• 111 results
#51 Posted by senrat (308 posts) -

Nice car. Test drove one a while back and found it to be a great all around car. It will probably last jeffs 10 year ownership because its a lexus

#52 Posted by hwy_61 (920 posts) -

Very nice, but that isn't very gangster. He should return it, and instead buy a six fo impala.

#53 Posted by mordukai (7126 posts) -

The title of this thread sounds like a title for a kids book. 

#54 Posted by psylah (2161 posts) -

Boooooriiiiiing.

#55 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1381 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

Hmm. This means that either Jeff is paid a lot more than I thought or he just took on a large expense that he probably shouldn't have. Lexus ain't cheap!

If he's anything like me, he barely spends cash and puts money away for something he really wants.

#56 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1002 posts) -

So this is why he was thinking of adding advertisements to the Bombcast.

#57 Posted by bibz (35 posts) -

Given his experience and what he's achieved I think its a totally normal amount to spend. Nice cars too, solid rwd chassis, well put together. I rekon its totally gangsta. Blends in, noones gonna notice or expect it to BLAP BLAP your ass. Way less murdery then an old mustang!

#58 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

Good choice Jeff, ROLLIN' IN STYLEEEEEEE

#59 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1526 posts) -

why on earth would any sane person buy a white car?

#60 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4904 posts) -

Kids grow up so fast :')

#61 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Pretty sweet ride!

#62 Posted by Franstone (1086 posts) -

Surprised he went with the overpriced Toyota Camry.

#63 Posted by Warchief (650 posts) -

@Extreme_Popcorn: The fanciest Toyota you can buy!

#64 Posted by dropabombonit (1484 posts) -

Nice car Jeff. Not that I know anything about cars, 21 and still not had driving lessons

#65 Posted by CaptainFake (25 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

Whenever the crew buy something big ticket like this I wonder how much this videogame reviewing gig really pays. Seems to be pretty well I guess.

There's a big difference between "game reviewer" and "editor/owner of a successful site created whole cloth from the ashes of your old job as a game reviewer".

Seems like it's goddamned hard work, too. Buy a Lexus, son. You earned it.

#66 Edited by Ghost_Cat (1377 posts) -

Saving money and living frugal sometimes pay off. Now he needs to make a shitty-looking music video with some SR3 tracks. Them rims be too big son.

#67 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

Lexi

#68 Edited by WickedCobra03 (2102 posts) -

@Sploder said:

I wanted him to get the Mustang :(

Haha, yeah, I was hoping Jeff would go with that white Dodge Challenger (another Mustang would be cool too), but he seemed pretty keen on the lexus when he was talking about it months or years back. Good job Jeff.

#69 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -

Alls I want to know is was this discussed on the Bombcast? It damn well should have been.

#70 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

@Ghost_Cat said:

Saving money and living frugal sometimes pay off. Now he needs to make a shitty-looking music video with some SR3 tracks. Them rims be too big son.

Yeah, we definitely need another crazy rap video like in the old days.

#71 Posted by Pr1mus (3779 posts) -

@mordukai said:

The title of this thread sounds like a title for a kids book.

I'm learning!

But in retrospect i should have titled it "Jeff with the white car"

#72 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

That is one sexy-ass car.

#73 Edited by CaLe (3897 posts) -

I mean, if you're gonna get a car, at least get a Mitsubishi Lancer or a Nissan Skyline. This is just weak.

#74 Posted by chrispti (213 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

Whenever the crew buy something big ticket like this I wonder how much this videogame reviewing gig really pays. Seems to be pretty well I guess.

I couldn't help but wonder the same thing. Good on him though.

#75 Posted by smitty86 (697 posts) -

If I don't get a special edition of Jar-Time consisting of him ghostriding that thing for 20 min, I will be severely disappointed.

#76 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

wow what a nice car. lexus are great cars. mother had one for like 3 years. toyota avalons are like a cheaper one of them as it reminds me so much of the car.

#77 Posted by dagas (2744 posts) -

They are really good cars if you can afford them. I would probably get a Kia or something if I bought a car but a Lexus would be sweet.

#78 Posted by AlKusanagi (898 posts) -

@2HeadedNinja: It's like iPhones and WiiUs. They were all sold out of the black model, so he was stuck with the white one.

#79 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3097 posts) -

Damn, that's a nice car.

#80 Posted by DukesT3 (1888 posts) -

MOVIN' ON UP!

#81 Posted by ZombiePie (5561 posts) -

Watch out for Jeff with the white car!

He shoplifts from Wal-Mart.

#82 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

Good for him I guess?

#83 Posted by Sargus (720 posts) -

People saying "Whoa, big ticket item! Game journalism must pay better than I thought!" are forgetting something: It's a 2012. Last year's model. Gotta be used. Might have been a great deal.

My wife and I just bought her a 2012 Kia, and while, yeah, Kia is certainly no Lexus, the car we bought was formerly a rental vehicle, which helped make it a whole heck of a lot cheaper (especially considering it wasn't the "base" model) than it would have been otherwise. Neither of us make all that much money.

#84 Posted by The_Nubster (2037 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

Everyone else doesn't spend much on this sort of thing, but Jeff has no girlfriend, no kids, and lives with a roommate. He used to live in a house in buttfuck nowhere and had parties where he destroyed other abandoned houses. His window has a broomstick taped to it and he said he doesn't care about his lawn. His priorities are videogames and whatever else catches his eye. He doesn't have to worry about splitting money with anyone or discussing purchases with his wife or anything like that.

#85 Edited by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

@MiniPato: He told about it on the latest "Jar Time" video.

@Sargus: He has been putting off buying a new car for a long time so he's been saving up for a while.

#86 Posted by icytower38 (461 posts) -

Time to focus on "The Raid"!

Nice car, but not something I'd personally go for.

#87 Posted by Sisyphean (73 posts) -

You know, I'm normally all about classic cars. I like the way they look, and I like their more rugged and simplistic engineering. That said, I really love the sleek design of modern car interiors.

@2HeadedNinja said:

why on earth would any sane person buy a white car?

Jeff has never made any claims to sanity, as far as I know.

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

@Subjugation said:

Hmm. This means that either Jeff is paid a lot more than I thought or he just took on a large expense that he probably shouldn't have. Lexus ain't cheap!

If he's anything like me, he barely spends cash and puts money away for something he really wants.

I seem to recall his mentioning that he usually took his tax returns and stashed them in the bank. I'm all for that. I can't identify with the people who salivate waiting for their tax return so they can blow it all on something.

#88 Posted by Gunslinger0130 (223 posts) -
@CaptainFake said:

@DystopiaX said:

There's a big difference between "game reviewer" and "editor/owner of a successful site created whole cloth from the ashes of your old job as a game reviewer".

Seems like it's goddamned hard work, too. Buy a Lexus, son. You earned it.

I was going to mention this too. These guys work hard for it but they rake in some pretty nice cake, don't kid yourself.
#89 Edited by Robinson (170 posts) -

@SlashDance: I know how you feel, I have a 90s grand marquis that has seen a lot of backroads, heavy loads and kids. Its more like driving a big squishy couch(edit:spelling correction) than a car. I'd literally had people, seatbelted in, come flying sideways across the cabin on sharp turns. 5000lbs, 200hp, 300lbs of torque. 13mpg. (fits 5 people in the trunk (college commuting)

#90 Posted by Robinson (170 posts) -

@Sargus: doesnt have to be used, just model-end. they gotta clear the lots for the 2013s

#91 Posted by packs217 (92 posts) -

@The_Nubster said:

@DystopiaX said:

Everyone else doesn't spend much on this sort of thing, but Jeff has no girlfriend, no kids, and lives with a roommate. He used to live in a house in buttfuck nowhere and had parties where he destroyed other abandoned houses. His window has a broomstick taped to it and he said he doesn't care about his lawn. His priorities are videogames and whatever else catches his eye. He doesn't have to worry about splitting money with anyone or discussing purchases with his wife or anything like that.

Yup, and from my first-hand experience I can tell you that under said circumstances (minus ever living in "buttfuck nowhere") purchases such as the one at-hand are not hard to make at all; at almost any income.

The IS350 is a great car. I purchased an LS460 a few years ago as my first "nice car" (went from a Honda Accord) and haven't had a complaint about Lexus as a car, or Lexus as a company. Hope Jeff enjoys his purchase!

#92 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2955 posts) -

So I guess he's now "Jeff with the white car."

#93 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

All that Far Cry 3 advertising paying off.

#94 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

Alan Partrige would be proud

#95 Posted by Peanut (953 posts) -

Are we still talking about how much money these guys make? Jeff has zero obligations to anyone or anything, if he couldn't afford a car like this at his age, I'd be very concerned.

#96 Posted by OneManX (1676 posts) -

Dont have kids... Don't get married... and cut every corner you can financially and all of this can be yours.

#97 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

I always pictured Jeff as more of an American muscle type guy.

Regardless it looks like a cool car

#98 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

@Peanut said:

Are we still talking about how much money these guys make? Jeff has zero obligations to anyone or anything, if he couldn't afford a car like this at his age, I'd be very concerned.

kids get jelous of people who are sucessful, even people who work hard for it. I'm just kinda bummed he bought a Lexus, obviously he's not been educated in the ways of the Partridge...

#99 Posted by sevenLiter (110 posts) -

I don't care for Lexus in general, but this car ain't a tarted up Toyota. It's RWD (AWD is available) and one of fastst cars in its segment. Almost as fast as a Mustang GT in real world conditions. And definately faster than Ryan's Maxima.

#100 Posted by gamefreak9 (2336 posts) -

Awww... and I thought Jeff wasn't about like high profile attention seeking... what a waste of money.