Jack in the Box taco quest?

2Seven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Jack in the Box taco quest? (163 votes)

They are soggy horrid shit, don't do it! 25%
Get on the road and live the Dream. 42%
You just got a PS4, Pay Bloodborne. 33%

The closest Jack in the Box is 3 hours and 6 minutes. I've "heard" they're good.

• 
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

Jitb tacos are so good. Like way better than the bland taco bell ones.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Of course the answer to this is yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're pretty incredible for the price even if they're not good.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I don't know anything about them but you should try them out at least once, especially if you're interested. You should probably get on that Bloodborne, though.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

They're barely even tacos, but that doesn't mean they aren't good.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

They're good, but they're probably not 3 hours and 6 minutes good.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Go.

Don't wait for any more results. Your PS4 will be there when you return.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean they're good, but I wouldn't drive more than 10 minutes to get to a Jack in the Box.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Why would you drive 3 hours for any fast food? It's fast for a reason. It exists to be convenient, not good.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just get Taco Bell or Del Taco.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They aren't what I'd call a normal taco. But for a cheap meal, they go down just fine. When I visit cali I always try and pick at least one up. I'd suggest going on a road trip to try one, but I'd try and find something else to explore on said road trip. That way if you don't like them, you won't feel like it was a waste.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They are deep fried, with a slice of american cheese instead of shredded. Also, delicious.

As a heads up, Burger King usually has these, but not on the menus. Just ask for them.

cwniles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for no, they are soggy etc. but, all the same.......damn, Jack in the Box tacos are my shameful secret. I have no idea what the meat paste they are filled with is made of but they have a certain je ne sais quoi that no other food product I have encountered exhibits. Spicy yet reserved, the JiB Taco is indeed a culinary marvel.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That's for sure not worth it. Unless of course you're a bored group of students with nothing better to do. Then fuck it, go for it.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is a neat journey across the three hours between you and the tacos, and there is at least some other cool thing to make the trip worth while then totally, go for it. You're gonna have to wake early though.

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Aside from the cheap price, I would say these tacos have an original taste. Especially the beef product. The only thing that comes close to replicate this flavor is an elementary school cafeteria.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live 2 minutes from a Jack in the Box and have never tried their tacos. I've only tried their food once, it was terrible, have never gone back.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hatking

They're not anything worth going out of your way for, but I like the idea of having an achievable quest. Do it.

Edit: But, do it right. Not just a "oh, I had their taco, that was mediocre" and go home. I want a Leaving Las Vegas situation. I'm talking bed shakes and drowning in meat product vomit.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

Yeah, my mom and brothers really like them, and I think they consider them some of the best fast food foods, but I never get them. I personally wouldn't say they're worth three hours at all. I like getting jumbo jacks, a large iced mocha, and some fries. Jack in the Box is one of my favorite fast foods around; I mean, taste for price. That said, I wouldn't go three hours for any of the burgers.

Avatar image for Unannounced_Fart
Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't even use real meat in the tacos. It's some sort of soybean concoction. Nonetheless, it tastes good for 99 cents, but you'd be crazy to drive 3 hours for one.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

They don't even use real meat in the tacos. It's some sort of soybean concoction. Nonetheless, it tastes good for 99 cents, but you'd be crazy to drive 3 hours for one.

That isn't true at all, there is real beef in those tacos. I mean, there is a whole bunch of other garbage in there too, but the first ingredient is beef.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/jack-in-the-box-taco-quest-1787284/#21

Taco, Regular Filling Ingredients: Beef, Chicken, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning (Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached Enriched Wheat Flour [Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid], Salt, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder, Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). Tortilla Ingredients: Ground Corn, Water, Lime. Cooked in Canola Blend Frying Oil. Contains Soy, Wheat

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

I'm in the Detroit area, where JITB has not been since the early/mid 80's. My first experience with JITB tacos was probably about 14-15 years ago on a trip to California, and it is absolutely a goal that whenever I travel south or west to get about half a dozen of those motherfuckers. It's not the same as Taco Bell.

NO FEAR. MAKE IT HAPPEN. GET THOSE TACOS.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only taco better than a Jack in the Box taco, is a Taco Time taco. I love me some Taco Time. Their Mexi Burgers are the best thing in the world.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

let me be the voice of reason.

do it.

LIVE.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dude not worth it, I bought into the hype and got one on launch day.. let's just say I got the red ring of death not long after.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, they're pretty good, but not worth a three hour drive lol

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack in the box makes bomb tacos. they dont taste like tacos should taste, but theyre bomb nonetheless

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If you're driving 3 hours for them make sure you buy at least 20 of them

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Those mystery meat tacos are great! Do it!

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They are only good when you are drunk. So I'm not saying to drive drunk, but when you DO get there, drink an entire handle of JD before you consume them.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once drove 4.5 hours to New Jersey from Vermont for White Castle. Live your dreams, friend.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Whitestripes09

Imagine Taco Bell but not with diarrhea meat or the barely even edible taco shell. It's just slightly better. If you're intoxicated in any form then yeah, buy in bulk and enjoy. 3 hour drive though? Not really worth it imo. If you do, at least get a ultimate cheeseburger, curly fries, and the tacos for variety.

2Seven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the input everyone. Didn't make it this weekend, but next weekend I'll do some gift shopping and get myself a spread from the menu not just the tacos. Hopefully no stomach issues on the way back. I'll let you all know how it goes.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're gross. They're tasty, because of salt and grease, but they definitely aren't worth a 3-hour drive.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2seven: If you want something 'safe' at JiB, I would suggest a Sourdough Jack and two tacos. The finger foods are great but pricey, the breakfast burritos can be...damning, especially in your situation, and the burgers and chicken sandwiches are pretty good. If you're looking for another side I'd recommend the egg rolls.

cwniles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cwniles
@cwniles said:

I have no idea what the meat paste they are filled with is made of but they have a certain je ne sais quoi that no other food product I have encountered exhibits.

@mike said:

Taco, Regular Filling Ingredients: Beef, Chicken, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning (Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached Enriched Wheat Flour [Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid], Salt, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder, Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent).

Wow, a BeefChicken? Didn't know there was such an animal but ok, explains the unique flavor.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a good time for some Bombcast listening to hype you up about said taco you're about to get.