real hiphop still exists.

You mean as opposed to false hip-hop? What's that?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow didn't think there would be some heads in here. Yeah.... Dilla, Madlib, Doom, Lord Quas. Pretty much anything from Stones Throw should fill that "real hip hop shit" void. Plus you still got Nas, Q-Tip, and Mos Def still doing shit. SoundCloud is also a goldmine for great hip hop. Don't sleep on Odd Future either, they have some real dopeness coming from that camp. Doris (Earl's latest album) was pretty phenomenal.

I also really wish Em wasn't naming this new album MM LP2. So far it isn't anywhere close to the awesomeness that first one was.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Hip hop basically died when it became saturated by Lil' Wayne punks who find more value in their style than their message. At this point the best thing for hip hop to do is to embrace its own stupidity, like a clown at a circus.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AMEN

Loading Video...

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@andorski said:
Loading Video...

Hip hop basically died when it became saturated by Lil' Wayne punks who find more value in their style than their message. At this point the best thing for hip hop to do is to embrace its own stupidity, like a clown at a circus.

Horse shit. If you're willing to turn off the radio & look for stuff then there is plenty of great hip-hop around.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, hip hop is the cause of people forgetting how to spell words correctly

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omg i miss the 90s when everything had meaning and was so REAL ;_;

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@andorski said:
Loading Video...

Or listen to Black Sunday, The Chronic, and Doggystyle, Blackout!, et al. on repeat FOREVER.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Also N.W.A is nominated to be in the 2014 'Rock and Roll Hall of Fame' which is just hilarious to me -

http://www.rockhall.com/inductees/nominees/nwa/

They deserve to be in there. They didn't deserve to go in before Public Enemy (which they didn't, obviously), but after P.E. then definitely NWA.

the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn't a celebration of one genre in music. It's a lot more diverse than that. It's more about tracing the cultural impact of music to its roots. You can see where it started, how it evolved, where it went, and where it could be going next.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacdg said:

@omghisam said:

@milkman said:

In addition, the new Shad album is fantastic, the new Pusha T is great, the new Black Milk album is really good, J. Cole's album was solid, A$ap Rocky had a pretty nice album, Run The Jewels and Czarface was great. Big K.R.I.T. and Yelawolf both had good mixtapes, so did Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire and Joey Badass, the Ugly Heroes album was also solid and Doris by Earl Sweatshirt had its moments. Mac Miller had a surprisingly competent album, and Vince Staples released some good music.

But yeah, rap sucks.

These things. I saw my first rap show when I saw Run the Jewels. Was incredible. The album's fantastic. Czarface was excellent. Esoteric has a new album coming out and Danny Brown just released his. Apathy's releasing a free album later this year, and a new Army of the Pharaohs is on the way. Demigodz Killmatic was pretty great.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Krullban
Loading Video...

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GnaTSoL

Learn Son. This is hip-hop still connected with its roots.

Loading Video...