Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By HandsomeDead
Snail said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I don't see what the problem of envisioning him as white is seeing as he's essentialy a fictional character anyway."
No, he is not. There is historical proof that he existed, whether he had or not holy powers is fictional stuff."
Hence my use of 'essentially'. He may have been a real person, but people only really know him because of his hocus pocus.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By artofwar420

It's not being racist, it's seeking the truth.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:
"Willy105 said:
"Since when was Jesus white?

Who tells people this!?!

He isn't white. He's of Jewish decent!"
JESUS WAS A JEW?!?!?!  HOLY CRAP!!!!!"
i know! that totally blew me mind!

i kid.

I really dont care if there really was a guy named Jesus In Jerusalem who had 12 people who followed him. If there was, he was blown out of proportion, if there wasnt than there is even more reason why Christianity is a lie.
Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Shadow2K6

Who really cares.  Also the whole idea of being "White" is just some idiotic ideology made up during the 1900s in the US.  Its called Caucasian which is made up of people from Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Central and South Asia.  Also just because your Caucasian doesn't mean your "White".  Since Jesus was from the middle east I think he fits the Caucasian description.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Snail
HandsomeDead said:
"Snail said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I don't see what the problem of envisioning him as white is seeing as he's essentialy a fictional character anyway."
No, he is not. There is historical proof that he existed, whether he had or not holy powers is fictional stuff."
Hence my use of 'essentially'. He may have been a real person, but people only really know him because of his hocus pocus."
Oh, the use of the word essentially was vague...
Diego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Diego

who cares if he was black or white...

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Jesus

You sure about that.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By ColMustard

only albinos are white... you racist.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#61  Edited By joey

He was dark white, AKA tan.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By diz

It is certainly no fact that the biblical Jesus actually existed. Any writings about him (and  there are suspiciously few from a culture that did engage in much other documentation) were written at least 20 years after his alledged death. Most testement is third hand (and therefore hear-say).

The earlist Roman accounts of his life have been called to scrutiny over early Christian additions to them. There were many people called Jesus who did live at the time (as tombs with remains confirm). The Jesus myth has far too much in common with earlier cultural beliefs and stories for me to believe.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By adam_grif
diz said:
"It is certainly no fact that the biblical Jesus actually existed. Any writings about him (and  there are suspiciously few from a culture that did engage in much other documentation) were written at least 20 years after his alledged death. Most testement is third hand (and therefore hear-say).
The earlist Roman accounts of his life have been called to scrutiny over early Christian additions to them. There were many people called Jesus who did live at the time (as tombs with remains confirm). The Jesus myth has far too much in common with earlier cultural beliefs and stories for me to believe.

"
The earliest recorded versions of the bible, such as those contained in the dead sea scrolls and the Codex Sinaticus do not contain any of the resurrection story. The more you know!
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

The Jesus myth has far too much in common with earlier cultural beliefs and stories for me to believe.

That's fine, but it doesn't have any bearing on the factual existence of Jesus. You should avoid swinging that word around, it's dangerous. ;)

I assume that Jesus' movement was not nearly as big as the New Testament would have you believe, though it's really just speculation.