#1 Posted by MrKart (117 posts) -

Well, for any baseball fans, Ubaldo Jimenez just threw a no-hitter for the Colorado Rockies against the Braves. I think that means the Mets and the Padres are the only teams now who haven't thrown one. As a huge Rockies fan, I toast to this momentous occasion!

#2 Posted by steelharrison (116 posts) -

That was the first of the season too I believe.. Congrats to bad my rangers got killed by the yankees today
#3 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

It was a good game. Always glad to see things like that happen in baseball. I'm a Giant's fan though, so... the Rockies are going to have to get used to 2nd place in the West =]

#4 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

is it bad that i read this as "no hitler"?
#5 Posted by MrKart (117 posts) -
@fishmicmuffin said:
" It was a good game. Always glad to see things like that happen in baseball. I'm a Giant's fan though, so... the Rockies are going to have to get used to 2nd place in the West =] "
The way the Giants are playing right now I have no choice but to agree, and Lincecum was a star in his own right today too. Not that he ever isn't.
#6 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Great, another no-hitter/perfect game against the Braves.

#7 Edited by ez123 (1966 posts) -

It's already been overshadowed by THE MOST AMAZING GAME OF ALL TIME. Man, if the Cards lose this, I don't care. It's been a hell of a ride. 

Okay, It's over.  Our short stop is pitching.  

Oh shit no it's not.  It's some other guy that's also not a pitcher.    

#8 Posted by MrKart (117 posts) -
@ez123 said:
" It's already been overshadowed by THE MOST AMAZING GAME OF ALL TIME. Man, if the Cards lose this, I don't care. It's been a hell of a ride.  Okay, It's over.  Our short stop is pitching.   Oh shit no it's not.  It's some other guy that's also not a pitcher.     "
I was watching both at the same time actually. It was good, but the 22-inning Padres Rockies game a couple years ago was just as intense, and lasted longer. And that's not the first time non-pitchers have pitched either. Sucks the Cards couldn't win it though, I was rooting for them the whole time.
#9 Edited by luce (4045 posts) -

So how bout them Yankees :D  ...

*tries to fit in*

#10 Edited by alsnuts2 (674 posts) -
@MrKart: Congratulations, Im just pumped every time i see someone throw a no-no against someone other than the Twins. Seems like every time someone has a historic pitching performance its against the Twins. 

Edit: do we have enough MLB fans on this site for a MLB argument thread? I would love a place to document the Minnesota Twins rise to the world series title!
#11 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -

Wow, great day of baseball. 

Ridiculous game between Cards and Mets, a No-No, and my Marlins beat the snot out of the Phillies.

#12 Posted by pweidman (2340 posts) -

Jimenez is a badass, it was only a matter of time.  But can he hit like Timmy?  LOL.  Seriously though, I bet he's in the conversation this year for Cy Young.
#13 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -
@pwnasaurus said:
" is it bad that i read this as "no hitler"? "
I read it as the same thing. We are terrible people.
#14 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @pwnasaurus said:
" is it bad that i read this as "no hitler"? "
I read it as the same thing. We are terrible people. "

meh maybe we just enjoy things about hitler
#15 Posted by Hailinel (24977 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" Great, another no-hitter/perfect game against the Braves. "
There can never be enough, honestly.  This makes up for the fact that they were essentially baseball's answer to the Buffalo Bills in the '90s. :P
#16 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

So when is EA going to give him his million dollars?

#17 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @CitizenKane said:
There can never be enough, honestly.  This makes up for the fact that they were essentially baseball's answer to the Buffalo Bills in the '90s. :P "
Hey, at least the Braves actually won a championship in the 90s.
#18 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" So when is EA going to give him his million dollars? "
It's actually 2K sports that's holding that competition. 
#19 Posted by Hailinel (24977 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @CitizenKane said:
There can never be enough, honestly.  This makes up for the fact that they were essentially baseball's answer to the Buffalo Bills in the '90s. :P "
Hey, at least the Braves actually won a championship in the 90s. "
Yeah, one.  Out of how many tries?
#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

To be honest, I first read that as "no-Hitler", wondering what the hell that means and why it's important that this Jimenez guy was throwing it.

#21 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -

Pffff, I throw a no-Hitler almost every day.