Jose Canseco Finger?

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Sooooo, apparently Jose Canseco's finger fell off during a poker tournament........ @danryckert

Thoughts?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

He already knows, he was told over yesterday's UPF. Also, this should be in off-topic... if there's even anything worth discussing.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fuzzypumpkin
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

Thar's disgusting, fascinating, and terrifying in equal measure.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By r3beld0gg

Okay, Jose Conseco has come up on the Bombcast more than once since Dan Ryckert joined. Apparently there is some beef between these two guys, but I keep forgetting to look it up. Can someone enlighten me? All I know is that Jose Conseco is or was a football or baseball player. I know I've heard the name, but I'm not familiar with him professionally. I know there was something where he wrote an introduction to one of Dan's books (which I also keep forgetting to read) and apparently Dan thinks he's an idiot. Am I missing something?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think Dan now has a real chance at winning that home run derby

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@r3beld0gg: He's one of the few baseball plays I can name, mostly 'cause he was in an episode of the Simpsons along with Daryl Strawberry, the other baseball player I can name.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r3beld0gg: Baseball player. I don't think he did anything specific to Dan, just everyone knows Jose is a shithead and asshole, mainly because he wrote a book which accused a ton of people taking steroids.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, what the actual fuck?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Corevi
@r3beld0gg said:

Okay, Jose Conseco has come up on the Bombcast more than once since Dan Ryckert joined. Apparently there is some beef between these two guys, but I keep forgetting to look it up. Can someone enlighten me? All I know is that Jose Conseco is or was a football or baseball player. I know I've heard the name, but I'm not familiar with him professionally. I know there was something where he wrote an introduction to one of Dan's books (which I also keep forgetting to read) and apparently Dan thinks he's an idiot. Am I missing something?

He's a baseball player who extensively used steroids and incriminated a bunch of other baseball players who also used steroids. He's a garbage person.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

He's a baseball player who extensively used steroids and incriminated a bunch of other baseball players who also used steroids. He's a garbage person.

Okay. Yeah, that's pretty shitty. From what they've said on GB in the past I thought there was something else there.

@alexw00d said:

@r3beld0gg: He's one of the few baseball plays I can name, mostly 'cause he was in an episode of the Simpsons along with Daryl Strawberry, the other baseball player I can name.

I remember that! I'm not even really into the Simpsons. I mostly remember Daryl Strawberry because he sounds delicious. Also, Babe Ruth. I can name him.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r3beld0gg: This crowd funding fight he started had something to do with it.

LOL. I remember that coming up, but totally forgot about it. That's hilarious. If I was still on the road and could get to Minneapolis, I'd drop that $150.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By PimblyCharles

Does anyone know why Dan hates Jose so much? Before the crowd funding, there must have been some trigger to make Dan single out Jose like that. Is it because Jose was a legend that turned junkie narc? Did Jose or Dan start this whole thing? It's all so confusing, but also amazing. I looked up to Jose as a kid loving baseball and the MLB. Now I think he's a piece of shit. Dan giving him constant shit is just icing on the cake. It's great.

Maybe Dan's book has all the answers? Has anyone that read it know?

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He posted a picture of it on his Twitter, I won't embed it here because I'm not sure if it violates the forum's rules, but it's the stuff of nightmares.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pimblycharles: Honestly, I think it's just because he's an all around piece of shit who thinks he is holier than thou. He also seems to think he did everyone a huge favor by narcing on a bunch of people for using steroids when he himself was a roided out dick head. I just don't like him because he cheated in baseball and that's my sport. No respect for him.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@r3beld0gg: He didn't do anything specifically to Dan but Dan likes picking on him because A) Jose Canseco is an Arrogant Jerk and B) He responds back when Dan picks on him (on Twitter). Oh and C) for some reason he accepted to write a foreword to one of Dan's Gator books.

They also had some weird crowd funding feud, but I don't remember the details of it. It mostly goes back to A and B.

Ya, Jose Canseco is weird.

@pimblycharles: See A and B above. As far as I know there's no catalyst per say other than A and B. Also Dan's book(s) has no answers- it's just nonsense comedy and everyone should probably read it. Or not. I don't know. He did specifically pick on Jose Canseco in at least one of them using the small dick rule (on top of parody) to get around any possibility of being sued for libel. I only know this from what Dan has said, though.

I haven't had time to read his books myself.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet mother of god that picture. How does anyone not immediately go to the fucking hospital with a finger looking like that? Some excellent work reattaching that as well.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vocalcannibal

I'm starting to see what Dan means when he calls Canseco an idiot.

No Caption Provided

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By BisonHero

@vocalcannibal said:

I'm starting to see what Dan means when he calls Canseco an idiot.

No Caption Provided

To be fair, did that even happen at all, or did somebody make that up for a goof? If it did happen, that's pretty funny.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please, I'm eating.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canseco may be a rat and an all-around greasy bastard, but his twitter is unintentionally great because he sucks so badly at it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By mosespippy
@theblue said:

Sweet mother of god that picture. How does anyone not immediately go to the fucking hospital with a finger looking like that? Some excellent work reattaching that as well.

I haven't seen the picture because it seems to have been deleted, but I would guess because he assumed that the doctor's who reattached it knew what they were doing and did it correctly.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jking47

I am not defending the guy or anything, but why is it a bad thing that he narced on a bunch of people using steroids? Wouldn't we want to know if people are cheating?

NOTE: I only know about him from hearing his name over the years, and I don't care about baseball, so I could be missing something.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jking47: It's more the fact that he thinks he's excusing himsef and getting off the hook by being a rat. That's annoying. I would love to see all of the guys that used steroids get hung out to dry, but the way he did was just embarassing.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@jking47 said:

I am not defending the guy or anything, but why is it a bad thing that he narced on a bunch of people using steroids? Wouldn't we want to know if people are cheating?

Snitches get stiches.

He was part of a brotherhood that trusted him and he betrayed them. Fuck that guy.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By twigger89
@mb said:

@jking47 said:

Snitches get stiches.

He was part of a brotherhood that trusted him and he betrayed them. Fuck that guy.

A brotherhood of people who were betraying their fellow players by actively cheating. Jose Conseco may be a cheating dick but so are all those other dudes and frankly I'd rather he rat them out and they all get fucked then some of them get away with it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@jking47 said:

Snitches get stiches.

A brotherhood of people who were betraying their fellow players by actively cheating. Jose Conseco may be a cheating dick but so are all those other dudes and frankly I'd rather he rat them out and they all get fucked then some of them get away with it.

The reason why Jose Canseco is seen as a rat is because he snitched for money. If he had done it anonymously or just told his story he'd probably been seen more in a positive light. It's also fuckin karma cause Canseco had always been seen by fans as a dick throughout his career. That's not to excuse all those other players who juiced but Canseco pretty much dug his grave with his arrogance.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By twigger89

@i_stay_puft: To be clear I think Conseco is a piece of shit, I just think the other baseball players who cheated are also pieces of shit. Maybe Conseco is a bigger piece of shit, but honestly at that level the differences are pretty meaningless. It's like differentiating between two robbers who robbed a billion and two billion dollars respectively. While the guy who robbed more is technically bad, they both robbed a ton of money and therefore are equally shitty people imo.

Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The irony...

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Man, I really wanted to see the picture of the finger...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@bisonhero: There actually does seem to be some truth to the Toronto Mayor thing. See here.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Well at least Jose Canseco will be able to throw a decent "split finger" now...

Loading Video...