It's official, I'm excited for H2.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Edited By JJOR64

I'm one of those people who love to watch horror movies and one of those movies that I like is Halloween (2007).  There has been some negative back lash on Rob's remake but personally, I love the dark twist he did.  It was new and refreshing to slasher movies in my opinion.  Anyways, a few days ago Entertainment Tonight had a sneak peak of the movie:

After seeing this video I'm not even more excited about the movie, which comes out August 28th.  Well it's a few months away.  I have been going to http://halloweenmovies.com/ to get all the latest news about the release.  While visiting it today I got some pictures from the movie.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also while I'm on the subject I may as well post IGN's interview with Rob.  There is also an interview with Scout you can click on in this embedded video.

Well I'm excited about the movie and can't wait for it.  Are you guys excited for this or not?

EDIT: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810061258/video or http://halloweenmovies.com/latestnews/?p=350
Here is a link to the trailer which was realesed on April 24th.  For some reason there is no embed so just click the link.

EDIT 2:  The countdown has begun.  http://halloweenmovies.com/latestnews/?p=382
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JJOR64

I'm one of those people who love to watch horror movies and one of those movies that I like is Halloween (2007).  There has been some negative back lash on Rob's remake but personally, I love the dark twist he did.  It was new and refreshing to slasher movies in my opinion.  Anyways, a few days ago Entertainment Tonight had a sneak peak of the movie:

After seeing this video I'm not even more excited about the movie, which comes out August 28th.  Well it's a few months away.  I have been going to http://halloweenmovies.com/ to get all the latest news about the release.  While visiting it today I got some pictures from the movie.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also while I'm on the subject I may as well post IGN's interview with Rob.  There is also an interview with Scout you can click on in this embedded video.

Well I'm excited about the movie and can't wait for it.  Are you guys excited for this or not?

EDIT: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810061258/video or http://halloweenmovies.com/latestnews/?p=350
Here is a link to the trailer which was realesed on April 24th.  For some reason there is no embed so just click the link.

EDIT 2:  The countdown has begun.  http://halloweenmovies.com/latestnews/?p=382
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm excited, and shocked as well. I was almost 100% sure that everyone on these forums besides me was dead set on the idea that horror movies are always drek, no matter what. Good to see there are others who like the genre here.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JJOR64
Everyones_A_Critic said:
"I'm excited, and shocked as well. I was almost 100% sure that everyone on these forums besides me was dead set on the idea that horror movies are always drek, no matter what. Good to see there are others who like the genre here."
Good to see another horror fan.  I really like the old school horror films more.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

I still have to see the first Halloween remake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I loved his remake, but man, was anyone else sad when he killed the janitor? poor bastard lol.
Anyways can't wait.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

I thought the first Halloween remake was a great character study on Michael Myers, as well as a well-done origin story.  As a slasher flick, it was okay.  It was less of a horror movie and really more of a character study.  There were some fucked-up things in the movie, most definitely, but it was really ALL ABOUT Michael Myers and just showing how fucked up the kid was before becoming this psycho killer.  They did an absolutely awesome job of defining him.

With THAT said...

...the first time I was exposed to the remake, I was in another room cooking and only HEARD the movie...and it was wretched!  The same shit over and over again, and it was just making me sneer.  The acting wasn't great, but then again, what horror movie DOES have good acting?

When I finally sat down and SAW the movie...it wasn't as wretched, but it still wasn't GOOD.  It was that middle point...kind of like the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  It was vastly superior to the borefest that was the original, but at the same time, there were a lot of stupid moments and stupid dialogue from stupid people that I WANTED to see get chopped up.

I kind of felt the same way about the Halloween remake.  I WANTED to see most of them get it handed to them.  Granted, half of the killings are your standard "Michael Myers says practice abstinence" stuff, but the one part of the movie that really took me aback was when he killed Danny Trejo's character.  THAT was something that wrenched at my heart.  Here's one of the only two doods that EVER treated Mike with respect and decency, and there was still no remorse for him.  That was the moment, and I think Rob Zombie captured that moment almost perfectly!

Now, with all THAT said...lol...

I haven't watched anything for H2, the same way I didn't watch anything for the original.  I like my horror movies to be a bit of a surprise, creep up on me.  That's the way they should be.  Therefore, I won't be watching any of this stuff.  I'll just know that the movie is being made, and that I'll need to watch it eventually.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

jakob187 said:
but the one part of the movie that really took me aback was when he killed Danny Trejo's character.  THAT was something that wrenched at my heart.  Here's one of the only two doods that EVER treated Mike with respect and decency, and there was still no remorse for him.  That was the moment, and I think Rob Zombie captured that moment almost perfectly!"
I`m not alone, I was thinking "he is going to help that janitor somehow and then go on a kill spree somewhere, but he fucking drowned the bastard and then it hit me, Micheal has no heart and is a walking killing machine, and Rob made me feel that.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JJOR64
Bucketdeth said:
"jakob187 said:
but the one part of the movie that really took me aback was when he killed Danny Trejo's character.  THAT was something that wrenched at my heart.  Here's one of the only two doods that EVER treated Mike with respect and decency, and there was still no remorse for him.  That was the moment, and I think Rob Zombie captured that moment almost perfectly!"
I`m not alone, I was thinking "he is going to help that janitor somehow and then go on a kill spree somewhere, but he fucking drowned the bastard and then it hit me, Micheal has no heart and is a walking killing machine, and Rob made me feel that."
I have to agree with you to.  When I saw the movie in theaters I thought "What a f**king bastard."
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJOR64

The countdown has begun.  I just added the flash countdown towards the movie which also includes the trailer.