• 64 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

I'm a Saints fan but I was hoping the 49ers could beat the Giants. I would have liked to have seen how Tom Brady handled the aggressive 49ers defense.

Oh well. You have Tom Brady vs Eli Manning in Super Bowl 46. A rematch of Super Bowl XLII in 2008 when the Giants won.

Anyone have predictions? I think Tom Brady and the Patriots take them. But both teams showed periods of struggle in the playoffs so it really is anyone's game.

#2 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

I'm pretty bummed. I really hope that the Patriots rout them. I don't know why, either, as I'm not particularly fond of the Patriots, and I don't particularly dislike the Giants.

Alex Smith, why ya gotta let us Utes down, man? He played awful.

#3 Posted by twhalen (126 posts) -

I was hoping for a Baltimore-San Francisco Super Bowl. Oh well... it came close, though. I'm picking the Giants, because I think Eli Manning can take apart the Patriots defense. Not a Giants fan, but it'd be hilarious if they beat the Patriots in a Super Bowl again.

#4 Posted by spazmaster666 (1965 posts) -

I don't really like either team, but if I were to chose, I'd probably go with the Patriots.

#5 Posted by beeryayghost (329 posts) -

As an Eagles fan, fuck both teams.

#6 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I'm just glad the 49ers didn't make it. I don't really care for either the Patriots or Giants, but I think I'd rather see the Giants win it.

#7 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

The Saints are waiting to play in the Superdome next year anyway...

I'll go with the Giants, since I don't really care either way, and at least one of the Mannings needs to get something out of this season.

#8 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Oh man I didn't watch the Giant's game but I saw that the score around half was like 10-7. What did it end up being by the end?

#9 Posted by Discoman (159 posts) -

As a Giants fan I go with the Giants. :)

What a brutal game though. All in the muck trudging up and down the field.

#10 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

49ers: We used to be going to the Super Bowl, but then we took a football to the knee.

They played like fucking garbage tonight. And Alex Smith is no Montana or Young, he's not even a Manning, Brees, or Brady. He's a shitty quarterback.

I'm pissed, and I don't even care about football.

/rage

Anyway, I don't give a single fuck about the Super Bowl this year, although my hate of the Patriots is all consuming, so I guess I'm going for the Giants. Although I'm probably not even going to watch it.

#11 Posted by GnaTSoL (791 posts) -

Rematch of the greatest super bowl I had ever seen.

Hope the game ends dramatically with a catch between the crotch.

#12 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Lame matchup, Patriots will be out for revenge.

#13 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

@GJSmitty said:

Oh man I didn't watch the Giant's game but I saw that the score around half was like 10-7. What did it end up being by the end?

20-17 in Overtime. All because the 49ers punt returner named Kyle Williams fumbled a punt within field goal range. And in the Playoffs a field goal ends overtime as long as it's after the first possession.

#14 Posted by Brendan (7696 posts) -

@BoG said:

I'm pretty bummed. I really hope that the Patriots rout them. I don't know why, either, as I'm not particularly fond of the Patriots, and I don't particularly dislike the Giants.

Alex Smith, why ya gotta let us Utes down, man? He played awful.

It's because you saw Tom Brady, and how dreamy he his.

#15 Posted by Trace (3550 posts) -

Not exactly the Super Bowl I was expecting to see, but given the four possible teams at the start of the day, this was the outcome I was hoping for. Seeing both Harbaughs miss the Super Bowl pleases me in the most petty of ways.

That said, interesting rematch, and while I don't really mind either team winning, I'd prefer to see the Patriots take this one.

Moderator
#16 Posted by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

As a Pats fan I was slowly working my way through the 5 stages of grief during that 49er game, only now I'm alternating between acceptance and the kind of terror an abused dog must feel when he sees someone with a rolled up newspaper.

#17 Posted by RecSpec (3766 posts) -

Alex Smith has no targets outside of Vernon Davis, he actually did pretty decent in my eyes. If Kyle Williams had half a brain, we'd be strolling into Indy.
 
That being said, trade the fucking farm to bring in Peyton Manning. Then sign TO and Moss while you're at it. DYNASTY!

#18 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

Fuck Yankees.

#19 Posted by RecSpec (3766 posts) -

Also, football to the knee jokes make me want to off myself. 

#20 Posted by Veektarius (4639 posts) -

:(

#21 Posted by Brother_PipPop (253 posts) -

As a Jets Fan...Lets go newyork!

#22 Posted by BlastProcessing (912 posts) -

Tom Brady can't beat Elite Manning, Joe Flacco outplayed him today, and he must face a superior pass rush in two weeks. Giants will kill the Pats.

#23 Posted by Wraith1 (556 posts) -

I want Patriots to win

#24 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

@BlastProcessing said:

Tom Brady can't beat Elite Manning, Joe Flacco outplayed him today, and he must face a superior pass rush in two weeks. Giants will kill the Pats.

I think Eli is very overrated, although he did play very well today against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Although he didn't throw any picks today, he usually makes so many careless mistakes under pressure.

I did see two that should have been picked off by Carlos Rogers(war eagle) though.

#25 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

I want Mannings head, I want to humiliate the Giants like they did to us in 2008. I want my Pats to slaughter them.

#26 Posted by Vrikk (888 posts) -

I wanted the Niners to win, but I... don't know who I want to win the Super Bowl teams. Either team winning will make me angry as a Redskins fan, so it's not like I have any choice.

#27 Posted by BlastProcessing (912 posts) -

@Commando said:

@BlastProcessing said:

Tom Brady can't beat Elite Manning, Joe Flacco outplayed him today, and he must face a superior pass rush in two weeks. Giants will kill the Pats.

I think Eli is very overrated

And "System Quarterback" Brady isn't?
#28 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Commando: Any pocket passer sucks under pressure because they can't scramble when the pocket collapses.....that Giants pass rush is going to get after Brady, and he will probably throw a couple picks like he did against the Ravens.

#29 Posted by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

@BlastProcessing: System quarterback? You be trolling.

#30 Posted by rentfn (1278 posts) -

Go Pats. I still can't believe he shanked that kick. That game didn't fill me with hope going into the Super Bowl.

#31 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

@BlastProcessing said:

@Commando said:

@BlastProcessing said:

Tom Brady can't beat Elite Manning, Joe Flacco outplayed him today, and he must face a superior pass rush in two weeks. Giants will kill the Pats.

I think Eli is very overrated

And "System Quarterback" Brady isn't?

Nope he ain't, look at the stats dude, Brady has more wins, higher percentage, and is rated higher.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning

Don't know what screw is lose in your head.... Or you could just be a 12 year old, would make sense.

#32 Posted by Thoseposers (781 posts) -

@baconbits33 said:

I want Mannings head, I want to humiliate the Giants like they did to us in 2008. I want my Pats to slaughter them.

agreed!

#33 Posted by BlastProcessing (912 posts) -

@baconbits33 said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Commando said:

@BlastProcessing said:

Tom Brady can't beat Elite Manning, Joe Flacco outplayed him today, and he must face a superior pass rush in two weeks. Giants will kill the Pats.

I think Eli is very overrated

And "System Quarterback" Brady isn't?

Nope he ain't, look at the stats dude, Brady has more wins, higher percentage, and is rated higher.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning

Don't know what screw is lose in your head.... Or you could just be a 12 year old, would make sense.

Do you even know what a system quarterback is, you fool? Look at Matt Cassel's season with the Pats. If he isn't for God Belichick having such an incredible system, Brady would be nothing. Also, stats dont mean shit if you can't win the game. Remember when the Giants castrated the Pats earlier this season? With an undermanned defensive squad? Look at Brady's titles, the Pats had a stellar defense, and were a team to fear. Now, they're a bunch of softies with the weakest schedule in the league (only .500+ team they beat all season was the Ravens, and they were lucky with that one). Of course, Pats fans tend to be the most moronic, so you'll disregard anything I can and just stare at the Mr. Dreamy.

Brady is Eli's bitch.

#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

Exactly the outcome I'd hoped for. My uncle's a Giants fan, and his wife's a Patriots fan- and they're pretty hardcore about their sports- so I expect a blood bath at their house for the next few weeks.

#35 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

@BlastProcessing said:

@baconbits33 said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Commando said:

@BlastProcessing said:

Tom Brady can't beat Elite Manning, Joe Flacco outplayed him today, and he must face a superior pass rush in two weeks. Giants will kill the Pats.

I think Eli is very overrated

And "System Quarterback" Brady isn't?

Nope he ain't, look at the stats dude, Brady has more wins, higher percentage, and is rated higher.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning

Don't know what screw is lose in your head.... Or you could just be a 12 year old, would make sense.

Do you even know what a system quarterback is, you fool? Look at Matt Cassel's season with the Pats. If he isn't for God Belichick having such an incredible system, Brady would be nothing. Also, stats dont mean shit if you can't win the game. Remember when the Giants castrated the Pats earlier this season? With an undermanned defensive squad? Look at Brady's titles, the Pats had a stellar defense, and were a team to fear. Now, they're a bunch of softies with the weakest schedule in the league (only .500+ team they beat all season was the Ravens, and they were lucky with that one). Of course, Pats fans tend to be the most moronic, so you'll disregard anything I can and just stare at the Mr. Dreamy.

Brady is Eli's bitch.

Matt Cassel threw for just under 3700 yards with the Patriots in his season. That's nothing compared to Tom Brady's 5235 yards.

You talk about the Giants defense like they're amazing. Although they were ranked higher than the Patriots defense, they are nothing to brag about. Your Giants' defense is ranked 27th during the regular season(compared to the Patriots' 31st).

Also, 24-20 is hardly a "castration".

#36 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

@BlastProcessing said:

@baconbits33 said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Commando said:

@BlastProcessing said:

Tom Brady can't beat Elite Manning, Joe Flacco outplayed him today, and he must face a superior pass rush in two weeks. Giants will kill the Pats.

I think Eli is very overrated

And "System Quarterback" Brady isn't?

Nope he ain't, look at the stats dude, Brady has more wins, higher percentage, and is rated higher.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning

Don't know what screw is lose in your head.... Or you could just be a 12 year old, would make sense.

Do you even know what a system quarterback is, you fool? Look at Matt Cassel's season with the Pats. If he isn't for God Belichick having such an incredible system, Brady would be nothing. Also, stats dont mean shit if you can't win the game. Remember when the Giants castrated the Pats earlier this season? With an undermanned defensive squad? Look at Brady's titles, the Pats had a stellar defense, and were a team to fear. Now, they're a bunch of softies with the weakest schedule in the league (only .500+ team they beat all season was the Ravens, and they were lucky with that one). Of course, Pats fans tend to be the most moronic, so you'll disregard anything I can and just stare at the Mr. Dreamy.

Brady is Eli's bitch.

Lol, Stats are from games, and if we got this far, them we must be doing something right, because if the Pats are soooo bad, then how are we going to the Superbowl? The Playoffs are meant to weed out bad teams who only won against shitty teams, well guess what? We got through the playoffs, and so did the Giants. And from what the stats show; My team is better. Now they said the same in 2008, but shit happens, and this year, it's gonna happen in the Pats favor. Now get off you're "Pats had it easy" argument, and actually get in the real world. Seriously.... The nerve of these 12 year olds....

#37 Edited by BlastProcessing (912 posts) -

@baconbits33 said:

And "System Quarterback" Brady isn't?

@BlastProcessing said:

@baconbits33 said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Commando said:

@BlastProcessing said:

Tom Brady can't beat Elite Manning, Joe Flacco outplayed him today, and he must face a superior pass rush in two weeks. Giants will kill the Pats.

I think Eli is very overrated

Nope he ain't, look at the stats dude, Brady has more wins, higher percentage, and is rated higher.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning

Don't know what screw is lose in your head.... Or you could just be a 12 year old, would make sense.

Do you even know what a system quarterback is, you fool? Look at Matt Cassel's season with the Pats. If he isn't for God Belichick having such an incredible system, Brady would be nothing. Also, stats dont mean shit if you can't win the game. Remember when the Giants castrated the Pats earlier this season? With an undermanned defensive squad? Look at Brady's titles, the Pats had a stellar defense, and were a team to fear. Now, they're a bunch of softies with the weakest schedule in the league (only .500+ team they beat all season was the Ravens, and they were lucky with that one). Of course, Pats fans tend to be the most moronic, so you'll disregard anything I can and just stare at the Mr. Dreamy.

Brady is Eli's bitch.

Lol, Stats are from games, and if we got this far, them we must be doing something right, because if the Pats are soooo bad, then how are we going to the Superbowl? The Playoffs are meant to weed out bad teams who only won against shitty teams, well guess what? We got through the playoffs, and so did the Giants. And from what the stats show; My team is better. Now they said the same in 2008, but shit happens, and this year, it's gonna happen in the Pats favor. Now get off you're "Pats had it easy" argument, and actually get in the real world. Seriously.... The nerve of these 12 year olds....

Please, continue with the 12 year old arguments, they're very enlightening. The more you say dumb shit like that, the more laughter comes out of my mouth. Seriously, you beat the Denver Broncos, you're first team was the fucking Broncos. Then you luckily beat the Ravens, who stopped Mr. Dreamy in his tracks. Statistically the Pats might be better, but they are still inferior. They did say the same thing in '08, and the same thing will happen. The Giants are coming in hotter (I mean, they only beat the top two seeds in the conference, and the Falcons). If the Giants D can crush the Arrogant Rodgers and the Packers, Brady is no problem. Get in real, sabremetric-less world, you 13 year old.@Commando said:

Matt Cassel threw for just under 3700 yards with the Patriots in his season. That's nothing compared to Tom Brady's 5235 yards.

You talk about the Giants defense like they're amazing. Although they were ranked higher than the Patriots defense, they are nothing to brag about. Your Giants' defense is ranked 27th during the regular season(compared to the Patriots' 31st).

Also, 24-20 is hardly a "castration".

Mind you when Cassel was starting, there was a running game, and he had no targets except for Randy Moss. The Giants defense might have been crap in the regular season, but that is the REGULAR SEASON. Once again, they stopped the high-flying Falcons, and the "unstoppable" Packers in the POST-SEASON, so yeah, they are pretty amazing at this juncture.

24-20 is a castration when you beat the Patriots with most of your defensive squad injured.

Brady is Eli's bitch, get with the program.

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

Go Giants because I really, really don't like the Patriots.

@jakob187 said:

Fuck Yankees.

Also, this.

#39 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

@BlastProcessing said:

@baconbits33 said:

And "System Quarterback" Brady isn't?

@BlastProcessing said:

@baconbits33 said:

@BlastProcessing said:

@Commando said:

@BlastProcessing said:

Tom Brady can't beat Elite Manning, Joe Flacco outplayed him today, and he must face a superior pass rush in two weeks. Giants will kill the Pats.

I think Eli is very overrated

Nope he ain't, look at the stats dude, Brady has more wins, higher percentage, and is rated higher.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning

Don't know what screw is lose in your head.... Or you could just be a 12 year old, would make sense.

Do you even know what a system quarterback is, you fool? Look at Matt Cassel's season with the Pats. If he isn't for God Belichick having such an incredible system, Brady would be nothing. Also, stats dont mean shit if you can't win the game. Remember when the Giants castrated the Pats earlier this season? With an undermanned defensive squad? Look at Brady's titles, the Pats had a stellar defense, and were a team to fear. Now, they're a bunch of softies with the weakest schedule in the league (only .500+ team they beat all season was the Ravens, and they were lucky with that one). Of course, Pats fans tend to be the most moronic, so you'll disregard anything I can and just stare at the Mr. Dreamy.

Brady is Eli's bitch.

Lol, Stats are from games, and if we got this far, them we must be doing something right, because if the Pats are soooo bad, then how are we going to the Superbowl? The Playoffs are meant to weed out bad teams who only won against shitty teams, well guess what? We got through the playoffs, and so did the Giants. And from what the stats show; My team is better. Now they said the same in 2008, but shit happens, and this year, it's gonna happen in the Pats favor. Now get off you're "Pats had it easy" argument, and actually get in the real world. Seriously.... The nerve of these 12 year olds....

Please, continue with the 12 year old arguments, they're very enlightening. The more you say dumb shit like that, the more laughter comes out of my mouth. Seriously, you beat the Denver Broncos, you're first team was the fucking Broncos. Then you luckily beat the Ravens, who stopped Mr. Dreamy in his tracks. Statistically the Pats might be better, but they are still inferior. They did say the same thing in '08, and the same thing will happen. The Giants are coming in hotter (I mean, they only beat the top two seeds in the conference, and the Falcons). If the Giants D can crush the Arrogant Rodgers and the Packers, Brady is no problem. Get in real, sabremetric-less world, you 13 year old.@Commando said:

Matt Cassel threw for just under 3700 yards with the Patriots in his season. That's nothing compared to Tom Brady's 5235 yards.

You talk about the Giants defense like they're amazing. Although they were ranked higher than the Patriots defense, they are nothing to brag about. Your Giants' defense is ranked 27th during the regular season(compared to the Patriots' 31st).

Also, 24-20 is hardly a "castration".

Mind you when Cassel was starting, there was a running game, and he had no targets except for Randy Moss. The Giants defense might have been crap in the regular season, but that is the REGULAR SEASON. Once again, they stopped the high-flying Falcons, and the "unstoppable" Packers in the POST-SEASON, so yeah, they are pretty amazing at this juncture.

24-20 is a castration when you beat the Patriots with most of your defensive squad injured.

Brady is Eli's bitch, get with the program.

I do very much enjoy the 12 year old arguments so I shall continue arguing with the 12 year old.

And the Broncos beat the Steelers who were 12-4 which was better than the Giants, so the better team won. Seriously man, simple logic dictates that.

And yep, luckily beat the Ravens, like most would say you luckily beat the 49ers, simple logic again.

"Statistically the Pats might be better, but they are still inferior." We'll see about that come Superbowl.

Oh and, show me the list that says most of the NY Giants D was injured.

#40 Edited by Vonocourt (2123 posts) -

Didn't keep track of football this year. Guess that was a good choice, oh Bucs...

I'll passively root for the Giants though.

#41 Posted by shway (176 posts) -

eh im over the game but ill cheer for the pats since it may get me laid :D

#42 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

Both teams I wanted to win lost today, soooooo I don't really care who wins.

#43 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

@InfamousBIG said:

49ers: We used to be going to the Super Bowl, but then we took a football to the knee.

Ok, that made me laugh way harder than I should have. Can't believe that and his fumble happened, good God.

#44 Posted by Demoskinos (14585 posts) -
#45 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -

Kyle Williams only played because the regular guy was out...with a knee injury. I find that hilarious.

#46 Posted by Nigglenummy (78 posts) -

I could not be less interested in both teams. I wanted to see the Ravens. Feel bad for them. Boston vs NY is kinda cool I guess though.

#47 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

??????????????????

Mind explaining who you're replying to instead of mindlessly posting pictures?

#48 Edited by mordukai (7140 posts) -

Last year I had to deal with happy drunk Packers fans and this year I have to deal with angry drunk Packers fans. I love living in Green Bay but I hate living in Green Bay during American Football season. Green bay Packers fans are the best American Football fans but they are very sore, poor losers.

#49 Posted by Daroki (709 posts) -

@BoG said:

I'm pretty bummed. I really hope that the Patriots rout them. I don't know why, either, as I'm not particularly fond of the Patriots, and I don't particularly dislike the Giants.

Alex Smith, why ya gotta let us Utes down, man? He played awful.

It's sad too, because he showed flashes of what made him great when he was wearing the Crimson last week against the Saints. And god, that Utah team that busted the BCS was a beast. Too bad they didn't get a shot at Auburn that year.

#50 Posted by Demoskinos (14585 posts) -

@Commando said:

@Demoskinos said:

??????????????????

Mind explaining who you're replying to instead of mindlessly posting pictures?

I just wanted a reason to post a picture of a corgi in a lobster suit. DON'T JUDGE ME.