It's the end of the world in one year. What do?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Don't know why this popped into my head this morning, but in the shower I got to thinking about Melancholia and, naturally, how depressing it would be to know that the end is coming and there's nothing that can be done about it. The end will likely be painful, horrifying, and no matter how hard you would rail against it, it will only end one way. You know, like Mass Effect 3, but somehow less tragic.

So my question is this; how would you do your last year? What would you do? How would you spend your time? Would you say fuck it and hit eject before hand? Would you go on a murder spree? Form a criminal empire? Horde the world's dwindling supply of scotch tape? Or would you be more boring, and just continue on, business as usual?

For some reason I'm genuinely curious to know what people think they'd do.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I would finally have time to finish so many video games.

But then I'd probably just fuck around on Giantbomb or Youtube or something if the Internet didn't come to a grinding halt.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'd get my ass to Mars.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone probably blows me up.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RonGalaxy

People who say "oh I'd go on a killing spree because whatever you're gonna die anyway" are narcissistic idiots.

Also, another really good end of the world movie is "Last Night" (from 1998). Don't trust any of the trailers that make it out to be a sex comedy because it's not that at all. I watched it because I was curious to see David Cronenberg act and I was surprised by how much I liked it.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Talk a buncha shit about everyone's waifus.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

it would be absolut panic and plunder everywhere and i would just try to live my life as extreme as i possible can the last year. Steal some fast car and race around, steal an airplane and see if i can put Drews checklists to good use, unprotected sex with everyone etc...

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try to see as much of the world as possible.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DRUGS

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know why this popped into my head this morning, but in the shower I got to thinking about Melancholia and, naturally, how depressing it would be to know that the end is coming and there's nothing that can be done about it. The end will likely be painful, horrifying, and no matter how hard you would rail against it, it will only end one way. You know, like Mass Effect 3, but somehow less tragic.

So my question is this; how would you do your last year? What would you do? How would you spend your time? Would you say fuck it and hit eject before hand? Would you go on a murder spree? Form a criminal empire? Horde the world's dwindling supply of scotch tape? Or would you be more boring, and just continue on, business as usual?

Just to confirm, am I the only one who knows or does everybody know?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, another really good end of the world movie is "Last Night" (from 1998). Don't trust any of the trailers that make it out to be a sex comedy because it's not that at all. I watched it because I was curious to see David Cronenberg act and I was surprised by how much I liked it.

Abel Ferrara made a similar film a few years ago called 4:44 Last Day on Earth. It's well worth watching albeit being a bit more on the obtuse side than other Ferrara's work.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carryboy said:

@oldirtybearon said:

Yeah I'd imagine if everyone else knows there's going to be a lot of craziness going on.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd do a totally radical trick on a skateboard in Tokyo.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By theacidskull

That would kind of suck, because, I really wanted to have a family of my own which isn't really doable in one year. Shame, would be nice If I could have a wife and kids my own. I'd be a shitty dad but you know, A for effort? Anyone? Bah.

Either ways, I won't start injecting shit into me or anything like that, I won't drink or do any of that shit either, I want to be sober every second. I'd just have fun and you know, simply relax. Do some crazy stuff. Probably get into a few fights as well, because I've never been in one, and I'm curious to see what it's like. Sure I might get my head split open but scars/death don't matter, it's the end of the world right( Though I should be careful for my family). Plus I'm a big guy, at least above average, so It'd be nice to see what I'm capable of.

I'd spend more time with my family and friends too, one year ain't enough, and I have some catching up to do, I'll probably ditch a lot of my hobbies, since it's the end of the world, I might as well do something more significant I guess.

There will also be a huge increase in my effort to get laid; like I said, one year ain't enough.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@carryboy said:

@oldirtybearon said:

Yeah I'd imagine if everyone else knows there's going to be a lot of craziness going on.

For the sake of argument, everyone knows. Like if Bruce Willis and his ragtag band of oil drillers failed to split the asteroid in Armageddon. That sort of thing.

You know, for maximum depression.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to think I would go out and do something meaningful, but in reality I'd probably just play a lot of video games and try to pretend nothing is wrong.

So business as usual.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Nothing different. Everything can be taken from you in an instant if you aren't already enjoying life like your dying tomorrow then you should be.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bmccann42

Go watch "Children of Men", which shows that most people just keep going to work and try to keep up the regular day to day.

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'd probably burn all my savings travelling. I figure I might as well see as much of it as I can since it's not going to exist relatively soon. Other than that I'd keep my routines business as usual. The familiar rituals and illusion that everything's still the same would probably help me stay calm.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24  Edited By Giantstalker

I'd probably stockpile guns, possibly even a tank, and just shoot at things all day. Rodents, trees, fridges, cars, you name it.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd save the god damn world. None of this giving up bullshit.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing different. Everything can be taken from you in an instant if you aren't already enjoying life like your dying tomorrow then you should be.

#yolo?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MikkaQ

Steal my dad's car (it's like one of those almost-SUV crossover things) and just fucking drive all over the place, and see the things I never got to see. I live in Canada but always wanted to do the classic US road trip, might as well do it then. Oh also I'm completely unlicensed and uninsured so this is why I'd do that in particular, I just couldn't do that now because of the law.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@rongalaxy: No, there is a difference between actively knowing how fragile life is and appreciating everything around you and being wreckless idiot who puts yourself in the grave quicker than needs to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fuck EVERYTHING.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@flappy said:

Talk a buncha shit about everyone's waifus.

Hey, you leave Lady Jaye out of this!

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dussck

Just wait, I guess

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

mjbrune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mjbrune

Continue as usual because predictions of doom come out every year. In like 2029 were suppose to get hit by an asteroid. http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2005/13may_2004mn4/ apparently they say it's not going to hit now. Stuff like this pops up all the time.