• 75 results
#1 Posted by beeftothetaco (426 posts) -

It was good for the first 10-15 episodes maybe, but now it's the same shitty/boring formula over and over again; Amir says or proposes something retarded, Jake tells him that he is retarded, Amir uses circular logic which starts a whole new argument, ect. The thing is, almost everybody I know thinks the show is fucking hilarious. Does anybody else feel the way I do about it, or am I the odd man out?

#2 Posted by imsh_pl (3309 posts) -

I find it a bit "meh".

#3 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4798 posts) -

I haven't watched a College Humor video in, what feels like, years. Most their shit got stale fast for me, especially Jake and Amir.

#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

take em off the air.

#5 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

My friend adores the videos. I think she's wrong.

#6 Posted by KarlPilkington (2778 posts) -

I like them, the real question is why does it bother you so much?

#7 Posted by Toms115 (2317 posts) -

it's hit and miss these days, but there was a point in time where it was really fucking funny.

#8 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

Its alright, not my thing but I can see why people like it.

#9 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Shows are built on premises that can be patterned out. You "breaking the code" doesn't make it less enjoyable. If you don't enjoy anything that has a pattern to it you'll be a miserable jaded fuck forever. So have fun with that I guess.

#10 Posted by Keenblaze (466 posts) -
@PrimeSynergy said:

I haven't watched a College Humor video in, what feels like, years. Most their shit got stale fast for me, especially Jake and Amir.

This. 
#11 Posted by beeftothetaco (426 posts) -
@Chabbs0: I guess I'm just sick of hearing about how funny a certain episode is from my friends, and then being forced (I don't want to hurt their feelings by saying the show is shit) to watch the damn thing. This happens more often than one may think.
#12 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4985 posts) -

I don't even know what that is! I don't think I want to know!

#13 Posted by sirdesmond (1262 posts) -

I have really no idea what it is and I don't really care to find out. I am just wondering why you cared so much to post a thread about it.

#14 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

They only have two or three funny videos out of probably more than 50 by now, which is terrible.

#15 Posted by beeftothetaco (426 posts) -
@ryanwho: I agree, but there have been many other sitcoms ect. that follow a basic formula without becoming as repetitive as Jake and Amir.
#16 Posted by Tacoboy1986 (143 posts) -

Yeah, the one with glasses gets on my nerves.

#17 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

College Humor is an awful company in general. The Jake and Amir videos are the best they have to offer, and even those are only sporadically funny.

#18 Posted by The_Nubster (2353 posts) -
@beeftothetaco: I agree with you. While everything can be put into a pattern, they deviate so little from this basic premise that it gets really old, really quickly. I think their high points are when they have guests interact with Jake and Amir, or when Jake is trying to guide Amir through a simple task (like the voting episode). Otherwise, completely boring and predictable.
#19 Edited by AjayRaz (12475 posts) -

i think it's fine. i don't watch it a lot but i get a chuckle out of them sometimes

#20 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (758 posts) -

It's something i'll enjoy here and there, but it's not something that I would go out of my way to watch. Same can be said for pretty much College Humor in general, you'll find something really funny from them now and then but more often than not you won't search them out to see their latest videos.

#21 Posted by Muerthoz (351 posts) -

They're OK in small doses but most of the time I think Amir tries too hard and keeps going on with something way past the point of being funny. I'm probably not their target audience anyway.

#22 Posted by drag (1206 posts) -

What a scoop!

#23 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I never really liked it because it's built on the premise that Amir is completely retarded and Jake is completely serious. I enjoy College Humor originals though, very much. But Roster Teeth does better originals :P 
Although i don't care for Red vs Blue either.

#24 Posted by KarlPilkington (2778 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

They only have two or three funny videos out of probably more than 50 by now, which is terrible.

They have like 300+ videos.

#25 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

I think it's quite funny.  Collegehumor is no Cracked.com, but it's still a pretty funny site.

#26 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1356 posts) -

I watch a few College Humour videos every now and then, just not the "Jake and Amir" ones.
#27 Posted by Adamsons (873 posts) -

I like the POV series & Phantom of the office.

Just thought id throw that out there.

#28 Edited by dragnse7en (6 posts) -

I sub' to college humor, and it seems that Jake and Amir always puke out garbage at least three times a week - I never found them funny from the start, and I don't find them funny now.

It's very sad to see them flood collegehumor's site with their drivel. Do they really think they're going to hit Hollywood big time with their garbage? The pace that they're cranking out their crap is pretentious, sad, and yet quite annoying. A message to both of them - go back to actually studying your college courses - you're both going to need to graduate - there's a thing called a rude awakening!

Is there a way to unsub' Jane and Kasmir off of my collegehumor sub?

#29 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3923 posts) -

Welcome to Giant Bomb?

#30 Posted by dragnse7en (6 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Welcome to Giant Bomb?

LOL - doy - my bad - thx hoss :)

#31 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@dragnse7en said:

I sub' to college humor, and it seems that Jake and Amir always puke out garbage at least three times a week - I never found them funny from the start, and I don't find them funny now.

It's very sad to see them flood collegehumor's site with their drivel. Do they really think they're going to hit Hollywood big time with their garbage? The pace that they're cranking out their crap is pretentious, sad, and yet quite annoying. A message to both of them - go back to actually studying your college courses - you're both going to need to graduate - there's a thing called a rude awakening!

This is simultaneously the dumbest year old thread resurrection and first post.

#32 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@dragnse7en said:

Have to agree, man. That's some stupid shit right there.

#33 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

What a shitty birthday present.

#34 Edited by dragnse7en (6 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@dragnse7en said:

Why thank you TFU! I care very much about what you have to say - please enlighten me more - I have to be stupid to just jump right in like this - NOT.

I don't care how old the thread is! I am sick of getting collegehumor emails with those border-line drop outs!

So, if you care to contribute, please feel free. Otherwise, I think you know where you can go!

#35 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3243 posts) -

I don't actively follow new episodes, but I thought it was pretty funny when I've seen it.

#36 Posted by redefaulted (2835 posts) -

@ryanwho said:

Shows are built on premises that can be patterned out. You "breaking the code" doesn't make it less enjoyable. If you don't enjoy anything that has a pattern to it you'll be a miserable jaded fuck forever. So have fun with that I guess.

Not what I came in the thread to say, but a great way to voice an opinion I've had for a long time.

#37 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

I came here to say that I love Jake and Amir is the shit the first thing on the internet that has genuinely making me running out of air for laughing.

#38 Posted by dragnse7en (6 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

I came here to say that I love Jake and Amir is the shit the first thing on the internet that has genuinely making me running out of air for laughing.

Good for you. You probably have a lot in common with them.

#39 Posted by NTM (7540 posts) -

Yeah, those aren't funny, there is some funny stuff on Collegehumor though, like Badman. I just wish they made more of those. I don't visit that site much at all though. I kind of don't like anyone that works on that.

#40 Posted by BisonHero (7023 posts) -

@dragnse7en said:

A message to both of them - go back to actually studying your college courses - you're both going to need to graduate - there's a thing called a rude awakening!

Please be a bad joke? None of the main College Humor personalities are anywhere close to college age anymore, since many of them have been there since the mid 2000s.

#41 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

@dragnse7en: You do know they are comedians playing characters right?... oh sorry didn't see your troll post.

#42 Posted by dragnse7en (6 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

@dragnse7en: You do know they are comedians playing characters right?... oh sorry didn't see your troll post.

Oh, don't you know that I don't care? Jim Carey is a comedian, and he's not funny anymore either. Get a clue! Who's the troll now?

#43 Posted by aurahack (2289 posts) -

Yeah, fuck that thing that other people like! 

#44 Posted by Hunter5024 (5959 posts) -

The only collegehumor videos I really like are the point of view ones.

#45 Posted by Milkman (17310 posts) -

Great thread, guys.

#46 Posted by Jazzycola (658 posts) -

When I saw "Jake and", I thought this was going to discussing about that nickelodeon show which I was interested in what this discussion would entail but now I've lost interest. I have no clue who Jake and Amir are.

#47 Edited by dragnse7en (6 posts) -

@Jazzycola said:

When I saw "Jake and", I thought this was going to discussing about that nickelodeon show which I was interested in what this discussion would entail but now I've lost interest. I have no clue who Jake and Amir are.

You're not missing anything. Dick Cheney is funnier than those guys. I saw ten seconds of their garbage before I shut it off, and it's uber lame. I guess if people find Steve Wright funny then those ass hats must be hilarious to them.

#48 Posted by N7 (3666 posts) -
@dragnse7en said:

@AngelN7 said:

Oh, don't you know that I don't care? Jim Carey is a comedian, and he's not funny anymore either. Get a clue! Who's the troll now?

Get out.
#49 Posted by JaredA (830 posts) -

I like them. I have seen about 50 episodes and they were all pretty humorous, but I think they are at 150+ episodes now so I could see how they could start to be repetitive and boring

#50 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

I dont like their stuff, its really corny