• 170 results
BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By BoOzak

Damn, I actually respected the guy for passing this up. I guess money trumps logic once again.

As a fan of Star Trek the series, the film felt more like Mass Effect to me, which is fine. Honestly I prefer Mass Effect to SW & ST anyway.

Saying that though, I dont want a Mass Effect movie. I know they'll fuck it up. (yes more than ME fucked up the ending)

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By John1912

Im mixed on JJ. Hes attached to some good stuff. I really enjoy the first few seasons of his shows. IE Lost, and Fringe. Shit starts out great, then it feels like they never wrote past 1-2 seasons, and had to scramble to write new scripts. Star Trek was fucking awful.

@Hunter5024 said:

I love the new Star Trek movie, and I think he will do a great job on the new Star Wars, but I'd rather see him continue to make Star Trek and have another director with a very different vision do Star Wars, so that the movies could be more distinct from one another.

That film was fucking awful.

@TooWalrus said:

OK dudes, 2009's Star Trek was pretty damn great. I knew it was a reboot, but I didn't realize it was at all tied in to the rest of the Star Trek universe. 'course, I'm not exactly a series fan, and I'm a sucker for time travel stories, but I'm looking forward to Episode VII even more now.

@Superfriend said:

Ugh.. well that Star Trek film wasn´t bad, so I guess they could have picked a worse director.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#153  Edited By KarlPilkington

@Meowshi said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

No I'm not. That's what happened. Period.

Yeah, all those people that had died just sprang up and went to church.

Yes, that is what happened. You know, you can just read the wiki or listen to interviews if you still don't understand the ending years after the show has been off the air.

I feel like you are trolling me, so in that case well done. But I'll take you bait and continue, I also suggest you read the wiki so you understand the ending, as so far you do not seem to grasp what happened. I like you.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By superfriend

@John1912 said:

@Superfriend said:

Ugh.. well that Star Trek film wasn´t bad, so I guess they could have picked a worse director.

Well, you don´t seem to like the film at all, huh? I will put it this way: I went to a premiere type event for the JJ Abrams Star Trek where a lot of fans ran around in Klingon gear and they showed the very first Star Trek movie in a seperate room.. THAT film is kinda shitty. I like a lot of the other movies.. but THAT film- oh god.

After being reminded of that, I really enjoyed the new film even if it had weird JJ Abrams stuff all over it, like fast paced everything just for the sake of it, little to no exposition for certain characters, a kind of weak bad guy (that´s why he always seems to cast excellent actors for those- they have to save the mediocre baddy), a kinda goofy twist and fan service, and the movie is over before you know it (again, that guy likes his movies short and FAST paced).

But overall, it ain´t bad. You could do worse for your reboot. Like casting Andrew Garfield as Spiderman and making it all "edgy".

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#155  Edited By DeeGee

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

Yes, that is what happened. You know, you can just read the wiki or listen to interviews if you still don't understand the ending years after the show has been off the air.

I feel like you are trolling me, so in that case well done. But I'll take you bait and continue, I also suggest you read the wiki so you understand the ending, as so far you do not seem to grasp what happened. I like you.

Yeah, KarlPilkington is right here. The church scene is not set years after they escaped from the island, and they were not dead the whole time.

I'm shocked that there are people who still don't understand what happened at the end of Lost. The church is not years in the future, it's set in the alternate reality/purgatory that Season 6 introduced. There isn't even an Island in that reality, they never went there and they never escaped from it to go to a church. They were also never dead from the beginning, as I saw someone raging about earlier in the thread. Everything that happened on the island happened, and the concept of them being stuck in purgatory was only introduced in Season 6 as the alternate world where they are all happy and never went to the island. They can remember their past lives on the island in this reality and find each other, so that they can be together forever. The church scene was them all passing on into heaven/whatever afterlife awaits them. It's not a very good idea, but still.

I mean, if you watched the show, this was all explained.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156  Edited By FilipHolm

@DeeGee said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

Yeah, KarlPilkington is right here. The church scene is not set years after they escaped from the island, and they were not dead the whole time.

I'm shocked that there are people who still don't understand what happened at the end of Lost. The church is not years in the future, it's set in the alternate reality/purgatory that Season 6 introduced. There isn't even an Island in that reality, they never went there and they never escaped from it to go to a church. They were also never dead from the beginning, as I saw someone raging about earlier in the thread. Everything that happened on the island happened, and the concept of them being stuck in purgatory was only introduced in Season 6 as the alternate world where they are all happy and never went to the island. They can remember their past lives on the island in this reality and find each other, so that they can be together forever. The church scene was them all passing on into heaven/whatever afterlife awaits them. It's not a very good idea, but still.

Wasn't also that alternate reality basically them having to find each other again?

Having died on the island, the whole seperate reality being the afterlife?

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By John1912

@Superfriend said:

@John1912 said:

@Superfriend said:

Well, you don´t seem to like the film at all, huh? I will put it this way: I went to a premiere type event for the JJ Abrams Star Trek where a lot of fans ran around in Klingon gear and they showed the very first Star Trek movie in a seperate room.. THAT film is kinda shitty. I like a lot of the other movies.. but THAT film- oh god.

After being reminded of that, I really enjoyed the new film even if it had weird JJ Abrams stuff all over it, like fast paced everything just for the sake of it, little to no exposition for certain characters, a kind of weak bad guy (that´s why he always seems to cast excellent actors for those- they have to save the mediocre baddy), a kinda goofy twist and fan service, and the movie is over before you know it (again, that guy likes his movies short and FAST paced).

But overall, it ain´t bad. You could do worse for your reboot. Like casting Andrew Garfield as Spiderman and making it all "edgy".

Yea, I just rewatched it last night to make sure I wasnt nuts and the IMDB rating of 8 was accurate. I found very little redeeming in the movie. Basically Spock. Kirk was a COMPLETE tool. He has absolutely no people skills. All he did was run amuk trying to be the biggest frat boy he could. Id almost like Bones as well if it didnt feel like he was running on and off camera as making his lines feel like complete jokes.

"The fast paced everything" was ridiculous. The time compression of events is staggering. In, out of Fleet academy to First Officer to Captain at light speed. I mean WTF? Every scene was just rushed ruining any impact it should have, as well as destroying any suspension of disbelief.

Barring that Star Trek is not meant to feel like a haphazardly rushed high octane fuel ride. Even looking at the movie as a stand alone piece, or even having nothing to do with Star Trek, its just bad.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#158  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@John1912: It's not an 8 but it's a newer movie that's popular with kids so you have to knock 1-2 points off for imdb, I think Star Trek is a solid 7 or so; fun to watch action movie that has little or nothing to do with Star Trek.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#159  Edited By csl316

No one man should have all that power.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#160  Edited By toowalrus

@FilipHolm said:

@DeeGee said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

Wasn't also that alternate reality basically them having to find each other again?

The alternate reality doesn't have a space on the timeline- it exists sometime after they had all died. Some of them died early on the island, like Boon and Shannon, some died later on the island, Sun & Jin & Jack. Some of them escaped in the end (Was it Kate and the pilot and a few others?) and presumably died of old age or something, Hurley and Ben could have lived for hundreds of years on that island thanks to whatever magical god nonsense was going on there, but they eventually died and ended up in the purgatory/flash-sideways/alternate reality/afterlife (whatever you want to call it). They didn't all die in the crash- everything that happened, happened. That's why Ben complements Hurley on being a terrific #1- why would he say something like that if they all just died on the crash?

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By FilipHolm

@TooWalrus said:

@FilipHolm said:

@DeeGee said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

The alternate reality doesn't have a space on the timeline- it exists sometime after they had all died. Some of them died early on the island, like Boon and Shannon, some died later on the island, Sun & Jin & Jack. Some of them escaped in the end (Was it Kate and the pilot and a few others?) and presumably died of old age or something, Hurley and Ben could have lived for hundreds of years on that island thanks to whatever magical god nonsense was going on there, but they eventually died and ended up in the purgatory/flash-sideways/alternate reality/afterlife (whatever you want to call it). They didn't all die in the crash- everything that happened, happened. That's why Ben complements Hurley on being a terrific #1- why would he say something like that if they all just died on the crash?

That's what I tried to explain but you did so with better words

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Meowshi

@DeeGee said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

@KarlPilkington said:

@Meowshi said:

I don't see what one thing has to do with the other. Who said anything about them being dead the whole time?! The church is where they meet up after they die, and as several of them left the island, then what happened in the church did occur after they left. I don't know what you're rambling on about besides that. Seems like you're trying to over-complicate a simple ending.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#163  Edited By TheHT

Reading all of this makes LOST sound pretty lame.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#164  Edited By toowalrus

@TheHT said:

All this discussion was about the very last episode, which even the most hardcore fans think is totally lame.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#165  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

Hey guys, I'm going to say it again: J.J. Abrams had nothing to do with Lost other than the pilot episode. Which was awesome.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By DeeGee

@Meowshi said:

@DeeGee said:

I don't see what one thing has to do with the other. Who said anything about them being dead the whole time?! The church is where they meet up after they die, and as several of them left the island, then what happened in the church did occur after they left. I don't know what you're rambling on about besides that. Seems like you're trying to over-complicate a simple ending.

... Branthog said they were dead the whole time, the guy you corrected telling him the church stuff happened years after they got off the island. Try and keep up will you? If you're going to be telling people the wrong things, at least remember when you are doing it. You're just reading into the show and confusing people why telling them things that you are just assuming. The facts from the show are: there's a purgatory where they go to meet each other and move on to the afterlife. It's even implied that there are people there who have not died yet and thus are not ready to cross over into the afterlife.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Meowshi

@DeeGee said:

@Meowshi said:

@DeeGee said:

... Branthog said they were dead the whole time, the guy you corrected telling him the church stuff happened years after they got off the island. Try and keep up will you? If you're going to be telling people the wrong things, at least remember when you are doing it. You're just reading into the show and confusing people why telling them things that you are just assuming. The facts from the show are: there's a purgatory where they go to meet each other and move on to the afterlife. It's even implied that there are people there who have not died yet and thus are not ready to cross over into the afterlife.

You're telling me I'm wrong when that's exactly what I'm saying? The reading comprehension in this thread is atrocious.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Meowshi

@TheHT said:

Well it isn't.

@TooWalrus said:

@TheHT said:

All this discussion was about the very last episode, which even the most hardcore fans think is totally lame.

I got my character pay-offs, which is all I wanted. I stopped caring about the mystery and answers seasons back. I liked it.

CaptMagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#169  Edited By CaptMagic123

@Inkerman: Hopefully they wont be WORSE than the Prequels

Nasharoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Nasharoo

This seems like the most sensible "safe" choice they could have made. An established Sci-Fi director who can take the franchise and restore some sort of credibility to it. It wouldn't suprise me that should this film do well, they'll choose a younger/ less proven director to put their own individual spin on it.

Or Tarantino. God damn that would be a great film.