I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Edited By I_smell

Wow this blog-entry page is nice!

Last month I said I've got this big idea for a multiplayer game where you fly jets around and hijack each-other. Well now I've got a prototype and it's super exciting! I've got 4 classes, you can shoot, eject, hijack enemies, crash into walls drop mines, shoot missiles, it's great. I don't wanna post the actual prototype because the network code is really jerky and glitches out a lot, I think you guys would find it underwhelming and not see the good side. Here's a video I recorded in Week 1 though:

Right now I have a medic who drops proximity mines: he can repair other jets by piggy-backing on them, or hack the enemy's mines over to your side.

A kamikaze pilot who launches his jet around as a projectile, and has a jetpack so he can eject out and strafe around.

A heavy who launches rockets that you can hijack and ride, and steer around-- and 2 more classes that are also weird and exciting. Subject to change though, this is all early days... oh and you can capture a Heavy Jet even if you're not a Heavy- it's a big feature incase that's not apparent.

What do you guys think of these game modes?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The main one I'm not sure about is Rations. I feel like it encourages people to not leave their vechicles which is the whole point, fly back to base a lot which is boring, and get annoyed at their team-mates whenever they die, which sucks for everyone.

I'll try to organize a beta or something in march, cos I want this playtested as much as possible, but the company is still just me n Alex right now so it's pretty impossible to actually see how well it plays. Also I'm waiting to meet someone much better at coding a multiplayer game than me- it's kind of a miracle of modern development tools that some self-taught jackass like me even has a lobby set up at all. I have loads of other stuff to talk about, but I know people hate long walls of text, so I guess I'll just stick to this game.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

OH-- nuts, I guess I already posted that video once... I'll find you guys something else.

Possible aesthetic themes so far have been Pirates, Space Race or dinosaur-themed mechs. I was against the last one, and feel only halfway confident about the first one. Still completely up in the air though; I've bin told to hold off on artwork until people like the game, but I really don't wanna leave it til the last minute and rush in something uninspired, so I'm jotting down ideas whenever I can.