itunes syncing help

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

i have an extremely important Voice Memo on my iPhone. In order to get that on my Mac I need to sync my phone's music with my iTunes library.

When I want to sync my music on iTunes I get this message:

"Are you sure you want to sync music? All existing songs and playlists on the iPhone “Steven's iPhone” will be replaced with songs and playlists from your iTunes library."

Will my phone's data go to my Mac or am I literally REPLACING my phone's library with my Mac's? If so that's incredibly stupid. What's the solution to my problem?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

@epicsteve: It definitely will erase and replace whatever songs you have on your phone and sync them with the library on your computer.

Don't take this as gospel, but I'm pretty sure that the voice memo would be fine.

To be safe go into Edit, Preferences, Devices, then check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" before you connect the phone.

After that, I think you can connect and then just access your phone's hardrive and get the voice memo off that way?

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

You could email yourself the voice memo first to make sure it's ok and then try syncing. I don't think it will delete it though.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

@49th: The issue with that is the Voice Memo's file is too large to email.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@49th: The issue with that is the Voice Memo's file is too large to email.

Drop box?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: I'm downloading it now. I've never used Dropbox so I'm not familiar with it. The Voice Memo seems trapped in the app itself. The file is too large to email. The other method of sharing is texting it. I sent it to a friend. Can I drop a file from a text message into Dropbox?