#1 Posted by NTM (7383 posts) -

Does anyone know his character well enough to tell me what martial arts skills he has? I tried finding it, but nothing has a definite answer. I swear I remember reading earlier this year somewhere that he's trained in a bunch of them, but now I'm trying to find out which ones exactly. Sorry for those that can't care less, but I'm just wondering. So I hope there are 007 enthusiasts out there that know this. Thanks :).

#2 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

The original Bond knew Judo. But I'm sure how he was portrayed in the books.

#3 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

Doesn't he and Batman know the same Martial Art?

The one that drives the plot?

#4 Posted by hoossy (934 posts) -

@NTM:

He has a black belt in the Roger Moore Judo Chop. (....worst... James Bond... ever)

#5 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (708 posts) -

He punches guys pretty good.

#6 Posted by KarlPilkington (2731 posts) -

The current James Bond went to my school. FACT.

#7 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

James Bond is actually a time lord. That's why he is different is most movies.

#8 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
  • CQB (all British agents and special forces)
  • Judo (all British agents and special forces)
  • Karate
  • Kung Fu
  • Taekwondo
#9 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

pankration

lol :P

#10 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

All of them

#11 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -
@phrosnite

James Bond is actually a time lord. That's why he is different is most movies.

His bmw is his tardis?
#12 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

@Contro said:

  • CQB (all British agents and special forces)

Close quarter british? Sounds horrible!

#13 Posted by hoossy (934 posts) -

Karate? The Dane Cook of martial arts?

James Bond uses Krav Maga

#14 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

@destruktive said:

@Contro said:

  • CQB (all British agents and special forces)

Close quarter british? Sounds horrible!

It is, it includes five variations of the Glaswegian Kiss.

#15 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@phrosnite said:

James Bond is actually a time lord. That's why he is different is most movies.

This just made 007 100% more awesome.

#16 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

Doesn't he and Batman know the same Martial Art?

The one that drives the plot?

This, although for all his martial arts and kung-fu he usually just gets into street fights with bad guys and isn't hitting backflips or doing judo chops.

#17 Edited by Rapid (1367 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

@phrosnite said:

James Bond is actually a time lord. That's why he is different is most movies.

This just made 007 100% more awesome.

Bond's Real Name = Rassilon   (If you don't know, Timothy Dalton played James Bond 1987 - 1994)
#18 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@Contro: I didn't know CQB was considered to be a martial art.

#19 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Contro: I didn't know CQB was considered to be a martial art.

Well it is. The term "Martial Arts" was first applied to European fighting systems, not Asian one's.

#20 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@Contro: Oh ok, I honestly didn't know CQB was considered a martial art.

"The term Martial Arts today has become heavily associated with the fighting arts of eastern Asia, but was originally used in regard to the combat systems of Europe as early as the 1550s and an English fencing manual of 1639 used it in reference specifically to the "Science and Art" of swordplay. The term is ultimately derived from Latin, martial arts being the "Arts of Mars," the Roman god of war"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_arts

#21 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Contro: Oh ok, I honestly didn't know CQB was considered a martial art.

"The term Martial Arts today has become heavily associated with the fighting arts of eastern Asia, but was originally used in regard to the combat systems of Europe as early as the 1550s and an English fencing manual of 1639 used it in reference specifically to the "Science and Art" of swordplay. The term is ultimately derived from Latin, martial arts being the "Arts of Mars," the Roman god of war"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_arts

That's fine, it's Bruce Lee's fault. It was Bruce Lee that bound the term [forever] with Asian fighting systems, after two particular interviews back in the day, The American audience unaware of the European heritage of the term, began to associate the term with Asian forms rather than all.